PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know why Playhouse Disney is [being refurbished] [merged]

pooh0200
04-30-2007, 05:29 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew why, Are they changing the shows in it? It opens right before we get there so I am hoping for a new show since most of the show in it they don't even show any more. Anyone know?

jcruise86
04-30-2007, 06:35 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew why, Are they changing the shows in it? It opens right before we get there so I am hoping for a new show since most of the show in it they don't even show any more. Anyone know?
Good question!
My daughter would go nuts if there were an exciting live version (puppets, costumed characters, or "live animation"?) of "The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse,"
and
a "Little Einsteins" part could incorporate film from all over the world that they fly over.
Currently there are just a bunch of outdated characters we've never heard of.

avalosn
04-30-2007, 10:12 AM
I agree, my son did watch Bear and Book of Pooh, but that was about four years ago. He would really love to see Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or Little Einstein or Handy Manny....hopefully, they give it a nice update, SOMETHING new, anyways.

mommy-san
04-30-2007, 11:43 AM
i can't imagine that the 8 days they are down would ever be to install a new show. My guess is general maintenance and repairs. That carpet was pretty dirty last time we were there.

Entering the arena of wishful thinking...a new show with the Little Einsteins would be well received by my kids. I would wager a guess that by the time it makes its debut, my kids may be too old to remember who the L.E.'s were!

pooh0200
04-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Dh and I were talking that it really wouldn't take that long to redo it in reality. Since they just would have to change the puppets and a few props for the puppets. then it is just the different sides of the current house. So it would be something they could change in just a couple of days then have a couple of days for rehersal. We figured they could do that in the amount of time. So we are hoping.

Koala Gurl
05-01-2007, 09:31 AM
Yes, it would be awesome if they updated the characters!! Even better if they had real fuzzy characters instead of those tiny puppets!

Little Einsteins, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse would be awesome!

shna
05-01-2007, 06:11 PM
One more vote for Little Einsteins -- and another vote for Handy Manny.

On a semi-related note, I can't believe they haven't come out with a little Handy Manny tool set yet. My daughter would go nuts over that!

jaymesmom617
05-02-2007, 09:45 AM
We didn't even go to Playhouse when we were there in Dec b/c my kids didn't know any of the shows! My SIL went and said there was no wait and very few people there. This was the week of Christmas and it was very busy! I can't believe that they would just leave it the way that is. In it's current state it is almost a waste of space. My kids love to watch PHD so, it would be great to have a change! I think that it would be a big draw. Does any one remember a few years ago when they would advertise the DCA show on the Disney Channel? I was on all the time and my DS (now 6, then 2/3) would flip out and tell me that was all he wanted to do when we were at DL. Now, my DD3 and DS2, who are regular Mickey Mouse Clubhouse watchers, don't even know it exists. :( They would much rather go to ToonTown and see the characters there.

DizneyMommy
05-02-2007, 12:10 PM
That can be deceiving, I have gone on random weekdays during off-season and it is randonly crowded with moms and kids. It depends on the time, day, and who the crowd is.

For what it's worth, I'll toss in my vote for LE and HM! Bear and Stanley are getting a little boring, but tell that to a 2 year old. I think I can recite half of the thing from memory. :-)

whiles
05-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Anyone know if during the Playhouse Disney downtime if the CA show is being updated with new show elements similar to the Florida Version? I really would like to see our version updated to reflect the current Playhouse Disney line up.

Just wondering if there wa any scuttle butt other than down for routine TLC.

Thanks whiles :fez:

avalosn
05-14-2007, 12:39 PM
I think I can recite half of the thing from memory. :-)

I feel I have basically seen it so much with my four year old, that I could probably get a job in the show!!

....but, I have one on the way, due in September, so I have many more years of Playhouse Disney ahead of me.....ahhhhhh:eek:

kewlyloch
06-12-2007, 11:41 AM
I see that the Playhouse Disney Live on Stage is supposed to be back from refurbishment. Does anyone have the scoop on what has changed with this show?

IdahoMike
06-13-2007, 10:51 PM
Absolutely nothing was different when we saw it last week. Same ol Bear/Jojo/Stanley/Pooh show.

pooh0200
06-14-2007, 05:35 AM
they actually never closed it down. Or at least by the calendar they didn't I was keeping an eye out for my Brothers trip and it was always on the schedule.