PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express [luggage options]

shocky5
05-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Hello Everybody!
We are planning our first family trip to WDW and we are excited! I feel prepared for everything "except" I cannot reach a decision about our luggage. It's really silly! :p

My question is "WHAT SHOULD WE DO???" :confused:

Let them deliver it to our room or pick it up from baggage claim ourselves and load it on the bus with us? We have 3 children, 9, 6, and 4, and I am undecided as to whether or not I want to juggle luggage and children at the same time...

Thanks in advance!

I don't know how to do the "ticker" but we leave in 31 days!!

GusMan
05-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Welcome to the boards!

Let DME take your luggage unless you are getting in real late. There is no need to juggle kids AND luggage if someone else is willing to juggle the luggage for you.

Ragrobyn
05-03-2007, 04:01 PM
The best part about Magic Express is the delivery part! We got in at 8:00 PM and our bags were in our room by 10PM. Hands down, the best part :)

shocky5
05-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Thanks! We arrive around 1:30 p.m. on a Sunday so you definitely think we'll have it that night?

Chicago Wookiee
05-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Shocky - Let DME do the work. It's like starting your park adventure early! We have used it a number of times and it always works great. Sometimes it's more like five or six hours but great still. You WILL have your bags Sunday before bed!

The best part about Magic Express is the delivery part! We got in at 8:00 PM and our bags were in our room by 10PM. Hands down, the best part :)

This prompts a question from me....

What is the latest you can get in and still get your bags that evening??? I'm always on the first flight of the day but my friend needs to work our first day of vacation so she is taking the last flight of the day that arrives at 8:30pm. I told her to take the DME and pack a carry-on for the Saturday stuff as I didn't think we would see her bags until Saturday after we were on the go.

GusMan
05-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Yes Shocky- that should not be a problem.
Your room may not be ready when you arrive but you will check in and get your park tickets. From there, you can just go to the parks. If you have any "carry on" items that you dont want to take with you to the parks, you can leave them with bell services and they will hold them for you.

ETA:

What is the latest you can get in and still get your bags that evening???
While someone can confirm, I think it is either 11 PM or Midnight. DME will still transport you to the resorts but your luggage may not get to your room till the morning. My take? Anything after a 8 PM arrival time and you might want to just pick up your luggage. Just make sure you do not use the DME tags.

bradk
05-03-2007, 04:22 PM
i'd use 11 as the cutoff. it's not a bad idea to have what you need for that evening and next day in carryon anyway as you never know when something could go wrong (airline issues, not necessarily dme issues).

although even at the cutoff time, if it's important, you can request it gets delivered anyway that night.

Wendi
05-03-2007, 08:57 PM
Definitely let DME handle your luggage. Pack what you will need for the day, night and the next day in carry-on just in case. I always think that we won't get all of our luggage, or it won't make it back home with us, but it magically appears wherever we go!!! It really is amazing.

mom22gls
05-04-2007, 06:35 AM
Let them deliver your bags. We've used the service several times, and have never had a problem. I suggest you pack swimsuits in your carry-on. When you get to the hotel, you will probably want some time to settle in, and the kids might want to swim, before you get your bags.

tjrj
05-04-2007, 06:48 AM
Even with the "pack light" admonishment from Mom-we are still taking more luggage than I thought. Let DME handle your bags! But-pack everything you'd need for 24 hours in your carryons. We've got swimsuits, pj's, jackets(it's supposed to rain:crying: ), as well as liquids in baggies. No need to handle more than you'd need to.

GusMan
05-04-2007, 06:58 AM
...as well as liquids in baggies.
Just remember TSA's limitation (http://www.tsa.gov/311/index.shtm) on liquids in carry-ons.

Lagush
05-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Does DME put the bags in your room even if you are not there?

bradk
05-04-2007, 12:06 PM
yes. and tip is included in the service. (so even if you are in the room when DME delivers, no need to tip).

Mtnthumper
05-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Let Magical Express do the work!! We have a (about to be) 3 year old and have used this.....Now I cant even imagine going to WDW w/o it! We are set to leave for our trip on Tuesday and we found out on just this last monday morning our Travel agent forgot to get us signed up for DME! :eek: Talk about panic! I was freaking out about having to juggle all the luggage and child and carry on's and diaper bag......(we did get register for DME now and we even recieved our DME luggage tags in time!) yay.... it is so much more relaxing to know that you can just get on the bus and go start to enjoy your Magical vacation w/o the hassle of luggage! Your luggage will just "magically" appear in your room, what more could you ask for :D Let them do the work and enjoy!