PDA

View Full Version : Barrage starts tommorrow night!

Rallymonkey23
06-14-2002, 12:30 PM
Barrage starts tommorrow night! Anyone going? I'll be there, sitting on the ground at Club Buzz Sunday night! Can't wait! It's a great show, if you haven't seen it, try to.

Lost Boy
06-14-2002, 07:25 PM
What and where is Barrage?

sydney
06-14-2002, 08:31 PM
You can find more information at Barrage (http://www.barrage.org)'s web page.

I know there's a thread about barrage somewhere on mousepadd... The "european cast" will be at Club buzz for a few weeks. The Canadian cast was at the park last year, and they were absolutely excellent.

Uncle Dick
06-14-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
Barrage starts tommorrow night! Anyone going? I'll be there, sitting on the ground at Club Buzz Sunday night! Can't wait! It's a great show, if you haven't seen it, try to.
I'll probably be there, too, hopefully sitting at a table on the terrace.

Rallymonkey23
06-15-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick

I'll probably be there, too, hopefully sitting at a table on the terrace.

If you go, do you wanna meet?

Lost Boy
06-15-2002, 08:01 PM
Oh Jeez. I am sooo Embarressed. I saw the Canadian Group when they where there for the first time and I even bought the CD I was so impressed. I can't believe I didn't recognize the name. How stupid of me. Duh.

What times do they perform on Sundays and how long will they be there, does anybody know?

Rallymonkey23
06-15-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Lost Boy
Oh Jeez. I am sooo Embarressed. I saw the Canadian Group when they where there for the first time and I even bought the CD I was so impressed. I can't believe I didn't recognize the name. How stupid of me. Duh.

What times do they perform on Sundays and how long will they be there, does anybody know?

Check out Sydney's post above. There's a link to their websie. Make sure you click on the European Cast!!

Uncle Dick
06-15-2002, 08:23 PM
I caught the 7:00 show this evening and it was great. Had a pretty good seat, too, right in the front row of chairs on the floor by the sound booth. It was kind of funny to watch people who didn't "get it" leave after the first few minutes, but overall the crowd seemed to be really into it. Lots of Barrage fans in the audience.

Rallymonkey23
06-15-2002, 08:32 PM
Were they holding up signs that said "WICKED" on them? Or is that just a thing for the Canadian Cast?

Uncle Dick
06-15-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
Were they holding up signs that said "WICKED" on them? Or is that just a thing for the Canadian Cast?
Must be one of the those crazy Canuck things. ;)

Ghoulish Delight
07-01-2002, 08:25 AM
According to Barrage's website, this will be the final week of perofmrance at DL! And I JUST saw them for the first time last night :( I had seen references on the boards, and checked out their website and was really interested. But every time I went to DL, I either didn't think of it or didn't have the opportunity. Now that I've finally seen it, I LOVE it, but they are leaving.

Sunday, the 7th, is the final performance. I can't make it then, and I'm blocked from the 4th-6th. So Wednesday will be my last chance! I'm DEFINITELY going. I want to get a CD and their autograph.

Actually, that brings up a question. Looking at their website, it looks like all the CDs are of the Canadian cast. What about the ones they are selling in DL, at the Autopia store? Are those recordings of this cast?

Rallymonkey23
07-01-2002, 08:55 AM
I don't think so GD. The CD and DVD looks the same to me (we bought them last year :) ) I was curious of that same thing, so I checked them out, and didn't see any difference. I'm looking at my DVD right now and it says that it was recorded in Canada. The DVD at Disneyland right now says the same thing..... So, yeah, they are the same for sure...... The people that see the European cast and buy the DVD will get a little 'surprise' when they get home.....:(

SteveCJB2001
07-01-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
According to Barrage's website, this will be the final week of perofmrance at DL! And I JUST saw them for the first time last night :( I had seen references on the boards, and checked out their website and was really interested. But every time I went to DL, I either didn't think of it or didn't have the opportunity. Now that I've finally seen it, I LOVE it, but they are leaving.

Sunday, the 7th, is the final performance. I can't make it then, and I'm blocked from the 4th-6th. So Wednesday will be my last chance! I'm DEFINITELY going. I want to get a CD and their autograph.

Actually, that brings up a question. Looking at their website, it looks like all the CDs are of the Canadian cast. What about the ones they are selling in DL, at the Autopia store? Are those recordings of this cast?

Hey don't worry, last week the cast said that they will be back at Disneyland for 3 weeks in August.

awinner
07-01-2002, 09:43 PM
call me crazy...but i do not see barrage's show times posted on the DLR website...so when do they perform?how long?where?what exactly do they do?

Sheila
07-01-2002, 10:53 PM
For those who aren't familiar with Barrage, the Canadian cast are the kids who help to originate the concept several years back. They have incessantly toured the US and South America, not to mention building a huge fanbase by performing at Epcot at WDW. They are extremely popular.

The European cast was recently formed in the last year or so to tour Europe (duh).

Unfortunately, I missed seeing the European cast and am 100% positive they are equally talented. But the Canadians (and their CD and VHS releases) are really, really good.

Anyone who buys the CDs and videotapes will not be disappointed! :)

Sheila

sydney
07-02-2002, 02:29 AM
Having now met both casts after performances at DL, they are all very talented and friendly. IMHO, their two most amazing pieces are "Mountain Spring" and "Until We Meet Again". They were having a great time when we saw them perform. They said they're taking a small "break" to go up to Calgary to rehearse with the creators of barrage and maybe learn new tunes to add to the set list. One of the musicians told me they'd heard synth arrangements of some of the new material and that it sounds great. They will then be back at Club Buzz in august. It will be interesting to see if their is any change in their lineup/coreography/performance.

:)

Ghoulish Delight
07-02-2002, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by awinner
call me crazy...but i do not see barrage's show times posted on the DLR website...so when do they perform?how long?where?what exactly do they do? They play at Club Buzz stage (the DLR site just lists the times as "Club Buzz Stage Bands." The times are listed there (7, 8:30, and 10).

Uncle Dick
07-06-2002, 11:37 PM
Saw all three sets last night. What an awesome way to spend the evening at Disneyland! Tomorrow is the last night for Barrage for about a month or so, so it would behoove all who have not experienced the "neatoness" that is Barrage to head on over to Club Buzz. Noticed quite a few Barrage groupies there, too, including a couple of hotties who sat front and center. They seemed to take a liking to the percussionist dude. Lucky guy.

Anyway, I have compiled a few tips to help all future Barrage viewers. First of all, if you want any chance at the front row of tables on the terrace, you'll have to arrive very early, as the groupies gobble 'em up quickly. By the time I arrived at the park around 5 pm, all the tables were taken. I would highly recommend that any potential viewers skip the first set and catch the last two for a variety of reasons: 1) The first show is the most crowded, 2) The first show takes place before dark, so the neat lighting effects are lost, and 3) The first and third sets are virtually identical.

To get the best seats for the second set, without viewing the first, wait until the first show has just ended (right around 7:45) and snatch up the front row seats as they are vacated. The 45 minute wait isn't too bad, especially if you bring along a book or something. Since the third set begins shortly after the fireworks, you should still be able to find a good seat about 15 minutes before showtime.

And on a completely unrelated topic, it seems that the Observatron lives! It was spinnin' around and makin' music before the first set. After Barrage began, however, it remained quiet for the remainder of the evening.

Rallymonkey23
07-07-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by sydney
Having now met both casts after performances at DL, they are all very talented and friendly. IMHO, their two most amazing pieces are "Mountain Spring" and "Until We Meet Again".

My thoughts exactly..... Mountain Spring is IMO the most beautiful song ever. My only gripe about Until We Meet Again is that they dont play the song at the end of the set. I think it would fit into the show better. But it is a great song though. Rallywife leans toward 7 Wicked Reels..... She really likes it.