PDA

View Full Version : Weird things you do in the park?

Pages : [1] 2 3

santoanderson
04-26-2007, 09:19 PM
MMkay, I'm scrounging the bottom of the bucket on this topic, but do any of you just do something so out of the ordinary at DL that you can't help but laugh at yourselves?

For instance, my sister and I on numerous occasions have just stopped and started staring at some non-existent object in the sky. We point at it, pretend we're speaking some nonsencial foreign language, take photos, and count how many people stop and start talking about what they see too. Then we just act like we don't know what's happening and walk away.

Now this second one isn't Disney related (yes, apostasy, I know) but this same sister and I were at Universal Studios on the ET ride. At the entrance you give the doorman your name, so that later in the ride the AA ET will say "Goodbye Homer" etc. (BTW, my name isn't Homer, if it were I would have had it changed a long time ago.) My sister would always think up the most diverse, yet existent names: Petunia, Boaz, Fakaro, Nimoy, Cornwaller, etc. So I imagine the IT guys are in the back trying to create a Petunia wav (which inevitably comes out sounding like PETE-OON-YEA) to please us.

It's nothing that's meant to hurt other people or potentially get you in trouble, but do yall have weird/funny habits that you always have to do at Disneyland?

lofosho
04-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Haha I can't think of anything at DL at the moment, but I always give an elaborate fake name at Starbucks..........

"Grande NonFat Latte for Pochahontas?"

:D :D :D :D

bloodnswash
04-27-2007, 06:22 AM
Haha I can't think of anything at DL at the moment, but I always give an elaborate fake name at Starbucks..........

"Grande NonFat Latte for Pochahontas?"

:D :D :D :D

LOL, we do the same thing when ordering a pizza at Costco's food court.

bloodnswash
04-27-2007, 06:29 AM
This is what hubby has been known to do. When we are walking down Main Street and everybody is waiting for the parade he will not so loud, but not so quite, say, "I heard the parade has been canceled." He's never had any takers. HOWEVER, once, while walking down Main Street, when Space Mountain was still closed, my husband said not loud or quietly, "Space Mountain is open." Some guy walking by actually heard hubby and said to his buddy, "Dude, Space Mountain is open!" The two guys immediately turned around and took off. That was so funny but I told hubby that was just not very nice.

bloodnswash
04-27-2007, 06:35 AM
We have been known to see how many times we can hit the Haunted Mansion during Fantasmic......

Also, we were at DL for New Year's Eve a couple years ago with my sister and her husband. The two hubby's were exhausted by 10 that night (my hubby commutes and has to be up at 4:50 every morning so I'll cut him some slack). That trip started a new tradition for us.......the one lap nap......riding the train. Hubby has no problem zonking out for one lap and feels pretty refreshed when the lap is over. He has also been known to do this on It's a Small World :)

LittleArtist
04-27-2007, 09:13 AM
The boats were basically empty in the evening of It's a Small World and my friends and I went on it, we decided to "dance" in the boat to whatever the world music was...Hula for Hawaii, conga for Africa, we tried to do river dance in Ireland but that was difficult.

Of course, we try to do this without leaving the seat...

avalosn
04-27-2007, 09:59 AM
Me and my dad always stand next to a pole and point to the sky.....like we are seeing something really amazing. We make all kinds of faces, like :eek: and :confused: and make a big production out of it.....the main idea is to see how many people we can get to look up and see what we are looking at.....it's actually really funny.

Bytebear
04-27-2007, 10:07 AM
We do the same thing with lines. We line up to a locked door or around a corner, and see how many people we can get to line up behind us.

bloodnswash
04-27-2007, 10:09 AM
We do the same thing with lines. We line up to a locked door or around a corner, and see how many people we can get to line up behind us.

LOL, just this morning my son was saying that he wants to do the very same thing. :)

snappy
04-27-2007, 12:12 PM
I always walk through the turnstiles and say, "Hey let's go on the Viper." or "Where's the snow after the fireworks show." People just look at me confused. Favorite is standing in line for Space Mountain and talking about the loop they installed for PM rides only. Ok, Im bad but waiting for SM for over 120 minutes you get a little nutts.

avalosn
04-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Favorite is standing in line for Space Mountain and talking about the loop they installed for PM rides only. Ok, Im bad but waiting for SM for over 120 minutes you get a little nutts.

I am with you on that one, me and my sis do that a lot. After awhile, our boyfriends will just try to act like they don't even know us!

snappy
04-27-2007, 12:31 PM
I am with you on that one, me and my sis do that a lot. After awhile, our boyfriends will just try to act like they don't even know us!

My girlfriend is usually the one reacting to my nuttyness. It's just another way to have fun in line. That's all. But serious let's ride ghost rider after Thunder Mountain.

MiaTurner
04-27-2007, 01:28 PM
I like to speak along with the spanish "remain seated" warnings and weird people out :) I spoke along with the breakdown speil on Splash Mountain once too and REALLY creeped the others in the boat out.

Also, at the beggining of every ride, when they go "Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs..."

My mom and I yell

"AT ZE LEVEL OF YOUR EYES!!!"

And anyone who hasn't seen Phantom of the Opera thinks we're crazy :)

snappy
04-27-2007, 01:46 PM
In response my girlfriend will recite the entire monologue to Remember. Now that's embarrassing. , "In just 15 minutes spiel and In just 10 minutes. And also the "Due to winds of higher elevation tonight performance...." I guess I had it coming to me.. Yikes..

The Evil Queen
04-27-2007, 02:20 PM
For instance, my sister and I on numerous occasions have just stopped and started staring at some non-existent object in the sky. We point at it, pretend we're speaking some nonsencial foreign language, take photos, and count how many people stop and start talking about what they see too. Then we just act like we don't know what's happening and walk away.

My mom and I did that when were there in March. We were over by Riverbelle Terrace looking across at Tom Sawyer Island. We started staring up in the sky just to see if anyone would follow along. Sure enough! We actually drew a crowd. My son is just young enough not to know what's going on so he asked, "What are you looking at, Mom?" I said, "Don't you see it buddy, up there!" And with the THREE of us looking up and my litttle boy saying, "Where? Where?" we were pretty convincing!

Pretty funny! We just walked away...:p

D15
04-27-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm sure others have done it, but on our very first trip together, me and two best friends did the "let's pretend we're audioanimatronics" on our way out of Indy and actually got the next Jungle Cruise skipper to snort trying not to laugh :p It's now become a tradition that we have to do whenever we ride Indy.

Bassman531
04-27-2007, 03:57 PM
the one lap nap......riding the train. Hubby has no problem zonking out for one lap and feels pretty refreshed when the lap is over. He has also been known to do this on It's a Small World :)

I am liable to fall asleep in the tiki room on a hot summer day, the crash of thunder always wakes me up.

simnia
04-27-2007, 04:06 PM
I'm sure others have done it, but on our very first trip together, me and two best friends did the "let's pretend we're audioanimatronics" on our way out of Indy...

That reminds me of something weird that I did on Indy, unintentionally. I wanted to film the queue's film about seatbelts, so in order to get good video footage I stood absolutely still with my camera aimed at the screen, outside of the line. Some lady in line stared at me a long time and finally asked, "Are you audioanimatronic?"

MiaTurner
04-27-2007, 05:00 PM
I am liable to fall asleep in the tiki room on a hot summer day, the crash of thunder always wakes me up.

I accidently fell asleep on the Haunted Mansion on my last trip. I woke up wondering how I got from the hallway to the graveyard so fast :|

Hey, gimme a break! I had to sleep onna schoolbus the night before, it was 11:30 at night, it was my 10th time riding it, and the slow-moving buggies are pretty relaxing! ;)

Mrs Mouse
04-27-2007, 06:45 PM
I've fallen asleep on Pirates after an especially long, hot day in the park. You can actually get in a decent snooze on that one!

Not sure how weird that is, though. I'm sure there's plenty of us who have nodded off!

Tinkermommy
04-27-2007, 07:51 PM
I'm sure others have done it, but on our very first trip together, me and two best friends did the "let's pretend we're audioanimatronics" on our way out of Indy and actually got the next Jungle Cruise skipper to snort trying not to laugh

When we go at night with our Disney buddies, our kids do this, only they freeze in their interpretations of wild animal poses. It is one of the funniest things I've seen at Disneyland!

I really feel for the kids when nobody notices, and I LOVE it when a jungle cruise CM spots them and works them into their routine without missing a beat. I have NO idea how many people have pictures of our kids, because when that happens, the cameras always start clicking away...

rfaljean
04-27-2007, 09:01 PM
My family loves the movie "Cool Runnings"... we love to ride the Matterhorn together. Whenever we get to the entrance of the cave, just before we take off, we all chant.. "Feel the rhythm, feel the ride, get on up, it's bobsled time... Cool runnings!!!!" Then we get into the bobsled/racing theme for the whole ride.

We also love Pirates, the movies and the attractions, but our favorite part is trying to catch them singing the line "and Really bad EGGS!!".. we will purposely shout that out even if we just miss it (I apologize profusely if we've disturbed everyone...it's really fun ,though)

cookie7762
04-28-2007, 10:34 AM
I like to speak along with the spanish "remain seated" warnings and weird people out :) I spoke along with the breakdown speil on Splash Mountain once too and REALLY creeped the others in the boat out.

Mt brother and I do that too! We especially love to do the HM one because its in that creepy voice. "Para sus seguridad" (or at least thats what it sounds like) sounds best followed by Mwahhahaha!

disneyroxxx
04-28-2007, 11:09 AM
One trip my mom and I dared each other to do crazy things throughout our vacation. For one whole day I had to speak like goofy, I said "hyuck!" after everything I said, and "gawrsh" when talking about a ride. On POTC, my mom had to say savvy after every thing she said, and randomly say arrgh! the people on the boat with us thought she was the creepiest person they've ever met.

Oh yeah, and on the first day we went into the park, right after getting past the turnstiles, I had to skip to the middle of the entrance, twirl while looking up at the sky, and yell "This really is the happiest place on earth!"

Roman Nation
04-28-2007, 12:00 PM
go to big thunder and on the hills screm " FOR NARINA" just before it goes down! It so fun!:fez: