PDA

View Full Version : Stroller Passes?

vegasmommytoDL
04-25-2007, 10:03 AM
On the first day of my Disneyland trip I was so excited I made the mistake of entering the park without a stroller. After about an hour I knew we needed it so I went to the main entrance to exit and get a stroller. There was only one exit gate and I told the CM’s I was exiting to get a stroller. They wouldn’t let me exit that way at all and acted as though I couldn’t get a hand stamp for that purpose (we bought AP’s that morning so it wouldn’t have mattered anyway). They directed me to the far end of the gate to a special “Stroller exit”. When I got to this exit the CM gave me a worn white paper that said 1 person was allowed entry with that pass. She told me the child had to be in the stroller to re-admit. I went and got my stroller, put my daughter inside and when I came back through all I had to do was hand her the pass… didn’t even have to show my ticket.

Isn’t this a terrible idea? Disney is good at making procedures for things but this seems like a large loophole.

HobbitFeet
04-25-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm confused. Why did you have to exit to get a stroller? Did things change since last October with the rentals just inside the main gates? :confused:

IdahoMike
04-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Sometimes the stroller rentals are in the esplanade, sometimes inside the gates, it all depends on how busy the parks are.

I'm not sure what the loophole is that you are seeing, unless you are thinking if you have already entered the park with your pass, you could then exit, receiving a stroller pass, and hand the stroller pass off to someone that doesn't have a DL pass, and then they get in for free, while you go back in the main gates with your pass. I suppose that could happen, but the person manning the gate usually has a pretty good idea of who they gave stroller passes to, and they would most likely notice if a different person than the one they gave the pass to came back with a stroller. Honestly though, with as much as we pay to get into the park, I would have no interest in helping someone else get in for free.:D

vegasmommytoDL
04-25-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm not sure what the loophole is that you are seeing, unless you are thinking if you have already entered the park with your pass, you could then exit, receiving a stroller pass, and hand the stroller pass off to someone that doesn't have a DL pass, and then they get in for free, while you go back in the main gates with your pass. I suppose that could happen, but the person manning the gate usually has a pretty good idea of who they gave stroller passes to, and they would most likely notice if a different person than the one they gave the pass to came back with a stroller. Honestly though, with as much as we pay to get into the park, I would have no interest in helping someone else get in for free.:D

Nor would I be interested in having my AP revoked lol

I'm just saying I am surprised they don't have a better system. When I left and when I came back it was a different attendant. Also they were handing out a LOT of them... If it was me, I'd have a hard time keeping track of who I gave them too. Maybe I just hit it at the right time. My thought at the time was "this is an odd way of doing this". Wouldn't it be better to have people get a handstamp and re-enter? I was perfectly willing to get a handstamp and re-enter but they insisted I walk all the way to the other side of the gate to go out the stroller exit.

I saw some pretty crazy stuff in the park.... like the lady in the car in front of us on Buzz put her baby on the floor of the ride and they emergency stopped it and an attendant had to tell her to hold the baby. She was like "why?" To me that was CRAZY!

coronado_g
04-25-2007, 02:19 PM
I saw some pretty crazy stuff in the park.... like the lady in the car in front of us on Buzz put her baby on the floor of the ride and they emergency stopped it and an attendant had to tell her to hold the baby. She was like "why?" To me that was CRAZY

Gee, I wonder how she thought she was going to be able to come back and get the baby once her AstroBlaster car kept traveling forward.

miss bianca
04-25-2007, 02:45 PM
She told me the child had to be in the stroller to re-admit.

I don't think this always the case. I've left my son with my husband on main street and gone out and come back through the stroller return entry/exit with an empty stroller many times. Just depends on the cast member.

bloodnswash
04-25-2007, 02:57 PM
"I saw some pretty crazy stuff in the park.... like the lady in the car in front of us on Buzz put her baby on the floor of the ride and they emergency stopped it and an attendant had to tell her to hold the baby. She was like "why?" To me that was CRAZY!"

Good grief! You really have to wonder about some people.

vegasmommytoDL
04-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Gee, I wonder how she thought she was going to be able to come back and get the baby once her AstroBlaster car kept traveling forward.

No I mean she put the baby on the floor of her CAR! She was in line right in front of me with a baby (maybe about 8 mos old) in one of those backpack carriers. She had another child that was about 4 years old and she set him in the car then took the baby off her back and laid it on the floor of the car. Next she sat down and tried to pull the lap bar down. She FULLY intended to ride with that baby on the floor! When we got close to where the lap bar comes down alarms went off and we halted. The 2 CM's on duty went running looking in each car and when they got to her they told her she needed to take the baby out and hold it on her lap. She wasn't happy about that... to me it was common sense!

My daughter and I went right back in after we exited (it was walk on at that time of the morning) and 3 CM's were standing there talking about how they couldn't believe that woman did that.

CM's must see some crazy things! I also saw a mother tell a child to try and stand and touch something on BTMRR and I really think some of these parents need a serious reality check. One mom told a little girl to cut the other kids in line to see Donald... what kind of parent tells a kid to cut in line?

If I were a CM I think I’d have a heart attack!