PDA

View Full Version : Country Bear Playhouse?

tommorwlandfan
06-16-2002, 08:14 AM
What's going on with the Country Bear Playhouse. There has been no constuction activity to convert it to the Pooh ride. Will it reopen with the Vacation Hoedown revue?

Disney Nick
06-16-2002, 09:14 AM
For once you aren't stating this is a fact, but rather asking a question. You're getting better, good job! ;) No, the Country Bears are not going to re-open, Pooh is still on schedule and going to open.

Disneyfreak
06-16-2002, 09:30 PM
Hold on just a darn min, you dont know that for sure. Something might come up. The last time i was there, there was a Country Bears poster right next to the ride. So no one knows for sure what is going to happen. They might add two attractions. They could open Pooh and the Country Bears based on the new movie comming out. They have not done anything to the theatres in CBJ they have just removed everything. They could still add an attraction there. The pooh station is constructed to the far left of CBJ so there is still a chance that this is top secret but even I am guessing.

Disney Nick
06-16-2002, 09:39 PM
Show me one piece of evidence that the Bears are coming back?

zapppop
06-16-2002, 11:36 PM
Sorry DisneyFreak, the Country Bears will not be returning.
Everything in that space is being used for Winnie The Pooh. The only reason why the new Winnie The Pooh ride hasn't been announced publicly is because of the lawsuit filed against Disney over the copyrights to the Pooh characters.

The funny thing about the poster is that me and the Sunday Brunch MPers saw the poster for the Country Bears movie infront of what used to be the Country Bears Playhouse and said that the poster will probably create confusion and make people thing the bears are returning, and then I get back home and read your post.

Uncle Dick
06-16-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
The funny thing about the poster is that me and the Sunday Brunch MPers saw the poster for the Country Bears movie infront of what used to be the Country Bears Playhouse and said that the poster will probably create confusion and make people thing the bears are returning, and then I get back home and read your post.
They've added a new sign next to the movie poster which features Max, Buff and Melvin talking about the Country Bears "taking their show on the road."

Nigel2
06-17-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by tommorwlandfan
What's going on with the Country Bear Playhouse. There has been no constuction activity to convert it to the Pooh ride. Will it reopen with the Vacation Hoedown revue?

Actually if there is any ride construction going on it will most likely be off site (like they do with most if not all the attractions) but they may have gone as far as they can with building prep for the moment.