PDA

View Full Version : Oprah show was at Disneyland today! [May 5th]

Tinkermommy
05-05-2007, 09:34 PM
We saw Oprah at Disneyland today! This morning (Sat.) just before 10, we noticed a crowd and a lot of equipment set up outside the castle. There was also a big screen that said, "Cheers to you, Debbe."

Turns out Oprah was honoring a woman who started a telephone hotline for pregnant women in difficult circumstances and who has helped hundreds of mothers/families with keeping their children or adopting the children of others.

Actor John Stamos picked the woman (Debbe) up in a limo this morning and brought her to Disneyland. They said the windows were blacked out so she had no idea what was going on. They managed to drive the limo all the way up Main Street and open it in front of the castle, where she was greeted by Oprah and hundreds of onlookers.

We saw a huge group of people of all ages lined up near our spot on the side of the castle, and could tell they were going to be part of the show. Oprah told Debbe's story, showed clips of some of the people she'd helped -- and then invited that enormous group -- people she'd helped -- to come out. Mickey and friends all came out of the castle for a picture with the group, and then they all got to spend the day in the park. It was very moving, and a fun thing to stumble upon!

lofosho
05-05-2007, 09:55 PM
Ahhhhh I'm sooooooo jealous! :) :D :)

I loveeeee Oprah!

lofosho
05-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Does anyone know when this episode is being aired? I'd love to watch it!

backsthepack
05-06-2007, 03:46 AM
That is a cool story. Nice that she was honored that way. (I just don't like Oprah one little bit;) )

PanFan
05-06-2007, 07:46 AM
I noticed all the equipment and stuff set up when I went to lunch yesterday, but didn't see them actually taping anything. When I was returning from lunch, I got to come out from backstage with the Mad Hatter, Alice, Chip & Dale, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Donald!

Tinkermommy
05-06-2007, 08:25 AM
I noticed all the equipment and stuff set up when I went to lunch yesterday, but didn't see them actually taping anything.

The whole thing was actually pretty quick. I don't think it lasted much more than half an hour. The next time we passed the area, there wasn't a trace of any equipment, which I thought was amazing.

Forgot to mention, though -- at the end, they shot little pieces of colored tissue paper up into the air. They did it for quite a while, and it was an incredible sight! Our kids filled a whole popcorn bucket with what they caught flying overhead. It covered the water in the lagoon outside the castle, and was all over the trees. It was very pretty!! We found pieces of that tissue paper all over the park all day!

AVP
05-06-2007, 09:06 AM
The episode is supposed to air Wednesday.

AVP

disneyhound
05-06-2007, 12:28 PM
And where was your camera...? ;)

Tinkermommy
05-06-2007, 12:41 PM
And where was your camera...? ;)

Oddly enough, it was in my hand. I just don't know how to post pictures!

They're not close, but you can see that it's Oprah.

AVP
05-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Oddly enough, it was in my hand. I just don't know how to post pictures!

They're not close, but you can see that it's Oprah.Check your PMs - I can help.

AVP

Crazy4DL
05-06-2007, 06:25 PM
How exciting . . . that would have made my day! I am going to dvr Wednesday's show! Hope you can post a picture too though.

X_disneywolf_X
05-09-2007, 01:53 PM
I just watched that part of the Oprah Episode. It looked like everyone was having a great time! :)
It was probably only on air for about 10 minutes when they were at the actual DL site, and its right at the beginning of the show.
But wow. What a great thing to happen to Debbe! And it sure looked fun for everyone to be celebrating such a great thing at a great place ;)

disneyperson
05-09-2007, 04:01 PM
We were walking into Fantasyland through the Snow White Fountain side, when a guy in a suit caught up with us and told us all about Oprah being there. He told us we could get a good view if we went back to the front of the castle. He seemed disappointed when we politley declined .(we so did not need to see Oprah:rolleyes: )
We passed by Snoop Dog later that night. He was pushing a baby stroller and was wearing light up silver Mouse Ears, complete with chin strap. pretty funny.:D
I guess it was a day for the celebrities to be out.

Crazy4DL
05-09-2007, 07:53 PM
. He seemed disappointed when we politley declined .(we so did not need to see Oprah:rolleyes: )

:eek:

:p

I hope you had your handy dandy notepad with you taking notes for that handy dandy trip report I am waiting for. :~D heehee ;)