PDA

View Full Version : A letter came from Club 33...

Pages : [1] 2 3

mkraemer
05-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Well, well, well...after about eight or nine years on the waiting list, we got a letter from Club 33.

Not an invitation to join, mind you. It was a Confirmation of Interest letter. I believe we received a similar letter several years ago. This one seemed more serious, though.

But this one had to be returned by May 11 or we'd be dropped from the waiting list. And there were several little interesting places that needed to be initialled, such as giving authority to Club 33 to check our credit rating, that we were prepared to complete an application and attach the full initiation fee within 15 days, and maintain our position on the waiting list at either the corporate membership ($25K initiation fee) or gold private membership (initiation fee $9,500).

It was quite the thrill to get a letter with Club 33, Royal Street, New Orleans Square, Disneyland as its return address...

lofosho
05-06-2007, 09:18 PM
Congrats! You're almost there :D

adriennek
05-06-2007, 09:21 PM
It was quite the thrill to get a letter with Club 33, Royal Street, New Orleans Square, Disneyland as its return address...

I'd just like to assure you that I will not violate the MousePad solicitation policy.

(Nevermind that you're my son's godmother and I have your e-mail address...)

:~D

Adrienne

i.love.disneyland
05-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Awesome! When are you taking all of us?

Rapunzelthorn
05-06-2007, 11:44 PM
I had no idea that they had an initiation fee (and such a steep one at that!). Wow. :eek:

bloodnswash
05-07-2007, 08:06 AM
Interesting, a few months ago we sent a letter to Club 33 letting them know that we were interested in getting on the waiting list. We received our application a short while later. What's interesting is that just a few months ago the initiation fee was $8500. It has already gone up $1000.

Congrats and enjoy!

nursemelis374
05-07-2007, 08:45 AM
After my dinner there a couple of weeks ago, I am highly debating getting on this list.

Does anybody know how you can go about splitting the membership between people?

GusMan
05-07-2007, 08:50 AM
After my dinner there a couple of weeks ago, I am highly debating getting on this list.
Here is what is going to seem like a real dumb question from someone who has never been to C33 or to DLR before...
But what makes eating there special enough to shell out that kind of money up front?

Keep in mind, Im not trying to threadcrap, hijack this thread or anything like that - it is a sincere question in my mind.

mkraemer
05-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Here is what is going to seem like a real dumb question from someone who has never been to C33 or to DLR before...
But what makes eating there special enough to shell out that kind of money up front?

Keep in mind, Im not trying to threadcrap, hijack this thread or anything like that - it is a sincere question in my mind.

Understood. And I'm weighing some of those things myself, now that this amount is no longer a trivial sum (back in the dot com bubble days when we got on the list, the money was not such a big deal).

I think that a big part of it is the mystique, the exclusivity, the 'Waltness' of the place, even more than the dining experience. It's being in a place that has a lot of the soul of Disneyland, and that's a beautiful and quiet place where you can savor, enjoy, and have a wonderfully pure experience.

And, on the more obvious side, wouldn't I suddenly have a LOT of friends?

Rapunzelthorn
05-07-2007, 09:07 AM
And, on the more obvious side, wouldn't I suddenly have a LOT of friends?

LOL! :)

KDR
05-07-2007, 09:55 AM

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but at this point, you can't. The wait list was closed about a month back. No one is being added. But even before they closed it officially, the list was effectively closed anyway. There are just too many people on it, and not enough spaces coming open. In 2005 and 2006, no members dropped out, thus no new spaces opened. I know someone who is somewhere in the top ten wait list spots. He has yet to hear this year if an opening has come up for him. So, three years, and possibly less than ten openings.

There are over 1700 people on the wait list.

Even if you get extremely generous with the numbers and say that ten memberships come open each year, well, do the math and see how long it'll be until the person at number 1700 is going to get that membership invitation letter . . .

Does anybody know how you can go about splitting the membership between people?

Once again, you can't. That's why it's called an "individual membership". Corporate memberships are, of course, owned by the corporation, and in that sense I guess they are split. But there are still restrictions on who can make reservations.

vegasmommytoDL
05-07-2007, 09:59 AM
complete an application and attach the full initiation fee within 15 days, and maintain our position on the waiting list at either the corporate membership ($25K initiation fee) or gold private membership (initiation fee $9,500).

OK, so that is the initiation fee, if you don't mind me asking... how much is the YEARLY fee? I will be very surprised if you say there isn't one! Do these memberships give you your park admission or do you still need a separate AP? How many people does a membership cover?

I could never afford one, but I am curious! At one point I considered getting on the list just to be there in case I have that kind of money later in life! LOL Sounds to me like they are now cutting out the people like me who were just waiting in line in hope...

KDR
05-07-2007, 10:07 AM
OK, so that is the initiation fee, if you don't mind me asking... how much is the YEARLY fee? I will be very surprised if you say there isn't one! Do these memberships give you your park admission or do you still need a separate AP? How many people does a membership cover?

I could never afford one, but I am curious! At one point I considered getting on the list just to be there in case I have that kind of money later in life! LOL Sounds to me like they are now cutting out the people like me who were just waiting in line in hope...

The yearly fee for individuals is $3,175. And, of course, that's also due the first year, making the first payment a whopping $12,675.00 !!!!!!

wookieecantina
05-07-2007, 10:30 AM
I found a link regarding this membership update. While I'm not sure how many were sent, thankfully we received one as well. Sounds as though they're culling the list which is wonderful news!

mkraemer
05-07-2007, 10:40 AM
The yearly fee for individuals is $3,175. And, of course, that's also due the first year, making the first payment a whopping $12,675.00 !!!!!!

A wise friend advised this:

Win the Lottery.
Join Club 33.
Go to Tokyo Disneyland/Disney Sea.

It's good to have goals.

GusMan
05-07-2007, 10:47 AM
making the first payment a whopping $12,675.00 !!!!!!
Just an observation, but for a few dollars more, one can get into the DVC and experience years of vacations.

GORGON
05-07-2007, 11:12 AM
I wish you the best of luck getting in :) . What's that ? bring my family as your guests ? sure i think we can make it. Post date 2009. :D

KDR
05-07-2007, 11:22 AM
I found a link regarding this membership update. While I'm not sure how many were sent, thankfully we received one as well. Sounds as though they're culling the list which is wonderful news!

There was a rather lengthy thread about this exact subject over on another board. I'm pretty sure the Club sent such letters to all but the very most recent additions to the list. (Which, by the way, I was mistaken about in my earlier post -- there are 1600 names on the list, not 1700. Has anyone done the math yet?)

So far, everyone I know or have heard of who actually have their names on the list (about eight people in all, or .5% of the total - how much of a sample is needed to be a statistically significant enough percentage?) have all replied that they are still interested and have authorized the credit check. A 100% rate of "stay the course." So I don't really know how much culling is actually going to occur as a result of this.

Mouseearsusa
05-07-2007, 11:59 AM
We got the same letter two weeks ago, from club 33 on formal paper. We sent ours back, so I think our wait is only 1 or 2 years away, I hope.

KDR
05-07-2007, 12:05 PM
We got the same letter two weeks ago, from club 33 on formal paper. We sent ours back, so I think our wait is only 1 or 2 years away, I hope.

When did you send in your initial letter of inquiry? The person I mentioned above who has been in the top ten names on the wait list for the last three years sent in his original letter back in 1999.

The Real Cinderella
05-07-2007, 12:42 PM
I wish you the best of luck getting in :) . What's that ? bring my family as your guests ? sure i think we can make it. Post date 2009. :D

Haha! Genius ... pure genius.

mkraemer
05-07-2007, 12:55 PM
Just an observation, but for a few dollars more, one can get into the DVC and experience years of vacations.

An excellent point.

My other considerations are:
1) do I use the money to pay off the very recent trip to DLP?
2) do I use the money to pay for my upcoming DCL trip?

Life's full of tough choices...

mkraemer
05-07-2007, 12:55 PM
When did you send in your initial letter of inquiry? The person I mentioned above who has been in the top ten names on the wait list for the last three years sent in his original letter back in 1999.

Good heavens above! That's about when we put in our names...we might be farther up the list than I suspect!

KDR
05-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Good heavens above! That's about when we put in our names...we might be farther up the list than I suspect!

You can always call the Club and ask. AFAIK, they won't give you a specific number of where you are on the list unless you're just about the next person to get a letter. But they do tell you how long they think it'll be until you get that invitation letter. Either way, it never hurts to ask.

wookieecantina
05-07-2007, 01:01 PM
I believe we entered in 2001, so you're all ahead of us! :fez: It will be interesting to see how long it takes. I was told that no memberships have been offered in over a year, seems as though no one has relinquished their membership. Patience, patience, patience!!