PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express Transfer luggage tags

Mtnthumper
05-01-2007, 10:38 AM
:eek:
We are leaving on Tuesday for our trip to WDW and just found out yesterday that there was a mistake made and we were not booked for the Magical Express Transfers. They now have us all secured and booked for the transfers BUT we wont recieve our Magical Express Luggage Tags in time for our trip. The Disney reservations person I spoke w/ said that they book people for the transfers all the time under 14 days when they cant get the luggage tags to them. He said not to worry, we just need to take our baggage claim tickets to the Disney Magical Express counter at MCO and they will take Care of everything. I am still a little bit nervous though about losing our luggage in the shuffle of everything. Anyone used the Magical Express w/o getting the luggage tags? Please help ease my mind!

Drince88
05-01-2007, 10:44 AM
I've never checked a bag going to WDW since DME started, but I have heard of people doing what you had described.

If you're REALLY concerned, you can collect your bags yourself and THEN go check in for DME, and have the driver load them onto the bus with you. The downside is YOU have to schlep them around.

Mtnthumper
05-01-2007, 10:48 AM
I know and the whole reason why we LOVE LOVE LOVE DME is because we have a 2 1/2 year old and the two carry on's and stroller that come w/ keeping him happy on the flight. Since DME came around it's never been an option to NOT have the DME transfers!

GusMan
05-01-2007, 11:00 AM
I've never checked a bag going to WDW since DME started, but I have heard of people doing what you had described.

If you're REALLY concerned, you can collect your bags yourself and THEN go check in for DME, and have the driver load them onto the bus with you. The downside is YOU have to schlep them around.
What she said.
To add to this... you can have the resort hotel store your luggage if your room is not ready. Then you dont have to worry about them while at the parks.

Chicago Wookiee
05-01-2007, 11:21 AM
We have used DME a few times. Twice we did not receive the DME luggage tags in advance of our leaving Chicago and just gave them our luggage claims from the airline with no problem at all.

You should have no worries about your transfer - all should go well.