PDA

View Full Version : Where was Ariel in Parade of Dreams?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Since my trip report was moved to the trip report area, I am not sure how many people will see this?
But, Ariel was missing from her float in POD on Monday night, the 23rd. The "bubble" wasn't there, nothing. I was just wondering what might have happened? Thanks!

vegasmommytoDL
04-25-2007, 02:06 PM
I have no idea what happened but I saw it too.

Like I mentioned in your trip report, my daughter was CRUSHED to the point of tears! I found it really strange! I didn't see if she was in her Grotto that day but she was in the grotto Tuesday.

Also, there was a huge tent over one of the big shops on Main Street on Monday that wasn't there Sunday! The Penny Arcade was also closed Tuesday but this might be normal for a weekday and I just don't know it.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-25-2007, 02:22 PM
I have no idea what happened but I saw it too.

Like I mentioned in your trip report, my daughter was CRUSHED to the point of tears! I found it really strange! I didn't see if she was in her Grotto that day but she was in the grotto Tuesday.

Also, there was a huge tent over one of the big shops on Main Street on Monday that wasn't there Sunday! The Penny Arcade was also closed Tuesday but this might be normal for a weekday and I just don't know it.

Where were you standing for the parade? We were next to the garbage can outside the Emporium in front of the firehouse.

I noticed the tent there on Monday, but didn't make it to the park on Sunday so wasn't sure when it had been put up. I noticed the Penny Arcade was closed on both Monday and Tuesday.

Glad your daughter could see Ariel in her Grotto.

Darkbeer
04-25-2007, 02:43 PM
The Penny Arcade is closed to replace the flooring. It is scheduled to reopen on May 19th.

The Disney Showcase and the Magic Shop are covered in tarps for repainting. Both Stores are open for business.

You can see photos at the link below.

vegasmommytoDL
04-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Where were you standing for the parade? We were next to the garbage can outside the Emporium in front of the firehouse.

I noticed the tent there on Monday, but didn't make it to the park on Sunday so wasn't sure when it had been put up. I noticed the Penny Arcade was closed on both Monday and Tuesday.

Glad your daughter could see Ariel in her Grotto.

Actually we were near the Matterhorn. I bet we were near you at some point though lol The Arial float stopped around the Matterhorn area to do the "show" and after she broke out in a crying fit I took her away! She's seen the parade probably half a dozen times now so I didn't feel so bad about it.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-25-2007, 03:43 PM
The Penny Arcade is closed to replace the flooring. It is scheduled to reopen on May 19th.

The Disney Showcase and the Magic Shop are covered in tarps for repainting. Both Stores are open for business.

You can see photos at the link below.

Thank you DB! Were you there either Monday or Tuesday? I am always looking for you when I am at the parks.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-25-2007, 03:43 PM
Actually we were near the Matterhorn. I bet we were near you at some point though lol The Arial float stopped around the Matterhorn area to do the "show" and after she broke out in a crying fit I took her away! She's seen the parade probably half a dozen times now so I didn't feel so bad about it.

You probably were. hehe
Near the Emporium must have been her next stop.

imagineerthat
04-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Does anybody have a pic of the float without Ariel?

potterphreak
04-26-2007, 07:26 AM
We watched the Parade Thursday, April 19th and there was no Ariel then either. But she WAS in her grotto, either Wednesday or Thursday, can't remember which day we saw her. LOL I wonder what the deal is!

mamatojade
04-27-2007, 08:54 PM
We were there on Monday night and no Ariel - I think I do have photos of the float with no Ariel. I'll check and post it tomorrow.

MrTomMorrow
04-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Wow, weird... I didn't know the parade could run without her...

Well, I guess the show must go on!

Darkbeer
04-27-2007, 09:52 PM
Ariel was in the Parade today (6:30 PM version), the float worked as normal....

spectromen
04-27-2007, 11:37 PM
I'm guessing either A) Cast Shortage or B) stability issues that had to be checked out on the float itself.

And FYI, whether or not she's in her photo op shell has no bearing on the parade. Those girls are from different departments and it wouldnt' be the same cast member.

Another Dimension
04-28-2007, 11:18 AM
Wednesday 4/18, Pre-PoD...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl7AX-Q2-7c

Ariel said herself she was... "leaving to get ready for the parade". ;)

Something musta happened to her, mon!! :eek: