PDA

View Full Version : I Need Something To Protect My Maps... [daily park guides]

Pages : [1] 2

Doug
05-01-2007, 02:19 PM
You know, the maps you get of the park, the cover changes all the time, and I like to take home 2 copies every time they change, but, since I carry them in a soft bag, it's easy for them to get damaged, does anyone know of something I can use to carry 2 maps in, that is just barely bigger (wider/thicker) than the maps themselves, and also rigid, to protect them on the way home/in the park (in my bag)? Thanks!

Doug

tink's mom
05-01-2007, 02:46 PM
How about those travel size baby wipes containers, would they fit in there?

Tinkermommy
05-01-2007, 02:49 PM
I've used a gallon sized freezer baggie and put it in an outside pocket of my Disneyland bag. You could always cut a piece of cardboard to put in with it.

Doug
05-01-2007, 02:54 PM
Never seen them, do you have one you can measure for me (inside dimensions), thanks!

How about those travel size baby wipes containers, would they fit in there?

AlbertaMinnie
05-01-2007, 02:58 PM
I always keep a couple as well...but I go to a Guest Services building in the esplanade on a day I am NOT in one of the parks and they gladly give me whatever I ask for and that way I can ensure they do not get damaged. I've never looked for them at night, but could you get one on your way out of the park at night?

tink's mom
05-01-2007, 03:06 PM
I don't know if they differ by brand, but I think the Huggies container is about 8 inches by 4 and a half inches.

bloodnswash
05-01-2007, 03:11 PM
For that kind of stuff I always used the kid lunch boxes that DL had with the kids meals. Unfortunately, the last time I was at the park they stopped using them.

Doug
05-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Oh yeah, you can usually get them on the way out... you might need to ask for them though....

I always keep a couple as well...but I go to a Guest Services building in the esplanade on a day I am NOT in one of the parks and they gladly give me whatever I ask for and that way I can ensure they do not get damaged. I've never looked for them at night, but could you get one on your way out of the park at night?

Doug
05-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Ok, sounds like I need to stp by Target on the way home....

I don't know if they differ by brand, but I think the Huggies container is about 8 inches by 4 and a half inches.

Bytebear
05-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Go to the post office and buy a thick padded envelope that fits your size. It should cost you about $2.

Doug
05-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Could someone please measure one of the maps closed, I can't do so at the moment, thanks!

Tinkermommy
05-01-2007, 04:37 PM
9 in. by 4 in.

Doug
05-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Ok, 9x4, anyone has something that will hold this 9x4" guide?

AVP
05-01-2007, 05:32 PM
What about a rigid photo mailer envelope?

The Tokyo Disney Resort SELLS a holder, like a photo album, sized especially for the park maps. It has slip-in pockets for 6 or so maps. They are SO COOL! I bought some when we were in Tokyo earlier this year. I showed them to some merchandise people at Disneyland and suggested they offer them here - they all looked at me like I was nuts. :rolleyes:

AVP

backsthepack
05-01-2007, 05:37 PM
I always purchase a scrapbook while there and save all of my daily maps and other goodies inside of it for the trip home.

Doug
05-01-2007, 06:50 PM
Have a pic? Are the maps at all the parks the same size?

The Tokyo Disney Resort SELLS a holder, like a photo album, sized especially for the park maps. It has slip-in pockets for 6 or so maps. They are SO COOL! I bought some when we were in Tokyo earlier this year. I showed them to some merchandise people at Disneyland and suggested they offer them here - they all looked at me like I was nuts. :rolleyes:

AVP

Exitx
05-01-2007, 10:13 PM

AVP

This is something that is VERY common for Japan.

Leofoenget
05-02-2007, 07:55 AM
You know, the maps you get of the park, the cover changes all the time, and I like to take home 2 copies every time they change, but, since I carry them in a soft bag, it's easy for them to get damaged, does anyone know of something I can use to carry 2 maps in, that is just barely bigger (wider/thicker) than the maps themselves, and also rigid, to protect them on the way home/in the park (in my bag)? Thanks!

Doug

I thirift shop. I like to pick up travel wallets that one would take on an airplane.

For lack of anything better to do this morning, I went to my car and got the map we got from Great America the other day. I assume all those map type things are about the same size. It slips right in nicely to my travel wallet and would protect it quite well. I suggest going to a thrift shop and looking around in the wallet/luggage area and try to get one. Think I paid in the area of $2.

Leofoenget
05-02-2007, 07:59 AM
Ok quick update: I measured my map and it is also 9x4

Park Freak
05-02-2007, 08:42 AM

AVP

So, do you (or anybody else) know if there is any way to purchase these here, online or something? I would LOVE to get my hands on a couple of these, but I don't see a trip to Tokyo any time soon. :crying:

evrythngwmn
05-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Maybe it's just the Girl Scout in me but I'm thinking two cereal box panels cut to 9.5 x 4.5 and some duct tape to create a sleeve. Guess maybe that's just me the crafty recycler.

Drince88
05-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Maybe it's just the Girl Scout in me but I'm thinking two cereal box panels cut to 9.5 x 4.5 and some duct tape to create a sleeve. Guess maybe that's just me the crafty recycler.

With some pretty contact paper, plus a couple of brads and some string to 'close' the opening?

sjcivilady
05-02-2007, 11:59 AM
I try to grab one on my way out of the park, sometimes, when I want a nice new one. You could also make a holder by cutting down a manilla folder. I got a really nice document holder on my princess cruise last summer. Maybe a travel agency would have some extra document holders? :)

Doug
05-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Well, I would like something as rigid, and manufacturer as possible, but the cut down manila folder sounds like it might work, cut in half, folder, perhaps, hmm.... but a nice clear plastic holder, would be best.... that snaps closed (like one of those flat pill holders, you know?)...

evrythngwmn
05-02-2007, 07:42 PM
With some pretty contact paper, plus a couple of brads and some string to 'close' the opening?

ooh, even better Drince. We're so crafty.;)