PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Kennel

lordog
05-02-2007, 09:28 PM
I was wondering if anyone has personally taken their pet to stay at the Disneyland Kennel? I am a little leary about leaving my small dog in a cage all day, but the area hotels will only allow dogs if you are either with them at all times, or they stay in a kennel during the day. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this. Is the cage pretty large and what is the environment like? Our maltipoo is part of our family and would love for her to come with us, but don't want her to be miserable.

Thanks

Malcon10t
05-02-2007, 09:50 PM
I was wondering if anyone has personally taken their pet to stay at the Disneyland Kennel? I am a little leary about leaving my small dog in a cage all day, but the area hotels will only allow dogs if you are either with them at all times, or they stay in a kennel during the day. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this. Is the cage pretty large and what is the environment like? Our maltipoo is part of our family and would love for her to come with us, but don't want her to be miserable.

ThanksThe kennels are clean and well maintained. We have left the dogs there on occasion. You are correct that you cannot leave the dog unattended in the hotel room. If the dog begins barking and no one is there, they will call animal control.

The kennels will require your vaccination records, so be sure to bring a copy. The kennels are different sizes. The front has smaller kennels, whereas there are larger kennels towards the back. You will get to select the kennel. Get there early so you get a good spot. We prefer a corner away from other dogs. There is also a nice run area that you can bring the dog out to. Be aware all dogs share this area. They wil feed and water the dogs on yor written orders. They supply food if you want. You get a cute certificate after also. They will not touch your dog though or open the kennel. Also, your pup has in and out privs all day, so you can take a break from the park and pick up the dog for a walk around the tram area them back to the kennel and park. If your dog will only potty on grass, you can walk out past the tram area and there is a grass spot between the Lion King tram and the ART buses. But be nice and clean up. ART will not allow the dog on the buses without a crate, so you will either need to drive, walk, or crate the dog on the way to the park. Rumor is you can take the dog on the tram without a crate between the parking garage and the park, however I have seen someone denied.

Check when you make your reservations the pet policies of your hotel. Many require a "deposit", which implies you get it back, but it is a non-refundable deposit.

NorCalDisney
05-03-2007, 07:07 AM
I have used the kennels many times. Just a note--we treat our dog like a member of the family and will not kennel her most places (we usually pay for someone to dog-sit at home). The facility is kept clean and the staff are very nice. The 'exercise' area is not so big and although they keep it clean enough, we usually take our pup out for a walk along the trees that lead to the employee parking area, as there is some space over there. We are very careful not to let her 'go' anywhere public or to disturb cast members in that area.

At any rate, I think the kennels are plenty good enough.

Also, we have taken our dog (uncrated) on many a tram and never been bothered. We usually ride the tram from the parking lot over by the Hilton.

Park Freak
05-03-2007, 07:41 AM
I think that the kennels are nice. My suggestion would be to bring her blanket from home and maybe a toy or two so she will feel a little more at home. I have also taken my uncrated dog on the tram with no problem.

avalosn
05-03-2007, 08:04 AM
I kenneled my dog at the DL kennels and we didn't have any problems. The kennels we pretty clean and nice, the people were helpful as well.

Malcon10t
05-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Also, we have taken our dog (uncrated) on many a tram and never been bothered. We usually ride the tram from the parking lot over by the Hilton.Are you talking the Lion King Tram? Or the ART from the Hilton? We have ridden the trams, but 2 years ago, I did see a woman who was refused on the Mickey and Friends tram because of a dog and she walked. ART is a stickler about having a crate. We had one driver last trip (we always get 1 driver a trip) who refused our service dog because he claimed the dog had to be in a crate. We even had him call his dispatcher, who told him so we could all hear "If it is not a service dog, it must be in a crate, if it is a service dog it doesn't." He then tells my daughter "She said it has to be in the crate". EVERYONE on the bus was going NO, it doesn't. I had my daughter tell them to go on, and I called dispatch direct and she apologized over and over and dispatched a bus immediately to come straight to us and they took us straight to Disneyland (we beat the other bus.) She said she would explain and make sure we had no other problems.

BTW - Here is a lit of the pet friendly places near by and their charges, I made it about 2 mos ago:

Anabella Hotel - $100
Anaheim Marriot Hotel - No longer accepts pets
Anaheim Marriot Suites - $15
Anaheim Plaza Hotel & Suites - $10 per night, you will be in a smoking room
Anaheim Quality Inn Maingate - $25
Anaheim Travelodge - West Katella - $50 plus $10 a night
Anaheim TownePlace Suites by Marriott - $100 fee
Anaheim Sheraton - $25 per night
Clarion Hotel (Convention Way) - $25 Fee, plus $10 night, under 40 lbs
Candlewood Suites - $75 for under 6 nights, $150 for 8+ nights
Embassy Suites Hotel Anaheim--North Near DLR - no fee, 50 lbs max
Hilton Anaheim - No fee, max 50 lbs
La Quinta Inn and Suites - No fee, 35lb max
Lemon Tree Hotel - $25 fee
Red Roof Inn Anaheim-Maingate - Now Motel 6 - Free (All Motel 6s are free)
Residence Inn by Marriott Anaheim Maingate - $75
Residence Inn by Marriott Fullerton - $75
Residence Inn by Marriott Anaheim Resort (Garden Grove) - $75
Sheraton Park - Free 45 lbs max
Staybridge Suites by Holiday Inn--Anaheim Resort - $150 fee