PDA

View Full Version : Old Sub Ride Question

cookie7762
04-26-2007, 12:15 PM
I need somehelp settling a disagreement between my mother and I. She swear that on the old sub ride you did not dive at all, it was all bubble effects. I argue that I remember seeing starfish on the wall raise up as we went lower into the water. Who is right? I know that the subs didn't go completely under water, but I swear they dove like a foot or two. Who has a good memory that can help me out?

Andrew
04-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Sorry, the Submarine Voyage did not dive at all.

backsthepack
04-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Nope, no diving from what I can recall.

jeffthechef
04-26-2007, 03:40 PM
I believe that Nemo will be on the sam track and use the same subs that the former ride used. It was a straight track, with half of the sub above water at all times.

Another Dimension
04-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Not an inch...

simnia
04-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Everybody is right: the subs didn't dive at all. I used to wonder the same thing until I read it in an official publication somewhere. Near proof of that is that the subs are in full view throughout the lagoon, so the only place they could conceivably dive is in the dark areas. But then it would be pointless effort since the dark would hide the fact they're on the surface anyway, and I remember seeing the surface even in the dark areas, at times.

jcruise86
04-26-2007, 07:18 PM
Yes Virginia, I mean Cookie7762, the submarines did dive.
The submarines dove whenever children and hardworking parents needed to submerge their problems. "Dive! Dive! Dive!" was not just recording, but a call for all of us to treasure our imaginations. Didn't dive? You may as well claim that the giant sea bass and clams weren't real!

I worked on the subs back in the summer of 1983 (pause for the admiring sighs from the women and a respectful silence from the men) when I was 18, and unless I breathed in too many of those awful fumes. . . wait, no, now it's coming back more clearly. We didn't dive. Sorry.

cookie7762
04-26-2007, 07:38 PM
ok ok, I stand corrected. I'll be sure to let the family know that I was wrong :crying:

potzbie
04-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Would it help any if you knew that the entire submarine was "under water" --- when it passed through the water fall?
:rolleyes:

simnia
04-27-2007, 07:20 AM
ok ok, I stand corrected.

That's OK. Just don't do it again. :)

Of course now you could claim that the Motor Boats' steering wheel really worked, just to see what they say. :)

bloodnswash
04-27-2007, 07:25 AM
That's OK. Just don't do it again. :)

Of course now you could claim that the Motor Boats' steering wheel really worked, just to see what they say. :)

What??!! It didn't??!! :eek:

The torture my parents put me and my sisters through on this ride when we were little little girl. We only went on it at night......so us girls couldn't see the track. LOL, these days, that would be considered child abuse. :p

cookie7762
04-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Would it help any if you knew that the entire submarine was "under water" --- when it passed through the water fall?
:rolleyes:

Ha! So I shall declare the bet a draw!... technically :)

zombie pirate
04-28-2007, 11:04 AM
All bubble effect, I do remember you needed a few drops of visine after peering out your window thru out the whole trip. I remember reading some pretty good stuff about the Subride in Mouse Tails.

potzbie
04-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Forget the bubbles.

Did you shudder with FEAR or LAUGHTER, when you finally ... finally .. saw the head of the sea serpent?

Choose one:
:) or :confused: or :eek: