PDA

View Full Version : Which is better? Anaheim or Tokyo Disneyland?

jcruise86
04-29-2007, 12:24 PM
Please
only answer this if you have been to both
or
will do some quick research and can add information such as the contrasting # of attractions.

Which Magic Kingdom park is better: the original Disneyland in Anaheim or Tokyo Disneyland's Magic Kingdom?

I've been to 9 of the 11 Disney theme parks (excluding water parks) and at this moment (given WDW's alleged minor slump well-documented by Kevin Yee) I think that these are the two best Disney parks with castles. I know Tokyo Disney Sea has many enthusiastic fans, but that's a topic for another thread, please.

I personally call it a tie:
When I was there Tokyo had very good employees and it was the most beautiful Disney park I've visited. But Disneyland feels like home and packs in so much in a smaller space.

fxeditor
05-16-2007, 11:19 AM
I really have to say that I find Tokyo to be far superior to Anaheim. I live in Los Angeles and have been going to Disneyland for as long as I can remember but it wasn't until I visited the Tokyo park (I have been to every Disney Park in the world) that I truly saw what Walt's vision was. The workers were nice there! They actually seemed to enjoy & take pride in their jobs! I was amazed at how clean and well maintained everything was and how the park management cared about so many little details like cast member costumes and theme songs for the different lands (I still can't get the Tomorrowland music out of my head :eek: ). I am also impressed by the unique and imaginative merchandise for sale.

All in all, I encourage every disney fan to visit the Japanese parks. A trip you'll never forget!

Michael

jcruise86
05-16-2007, 09:22 PM
I really have to say that I find Tokyo to be far superior to Anaheim. I live in Los Angeles and have been going to Disneyland for as long as I can remember but it wasn't until I visited the Tokyo park (I have been to every Disney Park in the world) that I truly saw what Walt's vision was. The workers were nice there! They actually seemed to enjoy & take pride in their jobs! I was amazed at how clean and well maintained everything was and how the park management cared about so many little details like cast member costumes and theme songs for the different lands (I still can't get the Tomorrowland music out of my head :eek: ). I am also impressed by the unique and imaginative merchandise for sale.

All in all, I encourage every disney fan to visit the Japanese parks. A trip you'll never forget!

Michael
Thanks!

jcruise86
05-16-2007, 09:49 PM
(Continued)
I was in Anaheim's Disneyland today and it is a wonderful park! I used to work there, and I think that ever since the 50th, it's looked great! Today while I was kicking back with my toddler daughter under the Hungry Bear (along the "river") I realized that once again at Disneyland, I was having one of the best days of my life.

That said, I was amazed by the Tokyo employees and I agree that every Disney fan should try to get there. I used free airline miles that took a while to acquire, and I stayed at a Tokyo businessman's hotel that was $60 a night. I really want to take my daughter there when she's between 9 and 12.

Of course even Tokyo Disneyland could decline if stupid managers fail to honor their employees. If I read that this has happened I won't go. ANY company can to downhill. WDW apparently seems to be sliding, and Toyota is (was?) an amazing Japanese organization that recently had an increase in problems with its cars.

At the insistence of my daughter I went on Pooh five times today (Ahhhhhh!), and I noticed:
1. many cob webs on the pooh-aphernalia to the left of where the cars enter the attraction
2. one of the light effects that is supposed so look like water from a giant pitcher (putting out a candle in the Heff. & Woozle room) was out, and
3. I noticed one bad employee on the attraction. She seemed to be too cool to work on the attraction, and later she was hanging over the attendance-taking machine after you exit the ride and moving her arms like she was freestyle swimming to make it seem like more people had been on the attraction. Weird. I can't imagine that at Tokyo, where with its extraordinary Stepford CMs.