PDA

View Full Version : Favorite thing to do in Toontown

Bytebear
04-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Did we cover this land? Hopefully it will be at least as popular as the parking lot. ;)

mommy-san
04-26-2007, 01:17 PM
My favorite thing to do in Toontown?
In a word... LEAVE!

The only reason we even went there was to check out the new park at Goofy's house. Then we get there and find out my 6 year old is really too big to play with her 2 year old sister. So, especially after that, not my favorite place in the park.

Vegitabeta
04-26-2007, 01:29 PM
It'll have to be Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, and that's about all.

backsthepack
04-26-2007, 01:34 PM
Watch my son run around like a crazy kid and just have a blast!

Vegitabeta
04-26-2007, 01:37 PM
That little sign outside of Toontown holding the clock looks happy to be outside and not inside that land!

IdahoMike
04-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
Pictures with Mickey, Minnie, and any other character that might be present
Pulling on the electric door
Taking pictures of the kids behind bars, blowing up the dynamite, lifting the barbell, etc...

santoanderson
04-26-2007, 02:42 PM
I loved Gadget's go-coaster when I was eleven, because I loved the cartoon, but since then, meh, there's no real magic in toon town. It's got that allure of an overpriced petting zoo.

jeffthechef
04-26-2007, 03:36 PM
We are spending a week starting Sunday, and all my 4 year old DD can think about is going to Minnie's house!

Remember that kids see DL quite differently than adults do-- That's why it's so much fun!

CharmingsWoman
04-26-2007, 03:52 PM
I guess for me, it's just the nostalgia. I went there when it opened with my grandmother, and the next family trip we had planned, whe was no longer with us:crying:

She loved Toon Town and IASM, so I always go to those two attractions, even if all I do is shop at TT.

olegc
04-26-2007, 04:09 PM
My favorite thing to do in Toontown?
In a word... LEAVE!

second that one... Even Cartoon Spin has not been enough to drag me over there. I will go to take a regular photo with Mickey (when friends are in town) but then it's back to the rest of the park...

Rapunzelthorn
04-26-2007, 09:09 PM
My husband and I never really "got into" Toon Town before we had children, but this past October with our five-year-old and two-year-old, we spent a significant amount of time there! My toddler loved the playground outside of Goofy's house and my five-year-old loved looking in all of the houses, he was totally fascinated with those! :)

Vegitabeta
04-27-2007, 03:26 AM
Bring back the Jolly Trolley Disney!

bloodnswash
04-27-2007, 06:19 AM
I love Gadget's Go Coaster! Once I even got to ride in the front seat with Minnie!!! I called my husband as soon as I got off the ride and he was so jealous, lol. That specific time was the last time I saw the water shooting from the frogs.

frostynboise
04-27-2007, 06:46 AM
I love taking my daughters on the go coaster and taking pictures with Mickey I also love watching them with all the intereactive scenery like the buzzing door knobs and crates that make noise.

SifuJustin
04-27-2007, 07:09 AM
Drink water. The fountain next to Goofy's gas station is almost always cold and has plenty of pressure. So many of the other fountains just dribble out. This one you can get a giant gulp of water.

Me

Mr.Bear
04-27-2007, 07:45 AM
I love playing the band instruments that are in the fountain, that is in front of Mickey’s house. I smile as kids and adults look around wondering why the instruments keep sounding off.
You have to know where to step. :D
Sadly I think only one of the 4 steps works now.

I also miss when the Goofy water fountains used to have different color lights in the stream of water while you drank.

bloodnswash
04-27-2007, 07:51 AM
Dang, I missed out on the Goofy water fountains with the lights :crying:

LittleArtist
04-27-2007, 09:09 AM
I guess this would only be during the summer, but when my boyfriend and I went there, we stood under the umbrellas they set up that spray mists of water since it's so hot during the summer. It was refreshing and probably the only highlight of that land for that trip. Heh.

beansf
04-27-2007, 09:35 AM
I had never even been to Toontown until the tour guide took us there during our Holiday Tour. So, I guess I would say "looking at Holiday decorations". They were worth the trip over there, although while we were there amongst about a thousand young children I heard some crazed woman drop the f-bomb, which I thought was very uncool.

THpoohbear
04-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Eating delicious frozen yogurt from Claribelle's! ( I don't think I spelled that right, but I'm too lazy right now to look it up!)

pisces
04-27-2007, 06:23 PM
The door to the Power Plant

Mrs Mouse
04-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Just as I am the only person in the world who enjoys the Winnie the Pooh ride, I am also apparently the only person who (occassionally) enjoys Toontown! What the heck!?

Personally, I like the detail the best. All the rounded corners, the bright colors, all the neat little hidden suprises and tricks (like the post office).

Also, gotta love visiting Mickey and Minnie at home. That's just magical to me!

Skunker
04-28-2007, 11:30 AM
I love the "cartoon atmosphere", the Gag Factory and also Mickey and Minnie's house.

MadasaHatter
04-29-2007, 11:44 AM
HEY guys N gals,

This is Toontown were talking about here. Mickey's home. It all started with a mouse and he LIVES here. How can you diss this land???? The coolest architecture in the whole park!!!! Roger Rabbit totally rocks. The best queue in the whole park. The XMAS TREE is Sooooooo much cooler than the one on Main St. too!!! And yeah it kinda' stinks......They need to put two new attractions in where Donald's boat is and maybe a Chip n Dale dark ride where the house is. Gadget's Go Coaster is good for kids though as a MY-FIRST-COASTER kind of thing. So yeah they need to fix it but I love all of the interaction things too and getting my pics taken with the characters!!!!!

Of course, I am mad.....

thmar
04-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Favorite thing to do in Toontown? Watch the faces of the little ones filled with awe and happiness!!