PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim Hotels / Motels.

Exitx
05-01-2007, 10:48 PM
Has anyone stayed at the Super 8 Motel on Katella Anaheim during one of their trips to Disneyland?

I was just there from April 19th - April 26th 2007. And had a very poor experience. Our shower did not work, Motel staff tried to enter our room despite the "do not disturb" sign on our door, and we had items stolen out of our motel room. Has anyone stayed at this motel and had a similar experience?

Also, we are planning another trip to Disneyland soon, I figured that the Hotel was just a place to sleep while not at the park. What are some really good Hotel / Motels around the area with reasonable price? Any info would be great! Thanks!

backsthepack
05-02-2007, 04:33 AM
Sorry, haven't stayed there. I did stay at the Motel 8 on Disney way and it was awful! Never again.

Check out the review section here. There are some great reviews. Lately we have been staying at the Park Vue Inn right at the entrance to the parks. Our kid really likes it there, they have bunk beds! :rolleyes: Anyway, it isn't fancy, but it is clean and about as close as you can get to the parks.

Malcon10t
05-02-2007, 05:23 AM
We like Hojos, Camelot Inn, Carousel Inn, Park Vue Inn, and the Desert Inn. Anabella is great. Our favorite is Residence Inn on Clementine.

stan4d_steph
05-02-2007, 06:34 AM
Have you looked at our User Reviews database (http://www.mouseplanet.com/reviews)? If not, you should. :)

Klutch
05-02-2007, 09:49 AM
DW and I are fans of the Candy Cane Inn. Its only drawback would be the rather small size of the rooms and no suites. Otherwise, it's a very nice little motel with very nice landscaping and a pretty decent free breakfast.

Many people also rave about the nearby Howard Johnson's. Based on all the positive HoJo comments I saw here on MP, I recommended that hotel to a coworker a few years ago. His whole family thoroughly enjoyed their stay.

I'm really steamed by recent reports of hotel room theft. That is absolutely, positively inexcusable. If anything of mine was ever taken from a hotel room, I'd be furious. I'd call the police just to get a report and then hire a lawyer.

Drince88
05-02-2007, 09:55 AM
Have you looked at our User Reviews database (http://www.mouseplanet.com/reviews)? If not, you should. :)
And to the OP - if you haven't already, adding your experiences to the database!

annabelsgmom
05-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Our best deals are thur Priceline "Name your own price" we have stayed at the Double Tree by the block, the Hilton and the Hyatt and few others 3 stars for $50 + tax = 63+ change, some hotels charge for parking some do not, Hyatt and double tree have free shuttles. We've gotten that price months in advance, a week in advance and even the night before, usually for a Saturday night but we have also done 5 nights.;)

I heart Disney
05-02-2007, 11:59 AM
We like the Fairfield Inn across the street on Harbor and we also stayed at Townplace suites. You have to take a shuttle from the Townplace but it was nice.

AlbertaMinnie
05-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Has anyone stayed at the Super 8 Motel on Katella Anaheim during one of their trips to Disneyland?

I was just there from April 19th - April 26th 2007. And had a very poor experience. Our shower did not work, Motel staff tried to enter our room despite the "do not disturb" sign on our door, and we had items stolen out of our motel room. Has anyone stayed at this motel and had a similar experience?

Also, we are planning another trip to Disneyland soon, I figured that the Hotel was just a place to sleep while not at the park. What are some really good Hotel / Motels around the area with reasonable price? Any info would be great! Thanks!

Yes, we stayed there about 10 years ago and had a TERRIBLE experience! It was disgusting...and their 'continental breakfast' was a box of donuts served out of the trunk of a car in the middle of the parking lot!

We really like the Carousel....ask for the Entertainment Book rates, and we are trying the Park Vue this summer. Fairfield is ok too.

Good Luck!

TinaMouse
05-02-2007, 04:40 PM
It was disgusting...and their 'continental breakfast' was a box of donuts served out of the trunk of a car in the middle of the parking lot!

Good Luck!

Oh my gosh! I just spit out Diet Coke all over my laptop screen!!! That's horrible, but very funny!

Exitx
05-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the link to the reviews, I have been reading on this site for months and never saw that! Its funny though because all the reviews of that hotel were a much better experience than we had!

The breakfast that AlbertaMinnie mentioned... its EXACTLY the same except they serve it in a room by the lobby. Its juice and donuts, if you try to take more than one donut you got your hand slapped by the staff member.

Leap for Joy
05-02-2007, 06:29 PM
We like Anaheim Plaza (http://anaheimplazahotel.com/). It's an older property, but it's fine. The staff are very nice and the breakfast buffet is good. I think the walking distance is just a little shorter than the Hojo's.

CharmingsWoman
05-02-2007, 06:39 PM
It used to be the Penny Sleeper when my fiance and his mom would stay there and it recently went through a remodel and changed it's name. it's about a eight minute walk to the park, behind Mimi's on Manchester. They've got big rooms for decent prices and you can see Matterhorn from the parking lot. Good luck!

KDCartoons
05-02-2007, 08:12 PM
My family stayed at the Super-8 on Katella in late August of last year and I have mixed feelings about it.
It came reccomended by our travel agent--has she had a client who stayed there and had a great time.
The rate was good and the staff were great to us, but the room MIGHT have made me and my wife sick.
I thought there was some mold on the AC unit in the room and within a day of staying in there I had a "cold". My wife later got sick.
Mind you, I was coming off a stressful job immediately prior to our vacation and the release from work may have been my sick-trigger.
I was the one sleeping closest to the AC unit too, so..........oh, I dunno....

Other than that, the room was clean, and the rest of the facilities amenable. The continental breakfast offered now has a room need the motel office and its still little more than donuts or toast, coffee and juice. Basically enough calories to get you to the parks or someplace else for a proper brekkie.
The distance to the parks was fine too, being an "Anahiem"-sized block and a half away.
Even after a full day in the parks, the walk back to the room wasn't bad.
The 711 at the corner of Harbor and Katella was handy, and the other places on the opposite corner looked at least serviceable. The pizza place right on the corner was good.

Walking past the Candy Cane Inn kind of set me on that place for our next visit though, and I'm lukewarm about going back to the Super-8 again.
If there were no better deals around, I'd go back to it, but I'd like to spend a bit more and see if something better can be had.

shna
05-02-2007, 08:40 PM
My husband and I have stayed in the Park Vue Inn twice now (this past weekend was the 2nd time). They're reasonably priced, clean, comfortable, and as close as can be to the parks. My only "complaint" is that they don't have ESPN -- but for the amount we save by staying there, I'll live without Sportscenter. There's a Denny's nearby, and an IHOP right next door. Tony Roma's is just a few buildings away, as is McDonald's.

We stayed at the Residence Inn when we took my Mom and our daughter. That place was very nice. It's more pricy, but we'll probably stay there again when we take the whole family to DLR.

mad4mky
05-03-2007, 09:34 AM
The last 4 times we have been to DLR, we have stayed at The Hyatt Regency in Garden Grove. :)

Nice place~plush beds.

The Doubletree is very nice as well. :)

They both have their own shuttle. No ART to fuss with.

You can get a verygood price via discount web sites, depending on the time of year/week you go. I got both at very low costs in comparison to even some motels in the same vicinity.

mad4mky
05-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Oops...double post here.
I seem to have a history of this lately...:-(

hlbtimes2
05-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Walking past the Candy Cane Inn kind of set me on that place for our next visit though, and I'm lukewarm about going back to the Super-8 again.
If there were no better deals around, I'd go back to it, but I'd like to spend a bit more and see if something better can be had.

CCI is a great little motel. I just got back on Tuesday from my 3rd stay in the last year or so. We really like it there.

Katran
05-04-2007, 07:43 AM

I stayed there about 4 years ago and didn't have any problems.

More recently I've stayed at the Parkside Inn and Suites, and I had a good experience with them but they get VERY mixed reviews. The majority of their reviews on Expedia.com are negative (around 65% if I remember right), but a few, like me, had very good experiences. And it's one of the cheapest hotels within walking distance to Disneyland (usually THE cheapest). I personally would definitely stay there again, but all I want from a hotel is a place to sleep, shower and store my luggage.