PDA

View Full Version : Types of Mickey Ears?

santoanderson
05-02-2007, 08:26 AM
Hey all,
I've been racking my brain thinking of souvenirs to bring home for friends and family. Everyone would receive the same thing so nobody feels left out, and I got to wondering, are there "theme" Mickey Ears? Meaning, I have a friend who loves Indiana Jones, but already has a couple Indy fedoras. Are there Indiana Jones mickey ears, IE, a hat with two ears coming out either side? Any other themed mouse ears that anyone can think of?

bloodnswash
05-02-2007, 08:39 AM
No Indy ears that I know of. Last "themed" ears I really know of are the Pirate Mickey Ears and Pirate Princess Minnie ears. There are lots of other ears available, but at the moment these are the most "themed" ones I can think of.

Vegitabeta
05-02-2007, 08:39 AM
Never seen Indy ears, tho' really, you could make some! I do know that there are Pirates Mickey Ears that are very cool:)

Tinker Bell
05-02-2007, 08:41 AM
no indy sry, but there are pirates , princess, the reg black,the light up dreams one. that is all i can think of right now.

santoanderson
05-02-2007, 09:34 AM
Wow, great fast responses guys. I may end up getting a couple pirate ones then. I'm probably looking at getting things for ten people, & then maybe on my third/fourth day in the park 2-daying them home. I'm really wanting to experiment with the package service offered in the parks.

I recall back in 2002, my Mom bought about 300 bucks worth of souvenirs, without telling anybody. When we got back to the room at the PP, it was all waiting there, like X-mas morning. Unfortunately they were all sweaters and t-shirts, mostly for coworkers. Boy, did my dad almost have a heart attack that day. He almost refused to let her out of his sight for the rest of the trip.

CariBelle
05-02-2007, 09:38 AM
There are a few other ears too, the ones I can think of right now are Jack Skellington and a leopard print pair. The youth sizes (comes in red, blue, and black- not to mention the light up pair!) also usually fit an adult size head (or at least mine haha)

Edit to say- there are a tinkerbell pair also!

bloodnswash
05-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Do they still have the ears (I think for kids. Yes, they fit my head too, lol) that have Donald on one ear, and Pluto on the other? Or is it Goofy? They are done in bright red, blue, and yellow I do believe.

kennythepirate
05-02-2007, 10:35 AM
I really wanted some bellhop Mickey ears and couldn't find anything except Stitch. So I made my own. I took a Groom Mickey Hat and cut it down. Used Red and Gold ribbon with hot glue gun. Moved the ears up. Added some of my favorite pins and boom Bellhop Mickey Ears. Even had a Disney Exec stop me and tell me they should market them. He asked if he could snap a photo, I said 'sure' and he took my kids over to a little stand and got them any one item they wanted.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o23/kennygman77/Disney%20Holiday%20Trip%202006/100_9536.jpg

I heart Disney
05-02-2007, 10:46 AM
I loved the Halloween mickey ears they had last year. When I got to DLR they were all sold out. I hope they bring them back this year.

bloodnswash
05-02-2007, 10:51 AM
I loved the Halloween mickey ears they had last year. When I got to DLR they were all sold out. I hope they bring them back this year.

The pumpkin ones? They also had some themed specifically for St. Patrick's Day last year (I don't know about this year).

lofosho
05-02-2007, 11:32 AM
You could totally make Indy ears! I am seriously considering doing this now. The fedora they sell at the park is quite expensive, but if you're willing to spring for it and a pair of ears, all you have to do is remove the ears from the mouse hat and refasten them on to the fedora.:D

lofosho
05-02-2007, 11:34 AM
But if you're looking for a gift that is all the same, yet personalized, why not try disney pins?

I love disney pins because I can get them for all of my favorite rides. You could get everyone a different pin of the things they like the best (indy, potc, princesses), and no one would feel left out because they're all pins!

CariBelle
05-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Do they still have the ears (I think for kids. Yes, they fit my head too, lol) that have Donald on one ear, and Pluto on the other? Or is it Goofy? They are done in bright red, blue, and yellow I do believe.

I can't remember if I saw those last week or not.

santoanderson
05-02-2007, 11:48 AM
I've tried getting into pin-trading before, but none of my family members really get it. They kind of hold it to that same level as beanie-babies. My mom wants me to overnight a dole-whip to her, and my dad wants a Disney themed neck tie.... I told them no, and that I'd find something really cool and unconventional to send.

CharmingsWoman
05-02-2007, 12:10 PM
If you decide to do the Mickey Ears, you can have them Monogram it with each person's name, and that would make it special. Last time I was there, it was free to personalize it, and they also have a litt;e red bow that you can place to make a Mickey to a Minnie!

Have fun on your trip, isn't it soon?

Malcon10t
05-02-2007, 02:34 PM
no indy sry, but there are pirates , princess, the reg black,the light up dreams one. that is all i can think of right now.

And the ones in my avatar!!!

shna
05-02-2007, 02:38 PM
We got the little flower & bow attached to our Minnie Ears. The CM said she had only seen people do that to Mickey Ears to make them into Minnie Ears. After seeing plain Minnie Ears in the park this weekend, I'm extra-glad that we got ours dolled up a little bit. They look so cute with the flower & bow!