PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Seating Strategies?

hookem81
04-25-2007, 10:16 PM
What are your best suggestions for getting the prime spots for Fantasmic? Also, is their any seating for purchase on NOS balconies? Thanks.

Autopia Guy
04-25-2007, 10:29 PM
One of the best ways to get a good seat that most people will avoid is to wait behind the center lighting tower. Until shortly before the show, it is on the ground, and most people assume that it will stay there. Then, before the show, it rises up, so that only the very center where the big piston that is rises on is blocked.

As for seats for sale, they do have them. But I think they are in the same general area that the center light tower is. But then that is the best area to watch from IMO.

HudsonHawk
04-26-2007, 05:13 AM
We get there at least 1.5 hours early, lay our two blankets on the cobble stone walkway , water side-dead center and send the troops for a snack. The best part is visiting with all the other people that show up and sit around you. Does the ground get hard? Yes, but its all good when the food gets there.

MermaidHair
04-26-2007, 05:55 AM
There is Fantasmic balcony seating, with all you can eat dessert buffet. Also, they have a riverside seating area. They are arounf $60 per person. If you search the boards there are a number of threads with details that I cannot seem to call up right now.

I have a question, however. What is the length of the Fantasmic show?

ssturgeo
04-26-2007, 06:02 AM
Fantasmic Balcony seating...very limited...hard to get...you must call 30 days in advance (NO earlier)...and the minute the phone lines open-8a.m.-5:00 p.m. seven days a week...714-781-4400. BUT...if you are staying at a resort hotel, VP will make the ressies for you (714-300-7526)...which is what I did year before last.

There is also reserved Riverside seating, same ressie requirements. There are more seats here than on the balcony.

I do not have my notes handy, but I believe the cost is around $59.00 ... fruit, cheese, dessert and drink buffet on the balcony....very nice.
In June of 05 there was also a more limited buffet with Riverside seating, but thinking I read somewhere that now it is a boxed type dessert package with this viewing...perhaps someone else can chime in on this seating.

Pascomom
04-26-2007, 06:36 AM
We have done the balcony and the riverside seating and yes it is very nice to be pampered. For us it was nice to show up just before the show and be taken to our seats and given the treats (fancy cookies, chocolate covered strawberries, juice, milk, pop, can't remember what else but it was good). But.....I was kind of shocked that just a rope seperated the general crowd from the river seating area so, 1 foot away from us were folks who didn't shell out the $$$ (my DH took care of the arrangements but I think it was around $240 for 5 of us) and had the same view. So you are of course paying for the treats and convience. Worth it, IMHO yes, once, but we will brave the crowd next time and save our $$$ for other things.;)

I think we might try staking out a spot next the the river seating area, the steps there raise you up a bit so the little ones can see without blocking the view of the people behind you.

bloodnswash
04-26-2007, 07:01 AM
The Fantasmic show is about 20 to 25 minutes long.

I've done the Balcony 3 times. Have LOVED it every time. Once I called (last minute) for Balcony reservations and they only had riverside seating available. I told them no thank you.

Malcon10t
04-26-2007, 07:13 AM
The Fantasmic show is about 20 to 25 minutes long.

I've done the Balcony 3 times. Have LOVED it every time. Once I called (last minute) for Balcony reservations and they only had riverside seating available. I told them no thank you.We are the opposite. We LOVE riverside. (Hi Bora!!!!) MickeyDogMom is claustrophobic and cannot handle the balcony seating. We can't wait to go in July and will be doing Riverside then.

THpoohbear
04-26-2007, 07:26 AM
One trick I've used is to wait until the 2nd Fantasmic showing. After the fireworks are over (which happen immediately after the 1st Fantasmic), CMs usher people out through adventure land. There is rope put up in Frontierland, right around the Mark Twain loading area. After fireworks I dash over to the rope from the hub, and after a few minutes of clearing the Fantasmic area, they drop it and people scurry to find seats. Every time I've done this I've come up with dead center, about second row. Then the wait is only about 30 minutes. I do wait for a long time for fireworks though, so I can get a spot in the hub and be close enough the Frontierland entrance.

stan4d_steph
04-26-2007, 07:48 AM
One of the best ways to get a good seat that most people will avoid is to wait behind the center lighting tower. Until shortly before the show, it is on the ground, and most people assume that it will stay there. Then, before the show, it rises up, so that only the very center where the big piston that is rises on is blocked.I've used this strategy before. It works well, but only for the first show. The light towers don't lower between shows. The second show is usually less crowded though.

disneyhound
04-26-2007, 01:51 PM
We have sat in the balcony a couple of times. We selected the first show, 9:00PM I think, because you are welcome to stay after the show and watch the fireworks from the balcony! You do not have the madhouse of people down below to deal with. And you can graze on over to the dessert buffet once again!!!

Mickeygirlforever
04-26-2007, 04:25 PM
We always sit down about 6 or 6:30. We lay our blanket out and sit and wait. Sometimes we sleep. It's a lot of fun for me. (I saw the one in WDW and I think it adds to the magic waiting on the ground). Anyway, we take turns saving the spot and go ride pirates or HM. Last time we did catch the 2nd show because we were right there after the fireworks. That worked out pretty well too. I love it!

MiaTurner
04-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Maybe I'm just crazy, but I NEVER have trouble getting a seat for Fantasmic.

But I always go to the second show. That is your best bet, completely. I've never had to wait more than 45 minutes for the show to start, and that includes a viewing on Veteren's Day, Good Friday, and Christmas. The busiest day has never stopped me from getting a good seat. Then again, I always snag front row and center; so maybe it's just harder to get other seats? It seems I STILL have to race people who notice I'm going for the center seat and decide they want it too... They seem to fill up fast. I've never had issues though; second show is the way to go :)

b52hbuff
04-27-2007, 07:09 AM
Does the ground get hard?
http://www.thermarest.com/product_detail.aspx?pID=45&cID=4

Works for parades too. ;)

bloodnswash
04-27-2007, 07:30 AM
"Does the ground get hard?"

Everybodys rear end is different. Mine and my hubby's can handle the ground just fine (we are 39 and 43 years old).

Leap for Joy
04-27-2007, 08:40 PM
For me it's not that the ground is hard, it's that I need back support. I recommend chairs like these: Crazy Creek (http://www.crazycreek.com/interior.cfm?page=detail&item=1)
They are allowed into the park because they sit directly on the ground (no legs) and they have no metal parts.

Stupid_American
04-28-2007, 05:56 AM
The Balcony (http://cheapeatsbangkok.com/photos/disney/balcony_seating.jpg)