PDA

View Full Version : Disney’s ''Pirates'' World Premiere Sells Out in 14 Days - So Hood, 4/30/07

Darkbeer
04-30-2007, 02:46 PM
http://www.sohood.com/1/content/view/1824/69/

QuikQuote: The $3 million goal – in celebration of the third Pirates adventure – was set forth just two weeks ago. Disney started things with a donation of more than $1 million. Ticket buyers from countries such as Australia, Japan, Germany, Belgium, Canada and Mexico, and 35 U.S. states including Hawaii raced to log on to www.piratespremiere.com (http://www.piratespremiere.com/) and purchased tickets to the event at $1,500 apiece. Ticket buyers making the trip to Anaheim next month for the event include a family from Chicago, where the father is having his kids volunteer at a children’s hospital so they can fully appreciate their tickets. A doctor from Canada is sending her mother as a thank you for working multiple jobs to put her through medical school. A soldier currently serving in Iraq is sending his parents from Oregon to let them know he loves and misses them.
Commenting on the announcement, Dick Cook, Chairman, The Walt Disney Studios, said, "Disney is dedicated to making dreams come true, and now we're joined by 'Pirates' fans from all over the world who are making a difference through their generous support and participation in this event. The Studio is extremely excited about 'Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End,' and we are looking forward to a spectacular premiere to give the movie the send-off it deserves, while also touching the lives of so many children and their families.”

bloodnswash
04-30-2007, 02:51 PM
I can't wait!!!

misdisney
04-30-2007, 07:27 PM
I'm so there!!! I can't wait 17 more days.. Johnny babe here we come.

olegc
05-01-2007, 10:16 AM
it's quite interesting to me how so many "fans" bought tickets. how many are fans and how many are groups/companies/brokers that then plan to move the tickets to another owner. I know it may say "non-transferable" but when did that stop people before...

I also wonder whether there will be separate food areas for stars and for "common folk" who bought tickets....:D

bloodnswash
05-01-2007, 12:17 PM
it's quite interesting to me how so many "fans" bought tickets. how many are fans and how many are groups/companies/brokers that then plan to move the tickets to another owner. I know it may say "non-transferable" but when did that stop people before...

I also wonder whether there will be separate food areas for stars and for "common folk" who bought tickets....:D

We are a family of 3 and we bought our own tickets.

I hope to have something up a few days after the premiere about how it all went, etc.

whatsamatterhorn
05-01-2007, 02:13 PM
My friend took out a loan to do this and now she can't get tickets. Sad.

Darkbeer
05-01-2007, 02:26 PM
The way Disney set up the ticket distribution, it would be very hard to resell them. Your name was put on list, and they will require the names of the rest of your party at least 10 days in advance.

Then on the night of the premiere, you will go to a set of ticket windows that will check your ID and credit card and the ID's of the other folks and then only then hand the tickets/credentials to those folks.

futurecm21
05-01-2007, 03:09 PM
:rolleyes:

Seriously have fun, and I'm glad your supporting the make a wish foundation, but, Johnny babe, yeesh.:rolleyes:

futurecm21