PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink prices have gone up at Disneyland

Darkbeer
05-05-2007, 08:06 AM
Looks like they decided to raise prices across the board this week.

Popcorn went up 50 cents to $3.50 for a small container, the Popcorn buckets also went up 50 cents to $5.50

Alcoholic drinks also went up around a $1 a drink. A domestic beer is now $5.75 plus tax, which works to $6.20. Also the Lost Bar and the Cove Bar have recieved upgraded cocktails and new drink syrups.

Will check out other prices tomorrow, but based on what I have been told, it is pretty much everything at the park that has been increased.

disneyshoes
05-05-2007, 08:15 AM
Thank you so much for the update. I guess I need to look at our budget :)

Pirate Princess
05-05-2007, 09:01 AM
They couldn't wait a week and a half could they????
Grrrrr. :(

Thanks for the update! Would love to see an update of menu prices so I can budget a bit better.

TikiGeek
05-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Alcoholic drinks also went up around a $1 a drink. A domestic beer is now $5.75 plus tax, which works to $6.20. Ay Carumba! I'll have to go back to drinking the water from RoA! :D

hlbtimes2
05-05-2007, 09:22 AM
That was the popcorn price when we were there last weekend.

avalosn
05-05-2007, 09:46 AM
I don't get the popcorn that much, but I am very happy about the upgraded cocktails and new drink syrups. I'll pay whatever for a good drink.:fez:

zombie pirate
05-05-2007, 10:09 AM
Whats the price of a frozen bananna now?

MrsIncredible
05-05-2007, 12:07 PM
...but I am very happy about the upgraded cocktails and new drink syrups. I'll pay whatever for a good drink.:fez:
There is a really good one at Avalon Cove... I think it was called the Maliboomer with a little rum and banana liqueur--so yummy!

DisneyDustin22
05-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Nothin like $9 beer night at Disneyland. :rolleyes:

cstephens
05-05-2007, 04:07 PM

There's a really easy solution to that. Don't buy beer there.

disneyshoes
05-05-2007, 04:10 PM
I am curious if all the menus changed and if character dining went up too...

disneyshoes
05-05-2007, 04:11 PM

No kidding :eek: Hey- I love your photos!

avalosn
05-05-2007, 04:38 PM
There is a really good one at Avalon Cove... I think it was called the Maliboomer with a little rum and banana liqueur--so yummy!

I will have to check that out tomorrow!!! Sounds tasty!:)

Clotho
05-05-2007, 05:19 PM

Can you PM me some info about what lenses you use at DL and possibly any after-effects you applied? That is some gorgeous work, and I would love to learn more about what you do. :)

And are you using a monopod or a tripod to get those night shots and water shots?

gobears97
05-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Don't they get enough money with our admission? I guess they knoe they have a captive audience.

Clotho
05-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Don't they get enough money with our admission? I guess they knoe they have a captive audience.
*ding ding ding*

But as was discussed on a recent discussion of locker prices going up, I think we Americans underestimate how much oil prices affects EVERYTHING. We are SO dependent on fossil fuels, and so much of our industry relies on it, that we have had artificially low prices for many things in our part of the world thanks in part due to low oil costs. Everything gets from point A to point B using gas. Factories use oil and petroleum products in every corner of the business. When the oil prices go up, everything goes up. I would guess prices are going to go up in a lot of places we don't normally expect as a result. Be prepared for a change in the weather in the US...

potzbie
05-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Truly, I say, the original poster has brought us all some pretty dark beer news.
;)
... as opposed to "light beer" news?
:confused:

vegasmommytoDL
05-06-2007, 10:52 PM
On another note, on our trip (April 22-24) I was happy to see the $2.99 Mac N Cheese and Applesauce meals at the counter in the Princess area by Small World. For kids who are too excited to eat much it's a good deal. I wonder if any of the other places sell this meal. None that I have noticed.

Pirate Princess
05-06-2007, 11:48 PM
On another note, on our trip (April 22-24) I was happy to see the $2.99 Mac N Cheese and Applesauce meals at the counter in the Princess area by Small World. For kids who are too excited to eat much it's a good deal. I wonder if any of the other places sell this meal. None that I have noticed.

LOVE this!!! Thanks. Is there any other variation of this meal? (Like a PBJ and applesauce for $2.99?) Just curious b/c this is a MEAL that is cheaper than a churro!!!

renodlandlover
05-07-2007, 05:59 AM

Can you help me know where this "counter area" is, exactly? Great news!

AVP
05-07-2007, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the update! Would love to see an update of menu prices so I can budget a bit better.A quick note for Disneyland-area locals who might have missed this week's park update, we're planning a major update to the menu listings on MousePlanet:

A resort-wide price increase means it's time to update the menu information on the MousePlanet Web site, and we're looking for a few readers to help out. If you are available on Sunday, May 20 and would like to participate in a major update of the menu information, please e-mail Tony Phoenix at this link (http://www.mouseplanet.com/email.php?type=w&w=tp). The project should take just a few hours, and lunch will be provided at the Disneyland Resort.

If you are not available on this date but would be interested in participating in future projects, please contact Tony as well.
AVP

bloodnswash
05-07-2007, 08:00 AM
I'm here at the Resort right now, and yip, I noticed some of the price increases. I mentioned it to hubby just the other day. Thanks for letting me know that I am not imagining things :)

Pirate Princess
05-07-2007, 08:09 AM
A quick note for Disneyland-area locals who might have missed this week's park update, we're planning a major update to the menu listings on MousePlanet:

AVP

Thanks AVP and everyone who volunteers! (Wish I had the ability to pop in DL as I pleased.. I'm so jealous of all you locals)

Rteneyck
05-09-2007, 10:38 AM
LOVE this!!! Thanks. Is there any other variation of this meal? (Like a PBJ and applesauce for $2.99?) Just curious b/c this is a MEAL that is cheaper than a churro!!!

I always bring in my own uncrustables since those are the ones they use anyway. They have never said anything when they were in my backpack. A lot cheaper than 2.99 when you can buy a whole box...:)