PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours-- Hidden Mickey in Video?

snappy
05-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Where can you find the Hidden Mickey in the Video presentation before loading the star speeder? And it's not her hairdo either?

bassett1976
05-06-2007, 09:00 PM
Check out this:
http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/Disneyland/Tomorrow/StarTours.html

"When you are watching the "pre-boarding" video look for the Ewok boarding the STARSPEEDER 3000. He is carrying a little stuffed Mickey Mouse doll. I pointed this out to the Cast Member and she confirmed it as a Hidden Mickey."

bloodnswash
05-07-2007, 08:12 AM
Just for some extra info, there's a Mickey Mouse doll in the Tower of Terror video too :) The little girl is holding it.

snappy
05-07-2007, 10:46 AM
You people are good at these things! Back to the drawing boards!

cstephens
05-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Just for some extra info, there's a Mickey Mouse doll in the Tower of Terror video too :) The little girl is holding it.

I don't think I'd call that a hidden Mickey - more like a blatant Mickey.

BQ2
05-07-2007, 07:33 PM
What he said!
BQ2

Bytebear
05-07-2007, 08:49 PM
I just saw "Meet the Robinsons" and I am sure there were plenly of hidden Mickey's. I did see one upside down as a hedge.

Katran
05-08-2007, 12:10 PM

Well, I feel blatantly stupid then because out of multiple rides I never once noticed it. :p I noticed that she was holding a doll, I just never noticed it was a Mickey Mouse one. I didn't notice it on Star Tours either (in my defense, I have pretty bad eyesight, lol).

Another Dimension
05-08-2007, 12:22 PM

That's an actual Mickey...

The ToT Hidden Mickey is in the boiler room, lower level, on one of the larger gauges.. :cool:

tod
05-08-2007, 08:58 PM
An image of a kid carrying a doll is a "Hidden Mickey"?

If that's so, I saw a real big "Hidden Mickey" in Toontown. He was behind a door, that makes him hidden, right?

--t

Katran
05-09-2007, 07:35 AM
C'mon, be nice. There's no reason to bash anyone over something like that.

I've mentioned the Mickey doll in the TOT video to several people since my last post and was surprised to find out that a lot of people who've been on that ride did not see it. So I don't feel quite so stupid (or blind) now, lol. :p

tod
05-09-2007, 06:39 PM
C'mon, be nice. There's no reason to bash anyone over something like that.

That's not bashing.

I've mentioned the Mickey doll in the TOT video to several people since my last post and was surprised to find out that a lot of people who've been on that ride did not see it. So I don't feel quite so stupid (or blind) now, lol. :p

People miss things all the time (I just saw the big penny on the Penny Arcade in the last six months, and I've been going to Disneyland since 1955) so good for you for seeing it. But it ain't a "Hidden Mickey," not by a long shot.

--t

Mrs Mouse
05-09-2007, 09:43 PM
I just saw "Meet the Robinsons" and I am sure there were plenly of hidden Mickey's. I did see one upside down as a hedge.
Thank you so much for posting this! We saw the movie a few days ago and my boyfriend didn't believe me - but I know a hidden Mickey when I see one!

Katran
05-09-2007, 10:15 PM
That's not bashing.

Well, your "tone" seemed a bit overly sarcastic to me, but if I inferred it wrong, then my apologies.

People miss things all the time (I just saw the big penny on the Penny Arcade in the last six months, and I've been going to Disneyland since 1955) so good for you for seeing it. But it ain't a "Hidden Mickey," not by a long shot.

--t

Well, I didn't see it, at least not that it was a Mickey, but it's good to know that I'm not the only one who misses things even after multiple visits. I guess that's one of the great things about Disneyland: you really can notice something new every single visit.

But I agree that it wouldn't be a "hidden" Mickey in the sense of how the term is usually used by Disney aficionados, but to some people it would be "hidden" in the sense that it was most likely put in there to see how many people would catch it, knowing that quite a few wouldn't. To some people (and I don't know if this refers to that particular poster or not), that is a valid form of "hidden".

Okay yeah, that's being nitpicky. :p