PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Submarine Takes to the Road for the Year of a Million Dreams!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Darkbeer
04-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Disneyland Resort Press Release

DISNEYLAND SUBMARINE TAKES TO THE ROAD FOR THE YEAR OF A MILLION DREAMS!

ANAHEIM, CALIF. April, 26th, 2007 --- As the new Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage is being readied for its June 11 premiere at Disneyland, the Nemo Dream Mobile will be coming out of the water and onto the road beginning May 4 for a spring-summer tour of the West. This road-tripping submarine-on-wheels will bring some of the magic of Disneyland Resort and its new summer attraction to cities in the western United States and Canada.

Designed to resemble one of the yellow submarines in the Disneyland fleet, the Nemo Dream Mobile will travel to Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, San Jose, Sacramento, Fresno, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Albuquerque, Tucson, Phoenix and other locales, appearing in a variety of settings including landmarks, festivals, schools, aquariums, museums, parks, boys & girls clubs, sporting events and parades.

With a length of 43 feet, a height of nearly 13 feet, and a colorful design evoking the classic Disneyland submarine fleet, the Nemo Dream Mobile will bring news of an all-new submarine attraction opening this summer as part of The Year of a Million Dreams at Disneyland.

Along for the voyage, and appearing atop the Nemo Dream Mobile in select locations, will be Nigel, the friendly pelican from the Disney?Pixar film Finding Nemo, and the scavenging seagulls (“Mine, Mine, Mine”) from the movie. The vehicle will also convert, on select occasions, into an “aquarium on wheels,” featuring surprise appearances by Crush, the cruisin’ turtle from Finding Nemo, who can take questions and chat with small groups of guests in a “road show” version of “Turtle Talk with Crush,” the popular interactive animation experience from Disneyland Resort.

The Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, debuting June 11, will feature extensively enhanced versions of the original 1959 Disneyland submarines in a new adventure with Nemo and his fish friends from the Disney?Pixar movie Finding Nemo. Submarine voyagers will go on an underwater expedition featuring cutting-edge imaging technology which will bring the Finding Nemo characters amazingly to life.

The Nemo Dream Mobile will make its first stops May 4 through 6 in Vancouver, British Columbia. It will voyage onward according to the following itinerary:

May 7-11 - Seattle, Washington

May 14-15 - Portland, Oregon

May 17-23 - San Francisco Bay Area, San Jose, California

May 24-30 - Sacramento area, California

May 31 – June 1 - Fresno, California

June 4-6 - Salt Lake City, Utah

June 11 - Disneyland for “Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage” launch

June 13-15 - Las Vegas, Nevada

June 17-18 - Albuquerque, New Mexico

June 21-22 - Tucson, Arizona

June 26-29 - Phoenix, Arizona

Highlighted this summer by the Grand Opening of the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, the Year of a Million Dreams celebration at Disneyland Resort features a full lineup of immersive character encounters and other “Dream-Come-True” experiences. Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida are making literally millions of dreams, large and small, come true for eligible guests. Many money-can't-buy experiences—from exclusive Dream FASTPASSES for popular Disney attractions to around-the-world vacations or a stay in the special Mickey Mouse Penthouse at the Disneyland Hotel—will be awarded at random. There are opportunities for guests to meet and play with Disney Princesses at Disney Princess Fantasy Faire, join a band of pirates in New Orleans Square, duel with Darth Vader at Jedi Training Academy, or show some school spirit in the High School Musical Pep Rally. "The Year of a Million Dreams" continues throughout 2007.

For more information about new attractions, the “Year of a Million Dreams,” and vacations at Disneyland Resort visit www.disneyland.com (http://www.disneyland.com/) or call (866) 60-DISNEY or by visiting local travel agents.

# # #

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win in the Disney Dreams Giveaway. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Open only to legal residents of 50 U.S., D.C., Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico & U.K. Void elsewhere and where prohibited. Giveaway runs October 1, 2006 – December 31, 2007 (mail-in entries postmarked starting September 18, 2006 & received by January 14, 2008 on a 3.5x5 postcard with complete name, address, daytime phone#, birth date and proper postage sent to PO Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126 USA). UK residents only mail to 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS. Penthouse stay will be awarded most days starting December 1, 2006, will likely be awarded early in the day and will be for a stay that night. Approximate retail value of Mickey Mouse Penthouse Stay US $572. Prizes range in value from US $3.83 to US $83,701. All prize awards are subject to verification. Odds of winning on a given day depend on the number of eligible participants at a selected location or within the mail-in entry pool for the time or date (as applicable) selected. Subject to official rules at www.DisneyParks.com/rules (http://www.disneyparks.com/rules).
Sponsor: Magic Kingdom Productions, Inc., PO Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830.

For residents of Canada, a mathematical skill-testing question must be correctly answered to win any prize.

olegc
04-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Only 1 day in anaheim - and it will be the busiest day of them all. Darn!

Darkbeer
04-26-2007, 05:29 PM
Actually 2 days, it will also be part of the Press event on Sunday, June 10th

tink's mom
04-26-2007, 05:40 PM
It's coming to Salt Lake City the week before our dl trip, that'll be nice for me and the kids!!!

Leap for Joy
04-26-2007, 06:45 PM
It will be here when we're there! I'd rather be in DL enjoying the real thing, but I'm disappointed about missing this.

avalosn
04-26-2007, 07:27 PM
It was there on Tuesday, did anyone see it? My aunt works at the hotel and she called me to and told me to bring my son down there to check it out. I guess they had it out there for the cast members but some guests would see it every so often and they let them check it out. Did anyone else get to check it out?

Drince88
04-26-2007, 08:23 PM
We saw it in front of the castle this morning, but didn't stop to check it out closely. The seagulls weren't talking, but they were moving. Later on that day we saw it backstage (while we were riding the sunwheel).

Katlovett
04-26-2007, 08:44 PM
I'm not clear. Can you win something if you locate the submarine? Ride on it, maybe (like the Freedom Train way back in 1976 with the conveyor belts like Space Mountain exit)? Do you get special fastpasses to the opening of the new submarine ride?

Katprin

disneyshoes
04-26-2007, 09:47 PM
How do you find out exactly where it will be when it gets to your city?
Thanks!

Darkbeer
04-27-2007, 05:43 AM
Details have not yet been released, but I would check the dates to celbrations and other events in the area.

As for what you get, at most stops, you get to watch "Turtle Talk with Crush" and maybe a button or a coloring sheet. No rides, no special FASTPASSES, or anything like that.

The bus is mainly designed for the Crush show, and inside has the equipment and other things needed for the show, plus a few seats for the bus staff.

frostynboise
04-27-2007, 06:51 AM
Does anyone have pictures of what this thing looks like?

TikiBird27
04-27-2007, 09:30 AM
Sounds pretty funny! I'll definitely check it out when it comes to Sacramento.

avalosn
04-27-2007, 09:53 AM
I have a pic on my camera phone but I have no idea how to make it go from phone to computer......

arabians4ever
04-27-2007, 10:13 AM
If you scroll down just more than half of the page (on the link below), you will find where they are talking about it being in Vancouver BC Canada. There is a pic of what it looks like.

http://www.bmovanmarathon.ca/hm/inside.php?id=13

bloodnswash
04-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Ahhh, too cute! Thanks, arabians4ever!

VWCat
04-27-2007, 10:48 AM
cool,too bad I'd have to catch a ferry to see it...

avalosn
04-27-2007, 11:18 AM
If you scroll down just more than half of the page (on the link below), you will find where they are talking about it being in Vancouver BC Canada. There is a pic of what it looks like.

Yup, you are rihgt. Woop, there it is!:D

Katlovett
04-27-2007, 02:07 PM

I think they cannibalized the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile and used it as its base. (Just kidding.)

Katprint

UsBurchs
04-27-2007, 03:03 PM
I can't wait to find out where it's going to be here in Seattle. My DS would LOVE to see that, especially since we'll just miss the opening of the ride at DL by a little over a week! :P Should be fun!

Drince88
04-27-2007, 05:19 PM
I think they cannibalized the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile and used it as its base. (Just kidding.)

Katprint

That was my initial thought when I saw it in the park!

arabians4ever
04-28-2007, 07:42 AM
Hey no problem, wish I could go and see it but too busy that weekend. its also going to be at our local aquarium. my kids loved crush and so did I.

check your local radio stations, one of ours is doing a contest, let them know where you saw it and you could win a disneyland trip, so cool

http://www.cknw.com/contests/index.cfm?REM=4719

and

http://cknw.com/contests/promotions.cfm?REM=70633

Devilwife
05-01-2007, 06:00 PM
I was driving home from work today on the I5 in Sacramento and I passed the Sub Bus! It's soo cute!
It was heading North Bound on I5. My guess it on it's way from Disneyland to Seattle.

:D

annieb727
05-03-2007, 03:58 PM
it sure would be nice to find out where exactly to find this...it's going to be in Seattle (which is fairly close to us) all of next week monday thru friday...the boys would LOVE it.

vicbella2
05-03-2007, 06:35 PM
anyone? anyone? anyone know where in seattle it would be?

crrees
05-04-2007, 06:46 AM
Is it just me or do the submarines look awfully familiar?