PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain... Open?

Pages : [1] 2

crzy4splashmtn
05-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Okay who has been to the park today? If you go on the Disneyland website Splash Mtn. is no longer listed on the refurb list (at least it wasn't 5 min ago)
I will seriously freak out - in a good way if it is done early. I know it isnt supposed to re-open until the 18th but we will be there in 10 days and would love to take a ride on my favorite. I think someone is playing a cruel trick on me:crying:

bloodnswash
05-02-2007, 10:54 AM
After reading what you wrote I went to the DL website. We will be there this Saturday for 6 nights. You're right, Splash has been removed from the closure list. It says it will be open for our entire trip!

hlbtimes2
05-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Dont get too excited. They did that a couple times last week as well. You can't trust the Disney site. Its very normal for them to have things missing from the list, listed in the wrong park, wrong times, etc.

I was there yesterday and it was still down. It also wasnt posted on the "closed attraction" sign at the security check points during our visit. It was posted as closed, on the wait sign at the end of mainstreet.

bloodnswash
05-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Maybe they are working still working out the kinks. Sounds like it's been open but has had to close for whatever reasons. I don't know, but I will find out in 3 days :)

Wallad1075
05-02-2007, 11:32 AM
was at the park the other day. noticed Splash was NOT listed on the closure board at the checkpoints. once inside, it was closed. couldnt tell and didnt find out if it had been operating at all earlier. didnt look like it tho.

DizneyMommy
05-02-2007, 12:06 PM
I was at the park Monday (or maybe it was Sunday?) and made our regular trek back to Pooh. Splash looked no where near open, no water in it, no one working on it, would've thought it was shut down for good if I did not know any better. That day the scene you pass through on the Railroad was still dark too.

shna
05-02-2007, 02:35 PM
When we were at the park on Monday, I noticed that they had test logs going through -- so it looks like the ride is running but getting kinks worked out. They still had the wooden fence up around the whole thing.

bloodnswash
05-02-2007, 03:08 PM
I will gladly take a soft opening :)

disneyperson
05-02-2007, 03:23 PM
We'll be there this weekend. It doesn't matter much to me, but a friend we're meeting will be extremely happy if Splash is running. I'll keep my fingers crossed for his sake.

crrees
05-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Yesterday it was still closed - they were testing the ride mechanics with large white dummies as people and sending them down. Water was going through and I saw people working on it. I have pics that ill post later

kelli1rose
05-02-2007, 08:40 PM
We walked by that area today (Wednesday) and Splash Mountain is still boarded up. They were running the logs with weighted dummies, so hopefully it will reopen soon.

shna
05-02-2007, 08:42 PM
Don't some park guests count as "weighted dummies?" I'm just sayin'...

:) ;) :p

crzy4splashmtn
05-03-2007, 07:41 AM
Thanx everyone! That makes me a little hopeful that they are running the logs with test dummies. All I ask for is a soft opening of 2 days early. We leave the evening of the 16th and that would make a great end to our trip. Everyone cross your fingers for us!!! ....... although I'm sure we will have plenty of fun if it doesn't happen.

mousemom
05-10-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm planning a quickie trip for the 21-22 but may have to reschedule and thought of going Monday the 14th-15th. Then I remembered that I had cancelled that out because Splash would still be closed:( If anyone sees signs of them reopening early please let me know! Thanks:)

Lekta
05-10-2007, 12:36 PM
My fingers are crossed for you guys! I know we would be devastated if we didn't get to ride it. It has become our favorite ride!

DisneyWaldo
05-10-2007, 01:07 PM
My fingers are crossed for you guys! I know we would be devastated if we didn't get to ride it. It has become our favorite ride!

I don't want to ruin your trip however on Tuesday 5/8 it still was closed :confused:

Another Dimension
05-10-2007, 04:16 PM
Don't some park guests count as "weighted dummies?" I'm just sayin'...

:) ;) :p

You have some park Guests confused with Team Disney Anaheim.

Darkbeer
05-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Today (Thursday the 10th) Splash Mountain was closed and not running when I walked by in the afternoon. All the refurb walls have been taken down but the ride was closed, and no logs were going thru the ride.

Al Lutz has stated that it might open tomorrow, Friday the 11th. I would walk by and check, but on the other hand, not expect it to be open....

Baloo
05-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Splash mountain starts soft openings tomorrow even possibly today for a few hours. The attraction should be running this weekend unless something goes wrong.

Enjoy

mousemom
05-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Thanks! I'm hoping for the best! With some luck the laughing place is where I'll be!!

bloodnswash
05-10-2007, 09:34 PM
I was also there today, May 10. When I went by there were logs with the dummies running through. A SM cast member told us that it would probably be open tomorrow....Friday May 11. The cast member also told us that there was no chance of a soft opening today.....and there wasn't :crying:

ILovePoker
05-11-2007, 12:45 AM
Splash Mountain is still listed as closed on the Disneyland website. Soft openings for refurbishments don't exist.

mousemom
05-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Was Splash open today...anyone, anyone?

Darkbeer
05-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Rode Splash this evening.

It is still listed as closed on the entrance signs, and on the wait board. And the FP machines are turned off.

But the Stand By line was only about a 15 minute wait.

It seems like they are only running about 2/3'rds of the logs. Slow loading and no backup when you get to the unload area.

The ride is pretty much the same, no major changes except for Enhanced sound using new speakers. (And a big thumbs up for the improved sound).

You should find the ride open unless it breaks down for the rest of the week before it officially reopens.

silence
05-11-2007, 10:13 PM
it did open later than the rest of the park though. when we went over at 10am it was not open so it was a pleasant surprise to find it running at 8pm tonight.

the cm working the ride said it isn't on the "schedule" so to check back to see if it will be running with fast pass tomorrow