PDA

View Full Version : HM Fantasmic seating

blusilva
06-15-2002, 01:50 PM
Splurged last night on the new (it is new isn't it?) preferred seating near the Haunted Mansion. It was worth the $40 as a "special occasion" splurge. The view is great, the chairs are comfortable, the service was excellent (great job Cast Members!) and the dessert box was packed with a wide variety of yummy goodies. I was pleasantly surprised that the dessert box is a nice collectible - a purple satiny top with a gold colored embossed "Fantasmic!" plate on it and a sturdy vinylish black bottom. I'll be able to keep Disneyland doodads in it for years. I was sort of expecting a plain old bakery box of some sort, but this was a nice detail.

I wouldn't do it every time I visit, but as a once or twice a year treat, sure!

Rallymonkey23
06-15-2002, 02:25 PM
Yeah, we walked by the area and saw all them boxes piled up. They looked very nice!

Ace
06-15-2002, 02:54 PM
what's the price difference between this and the balcony over NOS?

SpaceMTJunkie
06-15-2002, 03:31 PM
Balcony seating is $41.

Ace
06-15-2002, 04:08 PM
isn't that a much better deal?

Rallymonkey23
06-15-2002, 04:16 PM
It depends on how you look at it. The balcony seating you get all you can eat desserts and a great view.

The reserved seating you get a lovely box filled with goodies (as noted in an above post) and a great view. Don't they serve hot chocolate or something at both spots too?

blusilva
06-15-2002, 06:57 PM
Well, the balcony seating was all sold out by the time we got there to make reservations, so we got what we could. :)

I know they were serving coffee, soda and water, but I don't know about hot chocolate. I did see someone with a Mickey-head frosted glass of what looked like ice cream, but I overheard the CM telling someone else that was a special order item. Not really sure what that was all about.

I was happy with my box of goodies and diet coke!

Ace
06-15-2002, 07:12 PM
augh, that's so expensive! I'm going in August with 3 other people and I HIGHLY doubt my parents will pay the extra $120 (doubling the entrance cost) for this...

Sophie832
06-15-2002, 07:34 PM
Just to clear one point up: this seating is not new, it started last season.

Also, I heard they stopped having all-you-can-eat desserts up on the balcony, and they just give you a dessert box like the other seating.

Not Afraid
06-15-2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Sophie832
Just to clear one point up: this seating is not new, it started last season.

Also, I heard they stopped having all-you-can-eat desserts up on the balcony, and they just give you a dessert box like the other seating.

I asked the gallery staff about the dessert fare on the balcony the other night. It is still a buffet like in the olden days (ie: last year);)

wonderful
06-15-2002, 08:05 PM
I am glad you posted this because I think it is a very nice set up and there is a great benefit of having the extra seats as the balcony could only seat 21 per show...
The price may seem a bit steep, but that's what you might pay for just about any "special" experience... That's sorta what make them special, like gondola rides in Venice (or Long Beach), or horse drawn carriages, and gospel brunches, etc.
I wouldn't do it with a family-- it's definately a friends or couples type thing...
By the way, the Electrical Parade viewing is also very nice... a little different, but you get WINE! Remember folks, if you're gonna order another glass, always order the bottle-- it's ALWAYS a better value.

Sophie832
06-15-2002, 08:20 PM
Good to hear it's back to buffet style :)

I think it's nice they have a couple of options for those who want to spend the money and have a leisurely and fun time at Fantasmic.