PDA

View Full Version : Proposal planning - who can I call?

covert
05-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Im planning a "spontaneous" trip to DL on which I'll propose to my girlfriend. I haven't been able to decide on the setting so I thought I'd try and arrange all three and just make it that much more special of a day.

First, I've read of a guy (probably on this forum) who worked with City Hall to arrange to lose his wallet. When they met at a specific time and place to have the wallet returned Captain Jack came in with the wallet and the ring. This is really the only sort of thing that I can think of that will guarantee your time and place and let you involve a character. My problem is I'd like to arrange something ahead of time as I'm not going to be able to sneak off to Town Hall on my own. Who can I call to arrange this in advance?

Second, my girlfriend and I both would love to eat at the Blue Bayou purely for the environment. We've never eaten there as nothing on the menu is our kind of food. Who could I call to try and arrange some Rancho del Zocalo being brought over?

Third, I know the number to reserve balcony seating for Fantasmic! but how far in advance does this fill up? I'm not going to know when we're going until maybe two or three days before.

Thanks in advance for the help!

jamwilson
05-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Wow! How fun to propose at DL!!

The only answer I can give you is on Fantasmic Gallery seating. These seats go FAST! They take reservations 30 days in advance & they are usually gone in a few days. Seating is by time reservation is made, so the first reservations are seated in the front row, the last reservations are in the back row, the earlier you make them the better seats you will have. You also have to prepay at the time reservations are made so no making one then changing your mind (unless you want to be out the money). Good luck with it!

tod
05-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Im planning a "spontaneous" trip to DL on which I'll propose to my girlfriend. I haven't been able to decide on the setting so I thought I'd try and arrange all three and just make it that much more special of a day.

First, I've read of a guy (probably on this forum) who worked with City Hall to arrange to lose his wallet. When they met at a specific time and place to have the wallet returned Captain Jack came in with the wallet and the ring. This is really the only sort of thing that I can think of that will guarantee your time and place and let you involve a character. My problem is I'd like to arrange something ahead of time as I'm not going to be able to sneak off to Town Hall on my own. Who can I call to arrange this in advance?

Second, my girlfriend and I both would love to eat at the Blue Bayou purely for the environment. We've never eaten there as nothing on the menu is our kind of food. Who could I call to try and arrange some Rancho del Zocalo being brought over?

Third, I know the number to reserve balcony seating for Fantasmic! but how far in advance does this fill up? I'm not going to know when we're going until maybe two or three days before.

Thanks in advance for the help!

First: DL Main Switchboard: 714 781 4000

Second: Good luck. It seems insulting to restaurant A to bring food in from restaurant B. They may feel otherwise, though. Go for it.

Third: The Fairy Tale wddings office doesn't seem to have a separate phone number, but if you go to http://www.disneylandweddings.com, there is a contact board where you can get in touch with them for more information.

--t

hlbtimes2
05-05-2007, 10:25 PM
YOu might try contacting VIP services. You would probably have to book the VIP tour- 4 hours at $75 per hour- but they can pull some strings and help with things. And, it wouldn't have to happen during those 4 hours. For example, they can get you seats for fireworks or F! for the day of or the day after your tour. You could ride in the Lilly Belle car and do it there.

lofosho
05-06-2007, 01:57 AM
I know EXACTLY what you mean about blue bayou. I had never eaten there before, and always dreamed about going there for the ambiance. My bf wanted to take me there for my birthday dinner last month, so I called and made reservations. After I made the reservations, I looked at the menu, and was stressing about what to eat for a month! I am allergic to seafood, and I am not a big meat person. (i'll eat a turkey sandwich, but not a steak). The menu sucks because you just can't order a salad! :( The only vegetarian entree there has mushrooms, which, of course, I'm allergic too....

What I ended up doing was going early in the morning and talking to the hostess/manager to see what they could do for me. They knew it was my birthday, so they worked something out. They gave me an adult size portion of the kids Mac&Cheese (:D juvenille, i know!), and it came with all of the adult entree stuff like salad and bread. It wasnt the best food, but we were there for the ambiance, which was incredible. MAKE SURE you get there earlier than your reservation time to request a waterside table.

I agree that it would be very very tacky to ask about the bringing the food from rancho to the BB, but a better idea would be to have dinner at the rancho (sometimes they have mariachis/violinist people playing, call ahead and ask!) and then go over to the BB for desert. That way you can have a yummy dinner you'll enjoy, and still get to enjoy the awesome deserts at the BB and take your time and enjoy the ambiance! instead of paying $25 a person for food you really don't like.

Have a great day!!!!:D :D

covert
05-09-2007, 10:53 AM
I hadn't really considered it being insulting to the Blue Bayou as I think of it all as just part of Disneyland, but I guess that makes sense.

Ill definitly look into the VIP tour as it sounds like that will be the only way I can arrange this stuff on short notice.

Thanks for the tips everyone.

dawnid
05-09-2007, 05:01 PM
You might want to think about proposing on Storybook also. They can do a private boat if it is arranged ahead of time. When my daughter worked there they did this for a couple.

neverlander
05-09-2007, 05:52 PM
You might want to think about proposing on Storybook also. They can do a private boat if it is arranged ahead of time. When my daughter worked there they did this for a couple.
Great idea! That would be especially romantic at night. Did I read that it runs during the fireworks? Maybe the CM could even snap a picture of you two afterwards. And, if it is arranged, could the CM add something to the narration? Like a real storybook fantasy always ends with the prince marrying his true love. (Sigh...)

PanFan
05-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Storybook does not run during the fireworks, but I'm sure if the guide was prepared in advance, they would work something into the narration. I've given a private cruise on IASW to a couple who came back engaged (the guy worked it out with us in advance, but we didn't need as much notice as Storybook might). However you do it, tell us how it went! Have fun!!

covert
05-10-2007, 10:15 PM
For the actual proposal, more so than trying to get it on a ride I just want to get a character involved. We both absolutely love New Orleans Square and the "Courtyard of Angels" (area with the spiral staircase beside Pieces of Eight) is definitely the nicest and most private area there, so that is where I'll probably do it. Just about the only thing I haven't got planned out is how to have her there at a certain time so that a character can have a planned role.

If there were some way to get her there at a certain time and me an excuse to not be with her at that time (It'll just be us on the trip) then I'm sure I could arrange to take the back entrance of the gallery and come down the staircase into the courtyard. Maybe Pluto could have wandered in while I wasn't there and he could hand me the ring when I get to the bottom.

But then the mere presence of Pluto would mean a mob would come in with him. So either CMs would have to block off the courtyard (which would be pretty suspicious) or Pluto would have to have come down the stairs rather than me. And no masked character is going to be taking those stairs. Which severely limits the character choices.

That last paragraph is an example of the overthinking that has kept me from having figured this out anytime in the past seven months.

So I'm very open to suggestions.