PDA

View Full Version : Monorail & Early Entry Question

miss bianca
04-25-2007, 03:30 PM
So we are planning on using the Monorail for early entry next week and I am wondering: If EE is at 8:00A, do they let you on to the platform to board before 8:00 or right at 8:00?

I was thinking I should get in line around 7:30 and have my sister w/ our toddlers meet me at 7:50 but I'm wondering if that's too late. I'm trying to have the 2 little ones stand in line for as little time as possible - 20 minutes is really their max.

THANKS!!

emmah
04-25-2007, 11:35 PM
So we are planning on using the Monorail for early entry next week and I am wondering: If EE is at 8:00A, do they let you on to the platform to board before 8:00 or right at 8:00?

I was thinking I should get in line around 7:30 and have my sister w/ our toddlers meet me at 7:50 but I'm wondering if that's too late. I'm trying to have the 2 little ones stand in line for as little time as possible - 20 minutes is really their max.

THANKS!!

hi there, when i used the monorail in january this year for early entry, they let us up the stairs and into the train before 8am, but it didn't take off until exactly 8am, getting us to tomorrowland station about 5 after. it was still faster than waiting at the main gate.

TribeFan
04-26-2007, 05:59 AM
I believe that the Monorail does not operate for early entry. It will open when the park opens to the general public. It is an attraction but not one that is part of early entry. You will need to go through the main gate.

CamCay
04-26-2007, 12:15 PM
I believe that the Monorail does not operate for early entry. It will open when the park opens to the general public. It is an attraction but not one that is part of early entry. You will need to go through the main gate.

we used the monorail for early entry, along with a lot of other people staying at the disneyland hotel, the last few times we have gone.

miss bianca
04-26-2007, 12:44 PM
Okay I just called Disneyland (love doing that!) and the operator was nice enough to call the DTD Monorail Station for me and ask - here the OFFICIAL answer:

Yes the Monorail runs for early entry (which we knew ;) )

It starts to board 15 mins prior to early entry and it leaves the station at 8:00AM (thank you emmah!)

themouselover
05-14-2007, 10:42 PM
can anyone tell me what days are EE days? And with a 4-day park hopper do you just get one EE DAY?

Thanks

Malcon10t
05-15-2007, 05:55 AM
can anyone tell me what days are EE days? And with a 4-day park hopper do you just get one EE DAY?

ThanksEEs are Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Sat. You get one EE per ticket. If you stay onsite, you can go to EE each day it is offered.

kimc0486
05-20-2007, 06:26 PM
I haven't bought my DL tickets yet, but am wondering how you get Early Entry admission? I was planning on buying my tix from the DL site, but if you buy from AAA or somewhere else do the tix come with EE? Or do dl.com tix come with EE?

And which days are EE? Will Nemo be a part of EE on the 12th (if its an EE day)?

Thanks!

Gilesmt
05-20-2007, 06:34 PM
When you buy a three day or more park hopper ticket you get an EE day, it does not matter if you buy it at DL or the website or AAA. EE days are M, T, R and S. As far as I know Nemo will not be an EE ride but I have heard that they believe the line will start to form during the EE time and will be already long by the time the park opens. Hope all my info is correct.

kimc0486
05-20-2007, 06:42 PM
So I was planning a 3-day park hopper from dl.com, so I get EE?

DangerMouse
05-20-2007, 07:08 PM
So I was planning a 3-day park hopper from dl.com, so I get EE?

Yes.

hlbtimes2
05-20-2007, 07:14 PM
You will get one day with your hopper. If you stay on site, you can have it each day it is offered.

Baloo
05-20-2007, 08:24 PM
they are considering making Nemo an EE attraction. to help with the crowds

mousey_girl
05-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Does the Monorail take you into the parks on EE days, or is EE only an option at the main gate?

biolabetty
05-27-2007, 02:38 PM
I took the monorail this week for an EE day. Have fun!

kimc0486
05-27-2007, 03:03 PM
What days are EE?

Malcon10t
05-27-2007, 03:07 PM
What days are EE?
Mon, Tues, Thurs and Sat

mousey_girl
05-27-2007, 04:43 PM
Thank you! We are going to be having breakfast at Goofy's on the Saturday morning of our visit. I was hoping that we could just jump on the Monorail after breakfast.

Now it looks as if I will be adding another night to our trip!!

silence
05-27-2007, 05:43 PM
just FYI....

during our stay, we attempted to ride the monorail into the park just about every day. on THREE days of our 5 mornings, the monorail was not running either during early entry or right when the park was scheduled to open. they always told us it was down for at least 30 minutes.

we were walking from the PP, so it was a bummer, we would have taken the short cut through GC if we thought it wouldn't be running.

miss bianca
05-27-2007, 05:46 PM
We used the monorail for EE twice in May. Plan on getting in line about 30 mins prior to EE. The line gets long quick and if you don't get there early you may miss the first monorail which leaves at 8:00A.
They don't seem to wait for the Monorail to be filled - they open the line at approx 7:50 and take everyone that can get through and then leave at 8:00.

Malcon10t
05-28-2007, 08:54 AM
It used to be that the Monorail was limited to Guests of the Hotel also first thing in the AM. Not sure if this applies to EE also.

miss bianca
05-28-2007, 10:07 AM
It used to be that the Monorail was limited to Guests of the Hotel also first thing in the AM. Not sure if this applies to EE also.

YES!! I totally forgot about this! In May they were checking to make sure that you were a DLR hotel guest for EE monorial use. I heard a couple walk by and ask the CM and she said you would need your charge slip.

kimc0486
05-28-2007, 08:43 PM
What time does EE start, I cant remember, do the gates open 30 min or 60 before park opening? Two days I am there DL opens at 8, 7 seems early to me, but just wanted to clarify before I get in line at that early of an hour.

miss bianca
05-29-2007, 08:04 AM
What time does EE start, I cant remember, do the gates open 30 min or 60 before park opening? Two days I am there DL opens at 8, 7 seems early to me, but just wanted to clarify before I get in line at that early of an hour.

EE is 1 hour before normal opening. And yep we've done the 7am thing a few times!!
For people heading to EE they don't open Main Street earlier than EE- they open the specially marked gates (Early Entry) at the posted EE time and you proceed to Fantasyland. If you are staying at the hotels I would strongly recommend taking the Monorail - much quicker IMO.

kimc0486
05-29-2007, 11:29 AM
they are considering making Nemo an EE attraction. to help with the crowds

Do you think this is something that will be done on Tuesday the 12th? Even if it isnt an EE attraction, could I still get in line and wait for it to open at 8am? Or do you think it will be roped off in some fashion? Thanks.