PDA

View Full Version : Letters to Disney to Return Cosmic Waves to its Origional Glory

Pages : [1] 2 3

Techie7
06-15-2002, 10:39 AM
Fellow MousePaders. I have been shocked and slightly traumatized by the loss of one of the great imagineering attractions of 1998. I know that we all have followed closely the troubles that have plagued the 1998 makeover of "that side of the park." But to get rid of Cosmic Waves as an attraction is wrong. The S.S. Rustworthy is an attraction as is Tarzan's Treehouse why not Cosmic Waves. I know at this point you are asking youself, "How can I get involved and make a difference?" Well for only 32˘ (33˘ I think coming up) you can voice your opinion to guest relations and your congressman if you like. Children for years to come should be able to enjoy the attraction at the center of Tomorrowland. I just got over the loss of the water jets and the addition of the trees. But to never again have that glorious Marble roll is a scary thought. What hope do we have for tomorrow when the cool refreshing smell of chlorine can not waft through Disneyland TODAY. Be Active. Stay Heathy. And Return Cosmic Waves to the Guide Map and it's Former Glory.

*Paid for by citizens for a better tomorrow. While some may view this as satire it is an urgent issue. Visit Cosmic Waves and pay your silent respects, Thanks for listening.

cemeinke
06-15-2002, 10:47 AM
I agree! It's time we stop this attraction erosion in Tomorrowland. I mean what's next? The American Space Experience?

Techie7
06-15-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by cemeinke
I agree! It's time we stop this attraction erosion in Tomorrowland. I mean what's next? The American Space Experience?

I never thought about that. This is much more urgent then I originally thought. MP we must band together and help our fallen attractions. Before "They" come to take them from us and the rest of humanity.

Matterhorn Fan
06-15-2002, 11:01 AM
Hear, Hear! . . . I mean, Here, Here? . . . Um, Yeah, what they said!

I will join your cause! Please also support my join my protest to get SuperStar Limo opened up again. It involves wearing a tacky SSL pin and attempting not to laugh or roll your eyes when Cast Members ask you about it.

When will the next vigil for Cosmic Waves be held?

stan4d_steph
06-15-2002, 11:08 AM
I am saddened and appalled. First Cosmic Waves, tomorrow the world. What's next? Please add my name to the petition. Maybe lani can make buttons...

Not Afraid
06-15-2002, 03:40 PM
By all means! Add my name to the petition in BIG LETTERS.

Caustic Bidet, ah, er........ Cosmic Waves must be saved. This futuristic attraction is too important and popular to be taken away from us. Nothing defines Tomorrowland like Caustic Bidet.

Besides, I'll have to trade my pin!!!

Rallymonkey23
06-15-2002, 04:28 PM
Add me to the list!! Cosmic Waves was a great way to cool down on hot days without waiting in long lines. Now with them "fixing" Splash Mountain, and the lines are longer, there is no way to cool off!! I want my name in BOLD letters on the petition please.

MonorailMan
06-15-2002, 05:00 PM
I loved Cosmic Waves! I use to play in it for hours. Please add my name inRed Bold letters. ;)

justagrrl
06-15-2002, 05:35 PM
Is a petition really enough? Don't you think something like a picket, or a rally with banners would be more appropriate? :D

All we need is a good slogan!

awinner
06-15-2002, 05:40 PM
I think that we need to recreate the experience that once was...we should all go with bottles of chlorine & water, douse ourselves in water, and join hands to reunite

MonorailMan
06-15-2002, 05:52 PM
Look at this CW picture on Disney.com (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/Disneyland/Lands/Attractions/index?id=DLPTOMCosmicWaves), they still show it with all the water and the lights! :mad:

Rallymonkey23
06-15-2002, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
Look at this CW picture on Disney.com (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/Disneyland/Lands/Attractions/index?id=DLPTOMCosmicWaves), they still show it with all the water and the lights! :mad:

Now that's just wrong. How can they actually do this without any remorse!? Why can't they put a disclaimer below the picture stating that they have made changes and there is actually no water involved with Cosmic Waves anymore?? Things like this just make me mad.:mad: There are many people that check out thier website everyday to plan trip. Think of how they will feel when they walk up to some trees and a dried up ball thinnking they were gonna have a good time playing in the water!

Matterhorn Fan
06-15-2002, 08:42 PM
Look at this CW picture on Disney.com (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/Disneyland/Lands/Attractions/index?id=DLPTOMCosmicWaves), they still show it with all the water and the lights! :mad: Did you notice which Tomorrowland attraction is NOT listed there? I think this is bad news for the fate of the American Space Experience.

Uncle Dick
06-15-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan
Did you notice which Tomorrowland attraction is NOT listed there? I think this is bad news for the fate of the American Space Experience.
The American Movie Advertisement lives on in the new guidemaps, joining the ranks of exciting attractions like Space Mountain and Star Tours. I think it'll be with us for some time. I just hope the "Mission to Mars" promo lives to see the see the 3rd anniversary of the movie's release (and subsequent bombing). So far, so good.

PineapplePrincess
06-15-2002, 10:14 PM
I really did like cosmic waves...I'm glad I never saw the little children doing what people say that the little children did...I don't want to think about that....but CW gave a little bit of fun in TL. The possibility that you could get soaked on your way to the big marble, or how to get out...? *sigh*:crying: I misssssssss it!!!!!!!!!

zapppop
06-15-2002, 10:24 PM
Today I went to City Hall and told the CM's that
I was furious that Cosmic Waves is no more.
I told them:

" How dare you take away the best 'new tomorrowland' attraction, and a water attraction, just before summer !!
I deserve better treatment than this !!
I'm an annual passholder damn it !
I didn't drive 16 miles for nothing !

After some very strange and annoyed looks, they gave me a free light chaser and an apology, but still I am not satisfied. Add my name to the petition. We must rescue the ball before it's too late !!

MickeyD
06-15-2002, 11:59 PM
Ok, I'm in. I'll quit my job to devote more time to picketing. Really this "New Tomorrowland" attraction does *not* belong in Yesterland.

You guys are too much. This is just one example of why I wish I didn't work on Sundays and could go to the meets. :(

MonorailMan
06-16-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by zapppop

they gave me a free light chaser

COOL! Which one?

One of the plain ones, or one of the character ones?

cemeinke
06-17-2002, 06:13 PM
Something Funky's going on at the Former Attraction Formerly Known As Cosmic Waves (FAFKACW). Either our voices are being heard or the folks at Disneyland aren't being straight with us about the fate of FAFKACW

http://www.linkline.com/personal/cemeinke/img/Cosmic.jpg

zapppop
06-17-2002, 06:20 PM
Oh No !!!
It ate 2 more kids !!!

MonorailMan
06-17-2002, 07:43 PM
Something Funky's going on at the Former Attraction Formerly Known As Cosmic Waves (FAFKACW). Either our voices are being heard or the folks at Disneyland aren't being straight with us about the fate of FAFKACW

Can't you all see, it's turing into a Black Hole, first it sucked up all the water, now it's sucking up people, stay away people! :D

Not Afraid
06-17-2002, 07:51 PM

Can't you all see, it's turing into a Black Hole, first it sucked up all the water, now it's sucking up people, stay away people! :D

No, no, no, no, no. You've got it all wrong. CW is just excited, dressed, and ready to go out on a date with Mike Wazowski.

Uncle Dick
06-17-2002, 11:39 PM

What the pictures don't show is the security guard who was standing near the Radio Disney booth cautiously eyeing a group of crazed APs dressing up a giant granite ball in the middle of Tomorrowland.

"Control to all units, control to all units. We have a 10-99 at Cosmic Waves…" ;)

stan4d_steph
06-18-2002, 04:17 PM
In honor of this effort, I am dedicating my 500th post to Cosmic Waves. Long may she wave, er, stand.

HTHBellcaptain
06-18-2002, 07:01 PM
Perhaps this wouldn't be the proper time to brag about the fact that the one in the MK at WDW is still in use.:D :D

(I can sense vertual vegitable being thrown through cyber space aimed at me.)