PDA

View Full Version : Disney Gods Smiled Upon Me Today

princess- ada
04-25-2007, 07:48 PM
I truly believe the Disney gods were looking out for me today.
Today was a very difficult day for me. As I posted earlier, I had to cancel my Son's 5th birthday trip due to I have a back injury. I have 2 bulging disks in my back and I have been out on disability for 40 days and counting. We were suposed to arive in Disneyland at 10:00am for a 4 day trip just me and my little man. Instead, Jordan has a gimpy mommy with a "broken leg".
I still wanted our day to still have a little Disney in it. We read an old Disney sourvenir book, counted all of our disney pins (103 after the mail man delivered 3 new ones today) and talked about what we were going to do at Disneyland once mommy was better. I decided to take my guy to McDonalds for lunch( I can now drive very short distances).
After lunch, I decided to go to a little thrift shop by McDonalds. We looked around and for a little bit and then I want to the toy section, and there they were, 2 sets of Disneyland Dream Mickey Mouse Ears:eek: :eek: :eek: . I feel like the Dream Patrol left them for my son. We may not be in Disneyland, but we had a disney dream come true!!!

JohnGar
04-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Walt has smiled upon you. :D

Get well soon and we'll see you in the park soon after that.

Tisha
04-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Aww, what a nice story! I'm sure you'll make it to Disneyland soon. :D

vegasmommytoDL
04-25-2007, 09:40 PM
That was a really nice story. Thanks for sharing =)

Sorry you had to cancel your trip. There will be another time I am sure!

lofosho
04-25-2007, 10:05 PM
How great for you and your son! Thanks for sharing!

backsthepack
04-26-2007, 03:38 AM
That is a super wonderful story. Sad that you had to cancel your trip, but amazing to me that you found those ears!

Vegitabeta
04-26-2007, 03:40 AM
Yep, someone was definitely looking down on you and smiling!:)

yellowrosedtxn
04-26-2007, 04:54 AM
I'm sorry about your back and your trip, but I am very happy for you that you got the ears! Congrats on finding them!

HudsonHawk
04-26-2007, 05:01 AM
I truly believe the Disney gods were looking out for me today.
Today was a very difficult day for me. As I posted earlier, I had to cancel my Son's 5th birthday trip due to I have a back injury. I have 2 bulging disks in my back and I have been out on disability for 40 days and counting. We were suposed to arive in Disneyland at 10:00am for a 4 day trip just me and my little man. Instead, Jordan has a gimpy mommy with a "broken leg".
I still wanted our day to still have a little Disney in it. We read an old Disney sourvenir book, counted all of our disney pins (103 after the mail man delivered 3 new ones today) and talked about what we were going to do at Disneyland once mommy was better. I decided to take my guy to McDonalds for lunch( I can now drive very short distances).
After lunch, I decided to go to a little thrift shop by McDonalds. We looked around and for a little bit and then I want to the toy section, and there they were, 2 sets of Disneyland Dream Mickey Mouse Ears:eek: :eek: :eek: . I feel like the Dream Patrol left them for my son. We may not be in Disneyland, but we had a disney dream come true!!!

It wasn't Walt smiling down on you, it was God. Glad you had a blessed day with your son and I pray you will heal and be the mommy you want to be.

bloodnswash
04-26-2007, 07:14 AM
Yes indeed, it was Mr. Walt Disney himself smiling upon you and your son :) How very cool!

princess- ada
04-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Thanks for all your well wishes. I hope to be able to go to Disneyland the first week in June, provided I am well enough.

bloodnswash
04-27-2007, 06:43 AM
Here's to a speedy recovery! Have a great time at the park!

thmar
04-27-2007, 05:47 PM
What a wonderful experience...you are truly blessed. Here's to a speedy recovery and the best Disney trip in the near future! :)

disneyperson
04-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Thank you for posting your story. It really made my evening. May you get well soon and be able to enjoy many trips to DL with your son.

RStar
04-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Having had two bad discs, one of them ruptured, and surgery to fix it, and a disabled wife, I know what you're going through.

I hope you and your wife heal well and can make your trip to DL! At least I'm only a few minutes away, so I can go there easily. I just haven't been on any E tickets for a year and a half!

Take care!

~Bob

Leofoenget
04-28-2007, 09:38 PM
WOW!! nice find! What did you pay for them?? That kind of thing happened to my friend. Her boys wanted Pirate mouse ears but they were $15 each. She found 2 sets at the thrift store for $2 each.

nice score!!

jan