PDA

View Full Version : Banana Stuffed French Toast [recipe]

WITron
05-06-2007, 09:06 PM
I was wondering if anyone has the recipe for the Banana stuffed French toast that is served at Storytellers.

limace
05-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Well, I found this (http://hotels.about.com/od/disneyworld/r/tonga_toast.htm). I haven't eaten there (but I'm gonna have to-yum!) so I'm not sure if it sounds like what they serve there or not. It is apparently a Disney recipe.

mousekadoo
05-07-2007, 06:33 AM
Here's one from a very old Disney World cookbook I inherited:

Stuffed French Toast

2 or 4 slices sourdough bread cut 1-inch thick
1 banana
1/3 cup sugar
1 tspn cinnamon
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tspn vanilla extract
Oil or shortening for frying
Whipped butter, if desired
Maple syrup if desired

Depending on the size of the bread slices, cut a 1-inch pocket in one side of each bread slice. Cut bananas in half crosswise then split each piece lengthwise. Remove peel and stuff 2 pieces in each pocket of bread, again depending on size. Set aside. Mix sugar and cinnamon. Set aside. Mix egg milk and vanilla until well blended.
Heat about 4 inches of oil in a pan to 350 degrees. Dipped stuffed bread in egg and milk mixture, soaking a few minuets to penetrate into bread. Fry in hot oil until lightly browned, turning to brown both sides about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels on cake rack. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and serve at once. Note: If more servings are desired, double only the amount of bread, bananas, egg, milk and vanilla for 4 servings.