PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa Character Meet & Greet [merged]

BklynChick
05-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Has anyone done this at DCA? I've done the one at EPCOT and wanted to take advantage of the DL offer during my trip in October. Where do you pick up the free photo?

houseofmouse
05-05-2007, 12:10 PM
We have done it with my mom and my friend who have Disney Visas. You get a picture with either Sailor Chip and Dale or Salior Mickey and Goofy. We have a lot of fun with this and if it is not crowded even better!! We took a ton of photos plus I think the photopass people took 3 for us to chose from for the free one. You must do it by 11:15 am in Ariels(maybe 11). You pick up your photo in the Welcome to California store by the front of the park.
Also you have to show them your Visa before they will let you go down there for pictures. We have never been asked for ID but have it handy just in case.:)

acpalmer
05-06-2007, 10:47 AM
You can also use your coupon at the Photostore on Mainstreet in DL. That's where we used ours and we were allowed to choose from all of the photopass photos that we had, so we ended up using it for a different pic that we liked better than the ones from Ariels.

yenko427
05-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Does anyone happen to know the shift for characters at the Visa meet and greet. Is Mickey and Goofy first like 10-10:30?

cactusgirl
05-06-2007, 01:56 PM
We were there 2 weeks ago and went to the meet and greet every day. The CM told us that they won't guarantee characters and that it is the same grouping fro the entire 1 1/2 hours of the M & G. On the days we went it was Mickey & Goofy and Mickey & Minnie. They were always in the nautical outfits. I asked if there were ever princesses at the meets and greet and the Cm indicated that it would always be Mickey--but they would not guarantee it :)

cactusgirl
05-06-2007, 02:02 PM
We were there 2 weeks ago. The M & G--according to the info we were given--lasts the first 1 1/2 hours CA is open. We went at 11:20 one day and were really rushed--they had to clear us out to get ready for the Princess lunch. We had to show our Disney Visa at the top of the stairs and again at the bottom--where the picts are made. The CMs were VERY friendly there and let us take as many picts as we wanted with out camera--except for the day that we arrived at 11:20.

The card we were given said the picts would be at the Everything California store for 24 hours after they were taken. They always made us choose one of the picts from the meet and greet. I would have loved to have done it at the camera store in MK, but it states on the card that the picts must be picked up at CA. Perhaps it depends upon the CM as to what they will let you do.:)

vicbella2
05-06-2007, 02:55 PM
On the days we went it was Mickey & Goofy and Mickey & Minnie.

Wow, we have yet to see Minnie. We usually get Mickey & Goofy or Chip & Dale.

*Tink*
05-07-2007, 10:24 AM
We did the M&G in Sept 06 and it was GREAT! We went as soon as we got to CA and besides our family, there was only one other family there, so we had tons of one on one time with Mickey and Goofy. Goofy was crawling around on the floor with my then 10 month old son; it was a blast and my kids LOVED it!

Does anyone know how many people can go in with you? Next Spring we are taking friends with us that have never gone to DLR and I know their girls would love the M&G. There will be a total of 4 adults and 4 children. If that is too many people, can I use my card to get 4 of us in and my husband use his to get the other 4 in?

oregonn8v
05-15-2007, 05:21 AM
Just wanted to see if anyone has participated in the Disney Visa Meet & Greet? I beleive it is at Ariel's Grotto for 90 minutes following the opening of DCA.

What is it all about? Any insite is appreciated.

Eric

cactusgirl
05-15-2007, 06:00 AM
It is basically a photo op without a line. When we were there, you go to the lobby of Ariels' Grotto, show the CM your Disney Visa card. walk downstairs and "meet and greet" two characters--Chip & Dale, Minnie & Mickey, Mickey & Goofy (at least those are the combos we have seen). It is relaxed--if there is no line, quiet and a great chance to really interact with the characters. They also interact with mom and dad--wow. The CMs were always very friendly. They took LOTS of photos--from being greeted by the characters as we came down the stairs, to interacting with them to the formal "posed" shot. They also let us take pictures.

Overall, this is one of the best character interactions we have had that we did not pay for. Do it. It is free:)

bloodnswash
05-15-2007, 07:21 AM
I have done this. When we were there (we got there about 5 minutes after it started) the CMs (not the characters) were very "Okay, now move on!" We felt very very rushed.....and there was nobody behind us. The characters were great. Can't say that about the rest of the CMs that were involved.

I did get a nice picture, though. I'd still give it a shot.....it's a free photo :)

silence
05-15-2007, 04:45 PM
We were there on Friday.

We saw Mickey and Goofy. They only send down 1-2 families at a time. Unfortunately another family came out of the bathroom when it was our turn and kind of rushed us. But we stood our ground and got the pictures we wanted.

Loved the free picture. Wish we had done it each day of our trip!

*Tink*
05-15-2007, 05:26 PM
We went in Sept of 06 and had a blast there! We headed straight there when the park opened and it was only us and one other family.

Mickey and Goofy were there and were FANTASTIC! Goofy got on the floor with my younger son, while Mickey played with my older son.

There was no rush at all, even though, when we finally left after about 15 minutes, there were a few other families waiting.

We got a free picture that we picked up at Greetings from California (I think) and it is SO cute! Mickey has his arm around my 4 year old and Goofy is down on all fours with my 10 month old. Its one of my favorite pictures.

We all had a great time and will definately go everytime we are at DCA.

IdahoMike
05-15-2007, 07:31 PM
I'll add my .02 as well. Definitely do it! We did it 3 times last trip, and will be doing it several more times next month. Great character interaction, you basically get them all to yourselves, free picture, and they will usually have a ton of fun with you and your children (if you have kids with you). We loved it!

CookieBandit
06-27-2007, 09:06 PM
I have a Disney Visa card and would love to do this... but I'd be going with my sister (we're in our 20s) and our parents (in their 60s). No children. Would it be awkward?

I think it would be great to at least get a nice photo with the characters... even if it was just a 2-second meet and greet...

Anyone gone to Meet and Greet with just adults, no children? Would it be strange?

WITron
06-28-2007, 05:38 AM
It can't be any more awkward then when I went by myself with a stuffed Mickey.