PDA

View Full Version : 'Dream' day at the park!

Tinkermommy
05-03-2007, 10:18 PM
My daughter and I had the best day at Disneyland today! Not crowded; got our favorite seats on every single ride, walked on nearly every ride, perfect weather -- and not one person stepped on the back of my shoes!

We planned to have a corndog for lunch, but decided at the last minute to go to Plaza Inn. Good thing, because there were CM's standing on the porch who stopped us going in. We thought they were going to tell us it was closed or something, but instead, they told us we'd been picked for something special.

They took us to a table with "reserved" signs on it -- set for 8, which was hilarious since we were a party of two. We got table service complete with linen tablecloths and napkins; they gave us souvenir menus, brought my daughter balloons and gave us "honorary citizen" badges. They brought us refills and kept checking on us. They were so attentive we felt like princesses! It was a wonderful experience!

Here's the funny part: we'd seen dream squad CMs all over the place, and joked about following them to see where they went. I told my daughter that you couldn't force a "dream;" it just had to happen -- or not. Not five minutes later, we were on the front porch of the Plaza Inn getting star treatment. It truly was a magical moment!!

bloodnswash
05-04-2007, 07:17 AM
Very special indeed! Congratulations to you and your daughter :)

mw9955
05-04-2007, 07:45 AM
Wow! Your story gave me the biggest smile. :D

VWCat
05-04-2007, 09:37 AM
:) :) :)

yellowrosedtxn
05-04-2007, 10:26 AM
How cool and very magical! Wish me luck with the dream team on our next trip!

The Evil Queen
05-04-2007, 11:31 AM
:) :) That's the best!:) :)

seanutbutter
05-04-2007, 03:21 PM
If only every trip would be like that. To be honest, I've yet to experience something like that. I suppose that's what I get for visiting in the peak months, though.

BraMax
05-04-2007, 03:41 PM
That is just tooo cool. I bet your daughter was in heaven. I'm glad to hear that dreams do come true.

Lekta
05-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Sounds great!

So did they comp you a meal? If so, was it standard fair there or something special?

Maus
05-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Tinkermommy, I was at the park yesterday too! Would have liked to meet you and your VMK-playing daughter! So glad you had this dream happen.

We did not see any Dream Squad members in white vests yesterday--not one in either park! But you are right, it was a perfect day with perfect weather.