PDA

View Full Version : When do the Christmas Decorations Come Down?

DrewR
04-30-2007, 05:39 AM
We have a good friend that can't go when we normally do in December, but can go in January. We are considering changing dates to go but my whole family loves the park when the Christmas Decorations are up. Does anyone know about when they start taking down the decorations????

bloodnswash
04-30-2007, 06:45 AM
I believe the decorations come down right after the new year begins.

DangerMouse
04-30-2007, 07:23 AM
We were at DLR this year when the decorations came down. They were all up on January 7 (last day of Christmas peak and entertainment) and started being removed on January 8. The tree on Main Street was removed on January 9, but IASW Holiday still ran for at least another week.

Malcon10t
04-30-2007, 07:30 AM
We have a good friend that can't go when we normally do in December, but can go in January. We are considering changing dates to go but my whole family loves the park when the Christmas Decorations are up. Does anyone know about when they start taking down the decorations????
This year, most will start coming down Jan 7th.

River Belle
05-03-2007, 04:06 PM
One of our most enjoyable visits to DL was in early January of this year...though the holidays were over, it was still Christmas in the park, and there really was something magical about enjoying the festivities one last time before the decorations came down. Crowds were less than they had been in December, and we were still able to experience the holiday rides, music, parades, fireworks, menus, and 1/2 off Christmas merchandise! I think the early part of January is a WONDERFUL time to celebrate Christmas at Disneyland...I think we're going to make it an annual tradition to bid the holiday season a fond farewell from Main Street, U.S.A.