PDA

View Full Version : Major Prize given out on April 30th?

miss bianca
05-03-2007, 12:29 PM
So the morning of April 30th we saw a little area in front of the castle blocked off and also down near the flag pole they had some cameras. Later, just prior to the 7:00PM parade, we saw (from the main street train station) a cast member holding a large fake check with the Year of a Million Dreams logo on it and it was made out to someone from San Jose. Unfortunately it didn't say what the prize was...anyone know what this was all about?

Thanks

june1st1997
05-03-2007, 12:32 PM
We saw some soccer team there too... we assumed the castle being closed because of them.

dying to know what was going on

AVP
05-03-2007, 12:36 PM
I don't think there is a major cash prize. Disney is branding a number of their donations this year with the YOAMD logo, so what you probably saw was a charity donation ceremony.

AVP

hlbtimes2
05-03-2007, 12:43 PM
I know that in the morning there was a camera crew working in front of the castle at opening time. The kids I could see were wearing tshirts with the logo of boys and girls club (at least I think that was the logo). I wonder if they presented them with a large donation? I dont think there are any cash prizes being given to guests.

miss bianca
05-03-2007, 12:44 PM
I don't think there is a major cash prize. Disney is branding a number of their donations this year with the YOAMD logo, so what you probably saw was a charity donation ceremony.

AVP

That's what I thought but it had someone's name and his city - no dollar amount. If disney is handing out donations to individuals - sign me up! ;)

I know they are not giving away cash prizes - but do they give a "fake check" for cruises, trips and other major prizes?

Mr.Abominable
05-04-2007, 01:01 AM
I thought I read that a local soccer team was doing a promotion in front of the castle that day, lessons or a clinic or something. We were there but did not pay attention to it.

biolabetty
05-04-2007, 11:11 AM
We heard them rehearsing during early entry that day. They were saying things like, now you will get a shirt from our group and I will say, blah, blah, blah. And make sure you can see the camera because it won't see you if you don't see it. It did appear to be a group of regular kids since they didn't seem to have a lot of tv knowledge. I didn't recognize any of the people who were running the show.

TheMur
05-04-2007, 01:05 PM
I was there Monday morning (discovering all my mistakes from MouseAdventure the day before) and they filmed something with the Chivas MLS team. The castle was blocked off until about 11:00 am when they were done with the ceremony/event.