PDA

View Full Version : Food and Wine Weekends update - Menu for Lucky's Fortune Cookery

Darkbeer
04-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Stopped by the DLR yesterday and they had the Menu posted at Lucky's Fortune Cookery for the food items they will sell during the event. This year, all three windows will offer the same things, no need to go to a certain window to get a specific item. Of course, this and the fact that they can't use the Farmer's Market will make less items available for purchase.

The menu is

Lobster and Shrimp Quesadella - $5

Beer-Battered Halibut - $5

White Cheddar Soup - $3.75

Fesitval Cheese Plate - $5

Isreali Couscous with Roasted Pork - $4

California Skewers - $5

Grilled Artichoke - $3.75

Chocolate Marquise - $4

Seasonal Berries - $5

And a selection of wine and Karl Strauss Amber Lager to drink, along with Soft Drinks.

Seems like most of the Farmer's Market from last year was brought back, and most of the stuff sold at Lucky's last year wasn't.

The items will only be sold Friday thru Sunday for the 4 weekends of the event.

A photo of the menu with more detailed descriptions can be found here

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/2759292/1/146804147/Medium

cstephens
04-25-2007, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the info. Now I know exactly what we're having for lunch on Sunday. Couscous is the only thing I'm not all that crazy about. If the quesadilla and halibut are as good as they were last year, I'll be really happy. I really liked the cheddar cheese soup, but I was not happy about the dinner-roll-sized bread boule. Cute, but only about a teaspoonful of soup.

After we've had some wine, then we're going to go in search of MA staff! :~D

adriennek
04-25-2007, 04:04 PM
After we've had some wine, then we're going to go in search of MA staff! :~D

Do you wanna take phone orders and deliver to MA staff? :~D

Adrienne

cstephens
04-25-2007, 04:52 PM
Do you wanna take phone orders and deliver to MA staff? :~D

But wouldn't that be considered a bribe...oh, wait, I'm not playing.

But aren't you prohibited from using a phone...oh, wait, you're staff.

Sure, I'll deliver. But of course, I'd have to charge a service fee, a delivery fee, a customer service fee, a just-because-I-can fee. There'll be a lot more fees.

Anyone who wants anything, call my cel or the husband's cel around 2pm. We should be sufficiently liquored to maybe be able to take an order or two. ;)

(See, even though I don't play, I know some of the rules.)

crrees
04-25-2007, 05:49 PM
Isreali Couscous with Roasted Pork - $4

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/2759292/1/146804147/Medium

ironic?