PDA

View Full Version : Shorts Weather?

girlymommy
05-03-2007, 12:53 PM
Hi All,

I am new to Mouse Planet, and very excited that I've discovered this great resource.

I will be taking my family to Disneyland for the first time in a little less than 2 weeks, and I'm wondering how to pack. Is it shorts weather right now? Or should I pack both shorts and pants?

Thanks!
Kara

hlbtimes2
05-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Shorts during the day and pants at night. We just got back on Tuesday. It was very warm during the day- bring sun screen! Evenings got a bit cool. We all wore jackets or sweatshirts in the evening. DH and I wore our shorts in the evenings, but the kids needed pants.

futurecm21
05-03-2007, 02:32 PM
If you want my opinion, as a teen, its always shorts time.

The only weather I will not wear shorts in is snow.

But to truthfully answer your question, May in South Cal, is deffinately a good time to wear shorts.

futurecm21

newhdplayer
05-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Every day in SoCal is a shorts-weather day. I wear shorts (off-duty) all the time. The only time I won't is when it gets below 46.

girlymommy
05-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Thanks! I'll definitely pack both shorts and pants for everyone. I'm so excited! It's our first vacation in 2 years!

Bytebear
05-03-2007, 09:06 PM
I can usually survice in colder weather with shorts, but if I don't have a jacket, I will freeze. Pack jackets!

backsthepack
05-04-2007, 03:23 AM
I have learned that even in the warm summer pack everyone at least one pair of pants! We have been rained out too many times:)

Tinkermommy
05-04-2007, 05:25 AM
The weather has been crazy lately! We were at Disneyland yesterday (Thursday,) and had on pants that hit mid-calf; a cross between pants and shorts. It was warm when we arrived. By midafternoon the breeze kicked up and I had to go to the car for my sweater. By dusk, we were starting to get cold.

Bring sweaters!

bloodnswash
05-04-2007, 07:07 AM
ALWAYS bring at least a light weight jacket....no matter what time of the year it is.

TTFN92
05-04-2007, 07:13 AM
There is never a time that we go to DL that I don't pack both and bring at least a light jacket, even in the summer. And in the winter you can have really warm days where you want shorts. You always have to be prepared for everything when going to So. Cal.

Katran
05-04-2007, 07:13 AM
I have to say that it really depends on where you are visiting from. I live in the Phoenix area and no matter what time of year we go we always take some warm clothes. We have pictures of us at Disneyland in June and July wearing long pants and jackets! I have a very low tolerance for the cold, and to me at least the nights can get quite chilly there year-round. When you're coming from 115 degree temperatures, the 60's and 70's feel pretty chilly!

Now my husband on the other hand, he loves the cold and wears shorts year-round, even when it's in the 30's and 40's outside. So check various weather reports and consider your own comfort level when you pack.

avalosn
05-04-2007, 11:20 AM
If you want my opinion, as a teen, its always shorts time.

The only weather I will not wear shorts in is snow.

But to truthfully answer your question, May in South Cal, is deffinately a good time to wear shorts.

futurecm21

Hey, my aunt lives in Monument, CO and she says the same thing about wearing shorts in the snow! She will wear shorts in every type of weather except snow! That is crazy.

I'd say May is usually warmer towards the end of the month, the beginning to middle has it's off and on days. Like today, it's overcast and cool. As another poster said, it does depend on where you are from. If you are from cooler temp states, you may think it is warmer out here. But if you are from a warmer state, you might find it a bit cool.

It may be alright to wear shorts during the day because, even if it is overcast, the sun will usually break out towards noon. Plus the body heat from all the people in DL can make it warmer too. But definitely bring pants too, because you will definitely wear the pants at night, even in May.

I have lived here my whole life and, in May, I still wear light jackets at DL at night and jeans during the daytime. I don't usually break out the shorts until the June gloom passes.

acpalmer
05-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Hey, my aunt lives in Monument, CO...

Small World--I work (teacher) in Monument, CO, but I will not wear shorts in all kinds of weather, LOL, I save those for when it is HOT!

avalosn
05-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Small World--I work (teacher) in Monument, CO, but I will not wear shorts in all kinds of weather, LOL, I save those for when it is HOT!

Hey, cool. I have a teen cousin that goes to school, I think at Lewis Palmer and an aunt who works for the district.....I think it's the district, anyways. :p "It's a small world after all....."