PDA

View Full Version : A shot in the proverbial dark, but ... [Club 33]

DizDave36
04-25-2007, 09:34 AM
Hi all,

I am new to the Mousepad as a contributor that is. I've consulted this and other forums for several years now to get my daily Disney fix and, of course, the latest news on all things Mouse related.

My love of Disney, as I'm sure you can all understand, runs long and deep. I've had the privilege of visiting Disney World several times and Disneyland once. I've even been fortunate enough to work for Mickey, first as a college intern and later as a Guest Services rep in the Wilderness Lodge.

This June, my wife and I will be making a second trip to Disneyland. We last went in 2003 and, while doing my "research" here on Mousepad, I made my initial discovery of the Disneyland mystery known as Club 33.

I am not going to make up some sob story here ... tell you that I have a terminal illness ... a sixth toe on one foot ... or anything. I am just desperate to dine within the hallowed halls of Club 33 and if ANYONE might have a name and email to share of someone who can pull strings (or knows someone who knows someone who knows someone's former college roomate's cousin twice removed).

I'll do all the bugging! If you provide a name and contact info, I can even keep your identity a secret! Sure, the person I contact might then think I'm a stalker, but, hey, it's a risk I'm willing to take.

I'm not a dignitary. I'm not a celebrity. Heck, I'm probably not even worthy to go. I'm just a fan ... and this is something I have to do ... or at least go down trying!! :)

Oh, and I'm not above bribes. Really not sure what I can offer, but we can think of something. I don't have any firstborn children to trade, but I do have some swell Disney snowglobes ... even a few without those annoying air bubbles!! LOL

Anyway, that's my case. I plead to you all now, the jury, to be sympathetic to my cries.

And it's nice to meet everyone by the way!!!

DizDave36
(david@o2ideas.com)

Clotho
04-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Hey David,

As you must likely surmise, we would ALL love to dine at Club 33. In general it is considered semi-poor-form to try and get and invitation by posting here. I mean, everyone here would love to do the same thing, and the board would be overrun with such requests, which would go unfulfilled.

It's also kinda tacky (sorry, but it is!) to join and then make one of your first posts here to be this request. This board is for meeting others and sharing, not for trying to ply people to allow you into Club 33. Go around and share in some discussions! Enjoy the board for what it is meant for--a chance to meet others who share our love of all things Disney! Not to get favors out of them...

One note: about a year or two ago, there was a member who was scamming people on forums like this by promising to get them into Club 33 and when they showed up at Disneyland...discovered they had no such reservation. It was just to be mean. So it's as unreliable as buying tickets on Ebay.

Anyway, just thought I would share. I hate to have this be your "welcome", but I figured *I* would want to know if I was was committing a social faux pas, and wanted to give you the courtesy of some gentle honesty.

See you aroud the forums!

DizDave36
04-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Not my intention to offend. My apologies ...

The Real Cinderella
04-25-2007, 11:36 AM
I was not offended in the least, and I don't see this as particularly bad form. Sure, we all want to get into Club 33, so what's the harm in asking? We are a community, after all.

Unfortunately, I know not a soul, or I would have abused those privileges long ago, trust me. I would be wary of people making promises, for the above mentioned scamming reasons, but I wish you all the best in your pursuits!

And Dave, please do not be put off by the abrasiveness of others. Unfortunately, that is one problem with message boards such as these. You have to take everything with a grain of salt. But welcome to the forum, and we hope to see you around!

DizDave36
04-25-2007, 11:53 AM
Thanks Real Cinderella for the warm welcome and kind words.

Though I know I'm facing the impossible here, I'm going to do my best to make this happen. (And, if it does, I'll tell ya how!!!) LOL

Clotho
04-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Please don't apologize "for me". I wasn't trying to be abrasive. I was trying to be gently honest. It is poor form to say "Hey I'm new and haven't yet contributed anything to this community; now will somebody help me get into the most coveted club in Disneyland?" Think of this as a roomful of friends and acquaintances carrying on a conversation, and a stranger walks in and says, "So, which one of you is going to loan me your car?" It just feels "off" to solicit favors from strangers you haven't taken the time to meet yet.

I KNOW you didn't mean it that way Dave, and I am sorry if it hurt you in some way to have that pointed out. I just want YOU to feel like you are getting off on the right foot here--this community is amazing, and the people here are so great and wonderful resources of information! Stick around, get to know some of us, contribute your thoughts and ideas, and then some paths may open to you without you even having to ask! :)

Clotho
04-25-2007, 01:12 PM
And for the record, anyone who would give you the phone number and e-mail address of someone who has an "in" so you can "bug them" and "stalk them" would get themselves in a lot of trouble...

cstephens
04-25-2007, 02:19 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with asking since that's allowed on this board (I don't think it's any more rude than saying you can't be bothered to read all the posts in a multi-page thread but you're going to post your response anyway so others can read it, and people do that kind of thing often, but I digress...), but I'd just say not to be angry or too disappointed if nothing comes of it.

Not saying anyone here thinks this way, but some people seem to have the opinion that those who have access to Club 33 are obligated to share. If I had a personal connection into Club 33, I wouldn't want my friends and acquaintances passing my name and number around so strangers could bug me about getting them in.

That being said, good luck to you, DizDave36, on your quest.

samsma
04-25-2007, 06:27 PM
I have heard of people (not on this board) who have bought the ability to dine at club 33 on craigslist.You might try that.