PDA

View Full Version : What is next hope for new entertainment/show in Disneyland?

b52hbuff
05-01-2007, 10:07 AM
Ah the glory days when we had shows at the FLT (Pocahontas), TLT (don't recall) and Festival of Fools. Now TLT generates cash via the Jedi Training and FLT does the same thing with a Princess flair. Festival of Fools is just a corporate picnic area.

So what are folks hearing about when and where a new show might actually make it's way into Disneyland?

I have a hard time envisioning TDA changing out something that generates revenue for something that has entertainment value, but perhaps at some point, opinions will change?

Wallad1075
05-01-2007, 11:27 AM
If I remember correctly, I think I read something somewhere about a laser/light/pyrotechnics show being designed for the lagoon at DCA. Similar to Illuminations at Epcot, just on a much smaller scale and a whole new show.

Anyone confirm that?

bloodnswash
05-01-2007, 11:47 AM
If I remember correctly, I think I read something somewhere about a laser/light/pyrotechnics show being designed for the lagoon at DCA. Similar to Illuminations at Epcot, just on a much smaller scale and a whole new show.

Anyone confirm that?

Can't confirm it but I too read about this.....at a different Disney online sight.

oregontraveler
05-01-2007, 11:51 AM
I believe Al Lutz had the details at MiceAge. The DCA lagoon show is called
Disney's Wonderful World of Color (going off memory here) and that's about all I know, no timeline, or show effects.

bloodnswash
05-01-2007, 12:19 PM
I believe Al Lutz had the details at MiceAge. The DCA lagoon show is called
Disney's Wonderful World of Color (going off memory here) and that's about all I know, no timeline, or show effects.

Yip, that's where I read it :)

someimagination
05-01-2007, 11:26 PM
There's rumor going around that they'd like to change the PFF into a full on theatre [much like the hyperion at DCA] so they can have the ability to put on stage productions from the other parks... then again, maybe this is just wishfull thinking on behalf of the stage managers at the PFF :D

The old man
05-02-2007, 07:45 AM
...Now TLT generates cash via the Jedi Training ...

Do they charge money for this? I thought it was in a free area.

oregontraveler
05-02-2007, 07:48 AM
I beleive the show is free but just like the Princess Fantasy Faire, there are
plenty of chances to buy Jedi souveniers etc.

bloodnswash
05-02-2007, 07:58 AM
Do they charge money for this? I thought it was in a free area.

To watch the show is free. And it's a great show!