PDA

View Full Version : Help! Looking for a Disney Hotel for Weekend of May 18 - 21 2007

jamwilson
04-29-2007, 03:52 PM
I am trying to get a hotel in the Disneyland Resort for the weekend of May 18-21. All of my efforts have not come up with anything. Everything seems to be full. Does anyone know of a way I can get a room for those dates? Anyone to call, websites to check, a magician? I would be grateful for any advice. Thanks! :cool:

Malcon10t
04-29-2007, 04:02 PM
I am trying to get a hotel in the Disneyland Resort for the weekend of May 18-21. All of my efforts have not come up with anything. Everything seems to be full. Does anyone know of a way I can get a room for those dates? Anyone to call, websites to check, a magician? I would be grateful for any advice. Thanks! :cool:
In one of the 3 hotels?? Going to be IMPOSSIBLE. You do realize the Pirates Premier is going on? Its been booked for some time.

jamwilson
04-29-2007, 04:13 PM
That's why I want a hotel for that weekend. We have tickets for the premiere. Just trying anything I can to see if by some chance I can find a room in one of the 3 hotels.

Malcon10t
04-29-2007, 04:21 PM
The Grand has rooms available on the 20th, but that is all so far. You might check on the 17th for cancellations. Good luck, just did some looking, and most of the area is sold out.

nocaldznygrl
04-29-2007, 05:34 PM
There is also a Urology convention going on in Anaheim at the same time as the premiere. They are expecting 17,000 people for the convention itself. Many hotels have been booked up since February. I booked a room when I first suspected the premiere was May19th back in late January and it was difficult to find a room even then. Keep trying, you may just have to look further from Anaheim, like Fullerton. I know you'll find something.
See you there, I have a ticket for event, too.

rmarino74
04-29-2007, 11:08 PM
I bought tickets to the premier also and would love to get a room at the Disney Hotels as well and I have run into the same problems. I spoke with the production company for the Pirates Movie and the woman said that because of the big convention in town, they could not even get rooms at the Disney resorts for the "talent" from the movie!

Good luck!

bloodnswash
04-30-2007, 06:50 AM
I bought my premier tickets the day they were first offered. I checked hubby for vacation dates at work, got the pet sitter, then ordered the tickets. LOL, HOWEVER, I forgot about the hotel room. The Resort is booked. I called April 13 and they said nothing is available until May 20. Well, I needed the exact same days as you. I had to pay a 250% increase in our room for that weekend (a hotel where we stay every time we go down) Crazy??!! It is and I am :)

When I was doing my search for a room that wasn't as expensive, I did find some out in the Buena Park area. They were a little cheaper then what I paid. But we like the idea of not having to drive back and forth to the park; we like to park the car and not get in it until it is time to go home.

nmjohnston874
04-30-2007, 10:48 AM
Just for curiosity sake, I checked the CCI for those dates a couple of days ago, and they had a standard room with two queens available.

Malcon10t
04-30-2007, 10:53 AM
Just for curiosity sake, I checked the CCI for those dates a couple of days ago, and they had a standard room with two queens available.I just checked last night, and while it looked like it, as it listed rates and everything, just underneath it said "Room Unavailable" in small writing.

adriennek
04-30-2007, 12:16 PM
the Pirates Premier is going on? Its been booked for some time.

There is also a Urology convention going on in Anaheim at the same time as the premiere. They are expecting 17,000 people for the convention itself.

Oh, Yeah. Forget it. We go to an annual convention that's about 20,000 people and the hotels get BOOKED. And that's a convention where people share 3-4 people in a room. Business conventions don't usually get such a high person to a room ratio. In fact, this year, I decided at the last minute (2-3 weeks out) to get a room for that convention. I ended up at the Ayres Inn at State College & Chapman. I wouldn't really endorse it. It's an older hotel, the floor smelled like cigarette smoke as soon as I stepped off the elevator, (I had a non-smoking room,) and the room was just... not well lit and felt yellow and dark. (It was clean and pretty but sort of dark & depressing. And I like the Ayres Inn near my home. I've had relatives stay there regularly.)

I'd start looking at hotels further out. Have you tried the Hyatt at Harbor & Chapman yet? It's a long-shot but I'd try it. There are a few other hotels at that intersection.

There's a Doubletree by UCI Med Center, near the aforementioned State College and Chapman intersection.

Adrienne

BarbD
04-30-2007, 01:10 PM
My suggestion is to call a few. We often find last minute trips the internet is full but when we call we almost always get in at places Like Best western Park Place and others in that area.

bloodnswash
04-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Just for curiosity sake, I checked the CCI for those dates a couple of days ago, and they had a standard room with two queens available.

That's good cuz when I called them on April 13 they said they had nothing.

tothesea
04-30-2007, 03:04 PM
We stayed at the Sheraton Anaheim on Disneyland Drive 3 times last year and LOVED it! The people were so nice and they have their own buses/shuttles that run every 30 minutes. One time, the bus filled up, so they pulled up another one and took the 3 of us by ourselves. We even beat the full bus to the park!
It's really nice, and right across the street from the cast entrance. You can watch the fieworks from the front door. We also ate and shopped at the Disneyland hotels, which was really nice!

Malcon10t
04-30-2007, 03:17 PM
We stayed at the Sheraton Anaheim on Disneyland Drive 3 times last year and LOVED it! The people were so nice and they have their own buses/shuttles that run every 30 minutes. One time, the bus filled up, so they pulled up another one and took the 3 of us by ourselves. We even beat the full bus to the park!
It's really nice, and right across the street from the cast entrance. You can watch the fieworks from the front door. We also ate and shopped at the Disneyland hotels, which was really nice!I love that Sheraton also, however, the nearest Sheraton with an open room is out in Cerritos.

tothesea
04-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Do you take your dog? We do!

Might be going to Disney World, so looking for a pet friendly hotel there.

Malcon10t
04-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Do you take your dog? We do!

Might be going to Disney World, so looking for a pet friendly hotel there.
Yes, we raise service dogs, they travel everywhere with us. There are many pet friendly hotels near Disneyland. Not sure about Disney World.

jamwilson
04-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. You guys are GREAT! I did get a room at the Marriott Suites but am still hopeful to get something closer.
Hope to see many of you at the premiere, even if I don't know what you look like. :D