PDA

View Full Version : Rethinking Disneyland Trip

jaymesmom617
05-02-2007, 10:01 AM
So, I was looking at the WDW website and say they have free dining this fall. After comparing prices it is almost cheaper to go to WDW than DL this fall. I know that we will still go to DL b/c of a football game my husband wants to see but, maybe we will scale back our DL trip so we can go to WDW also? I grew up in the south so, we went to WDW when I was a kid. My first trip to DL was when I was 15. I love DL and the special magic it has but, I would love to show my kids WDW (we live in the west now.) I guess the big thing would be convincing my husband to take two trips in a month ! :eek: Overall we would be spend a lot more money but, I think it would worth it! What do you think? I need encouragement/downfalls so I can talk to my husband!!

Clotho
05-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Two trips in the same month? Yikes! Not sure I would do that, either!

And I am having a hard time imagining that what you would save on free dining wouldn't end up costing you more in hotel (rack rate) plus flights out there.

Have you done all the math yet? What did you find out?

limace
05-02-2007, 01:48 PM
I was reading lots about this on the other board, and two things stuck with me:
-They have apparently been repeating the free dining promotion every September, so in all likelihood you could catch it again next year if you waited.
-September is hurricane season in Orlando, which is why they discount that time period so deeply.

I'd personally pick one or the other, as much as I love Disney. I'm OK pulling my kids out of school to travel, but wouldn't do it twice in a month (not sure if your kids are school age). Maybe DH can hit the game himself, then you can all go to WDW, if you really want to take advantage of the dining deal?

Jodi
05-02-2007, 08:11 PM
I say, if you can pull it off, why not do both!:D
We did the free dining plan last year for our first family trip to WDW, and we loved it, and are going back this year. You'll never eat that good at DL. (and you save A LOT of $ on food!)
One warning though, if you want to go to WDW at that time, book soon. They say you can book until June, I believe, but there are a limited number of packages available, and when I called to reserve about 3 weeks ago, we could not get the resort we wanted (or 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice!) and we had to juggle to get ADRs at the places we wanted.

Good luck to you, and whatever you do, I'm sure you'll have fun. (How can you not, whichever you choose, you get Disney!:D )

kimc0486
05-03-2007, 11:46 AM
At what time does the free food thing begin? I was thinking about a WDW trip fall of 05, but it didn't happen but I remembered about the free food. Does this happen every fall in WDW? If so, when?