PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Pier Hotel? [Concierge service]

GeminiAngel
05-03-2007, 01:35 PM
We are thinking of staying there next Feb. (2008). How is Concierge service?

adriennek
05-03-2007, 02:05 PM
We are thinking of staying there next Feb. (2008). How is Concierge service?

Well one thing you should know - the conciege rooms are on the top two floors of the hotel - the lounge is on the 3rd floor. And the elevators can be frustratingly slow. On Saturday afternoon, we were trying to get a "Down" elevator. The same elevator came to our floor 2 times - on its way up. That's right - it went up, went down again without stopping on our floor, and then stopped a second time on its way back up. :rolleyes:

Adrienne

Andrew
05-03-2007, 02:27 PM
And the elevators can be frustratingly slow. On Saturday afternoon, we were trying to get a "Down" elevator. The same elevator came to our floor 2 times - on its way up. That's right - it went up, went down again without stopping on our floor, and then stopped a second time on its way back up. :rolleyes:
And the stairs don't go anywhere useful.

GeminiAngel
05-03-2007, 02:46 PM
And the stairs don't go anywhere useful.

I'm not climbing stairs on my vacation, up or down! How do you think I maintain my eh "curvy bod"? By exercise!

kranders
05-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Well one thing you should know - the conciege rooms are on the top two floors of the hotel - the lounge is on the 3rd floor. And the elevators can be frustratingly slow.
I agree with you about those fustrating elevators. I have gotten what they call the "cabana" rooms on the third floor as a conciere guest. They are the rooms that have a large patio and open onto the roof top pool. The conciere lounge is actually on the 2nd floor, you check in at thr lounge, too. They provide you with the lounge and a turndown service with treats. It's not much for what you pay for, but if it's worth it to feel special, it's kind of fun

vicbella2
05-03-2007, 03:46 PM
We did PPH concierge this past February and had a great experience. It was our 1st stay at PPH and our 1st concierge experience in any of the 3 DLR hotels. They upgraded us to a DCA view and it was wonderful seeing all the lights at Paradise Pier in the evening. We even got chocholate covered rice crispy treats our 1st night during turn down service. We checked in early (11am) and our room was ready. We avoided the long lines at front desk and went immediately to Becahcomber's lounge on the 2nd floor. There were cookies, chips, soft drinks, water, coffee and fruits. So we grabbed a few drinks & snacks and headed to our room. We stopped by the lounge on the way to the parks to grab a few more drinks. We were on the 2nd to the top floor and never had issues with the elevator. In fact our kids loved riding the glass elevator. Breakfast had pastries, cereals, fruits and in the evening they had chicken skewers, fruits, beer & wine. You could also rent dvds and borrow board games. We never found the time to do these. We always manage to spend at least 2-3 hours in the afternoon-early evening evening at the hotel to swim and relax. So concierge made sense for us. Plus it was also DS's 9th birthday. Besides the snacks & drinks accessible at the lounge we only used the cms at the lounge to make PS's for us. They were friendly and always asking if we needed anything else. Now we've stayed at GCH and DLH, but if you ask DH, he'll tell you that PPH concierge was his favorite hotel. If you plan on spending all your time at the parks, don't even bother with concierge since you won't get the most out of it.

GeminiAngel
05-03-2007, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the info. We figured after comming off our first trip to WDW, this was pretty cheap!!!

hlbtimes2
05-03-2007, 09:23 PM
We found we didnt spend enough time at the hotel to use most of the perks of conc. What we did use was nice, but we just didnt really find it to be worth the extra expense for our family. We also felt the walk from PP was a bit far. Unless they start a shuttle or tram from the hotel we probably wont stay there again.

GeminiAngel
05-04-2007, 04:43 AM
Very good point. I'm hardly in the room myself when we visit DLR.
At WDW we did alot of room time. The resort Port Orleans Riverside, was awesome!

bloodnswash
05-04-2007, 07:10 AM
LOL, the elevators in this hotel are awful! That was the only complaint we had when staying there (we used the stairs).

I haven't done concierge at this hotel but we did do it at the Grand Californian back in 2003. It was only ok, in our opinion. We didn't think it was worth the extra $.

kimi911
07-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Hi.

I'm curious, to hear about concierge level at Paradise Pier.

Is it worth it? Do they have a dedicated lounge or anything where you can pick up snacks all day?

Does anyone know of a website that has pictures of concierge lounges at PP and GCH? Thanks!

Infinitely
07-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Yes, there is a lounge. The all day snacks have been apples, oranges and bagged chips as well as soda and water. Evening snacks have varied, and been things like cheese platters, chips and salsa and mini burgers. Mornings have pastries and juice.

You can borrow board games and movies.

kimi911
07-16-2007, 07:01 PM
I also saw Disneyland lounge is in Sierra tower are all concierge rooms in the same tower?

Finally, again would really like to find some pictures of the lounges. Any available?

Is there seating in the lounges too, if you want to hang out a while?

Oh and like at PP are the concierge rooms all on high floors, or no?

Infinitely
07-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Oh yes, there is a sofa and arm chairs and a lot of tables and chairs, you can lounge there all day if you like, they also have a computer you may use. It is a nice place to sit and read. There is a television and they play Disney movies throughout the day

At PP not all of the concierge rooms are on the same level, in fact, there are a variety of rooms. We have had top-floor rooms and 3rd floor rooms that have sliding doors that open directly onto pool level, those are my FAVORITE rooms. The lounge itself is on the 2nd floor.

We have only ever been given a Sierra tower room at the Disneyland hotel, but we were not on the same level as the lounge, we had to go up to it, I don’t recall which floor we were on.

I did not take any pictures of the lounge, but I will on our next visit (September). I have never looked for any online, so I am not sure where you would find them.

adriennek
07-16-2007, 09:25 PM
The search function is your friend. (Corollary #1 to the Google Rule.)

I searched "Paradise Pier Concierge" with the "Search this forum" Feature from the Disneyland Resort forum index page.

There are two very recent threads on this topic:

Number 1 (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=69942&highlight=paradise+pier+concierge)

Number 2 (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=73853&highlight=paradise+pier+concierge)

There are also threads that came up about the other two on property hotels - or you could just search 'Concierge' to find recent threads.

Adrienne

kimi911
07-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Do all the concierge theme park view have a good view?

Last summer I stayed in a non-concierge, and it was the 3rd from top floor I think, and very far towards the south I guess, and the view of Paradise Pier was AMAZING! Do some rooms have worst views?

Thanks .

lala1486
08-24-2007, 09:49 PM
Uh oh - when I booked PP for this winter for a night (concierge AP rate) I was under the assumption that all concierge rooms had the perk of being theme park views. The person I booked from did not tell me that there was the option of booking theme park view, I just thought all concierge were theme park view! So should I call back and request theme park view? Or am I misunderstanding the previous posts?