PDA

View Full Version : Best Steak

cillydznygirl
04-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Steakhouse 55 or Hook's Pointe? Or do you think it is worth the cab ride to Morton's (we are not renting a car)?

fredc
04-24-2007, 07:43 PM
I have good steaks at Granvilles and Storyteller's but have not been to 55 (since name change) or Hooks Pointe. I think Mortons should be great and it is only 1 block south of the Disneyland resort (not worth a cab ride).

bloodnswash
04-25-2007, 06:00 AM
Haven't had Steakhouse 55 but I did eat at Hook's Pointe. It was pretty good.

cillydznygirl
04-25-2007, 08:35 AM
Thanks for your help. I didn't realize Morton's was so close. Thanks again.

llarch
04-25-2007, 09:03 AM
We eat at both Hook's and 55 (previously Granville's) each year, we take the kids to Hook's, my wife and I go to 55. They both are great, but for steaks, 55 is bit better (IMO).

cillydznygirl
04-25-2007, 09:29 AM
Yeah I kind of got the impression Hook's speciality was geared more towards seafood.

sierranevada
04-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Another vote for the steaks at 55!

Pat-n-Eil
04-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Haven't been there since the name change, but Granville's was good food and good service. Great ribeye last time I was there (March 2006). Good size, great flavor, prepared exactly as requested. Yum.

LostBoy02
04-25-2007, 03:00 PM
55 is excellent. Surpasses HP in my opinion.

missm
04-25-2007, 06:10 PM
We just ate at Hook's last month and I so wish we wouldn't have. I had the steak and had to salt it!! I never use salt. I think salt is a terrible thing, but it was so bland I had to do it. We were not impressed with the food. I posted a review of the restaurant in the reviews on here. We spent $104 on 2 people. I don't think that is very spendy compared to what we sometimes spend but for that much the food better be quality.

potzbie
04-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Hey!

What does that make Napa Rose?

Chopped liver?
:mad:

The Blue Parrot
04-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Well, I haven't had a steak at Napa Rose.

But I have enjoyed a few others about the property over the years including the Disneyland Hotel (before Goofy's Kitchen ever came along), the Tahitian Terrace, Hooks Pointe, Storytellers Cafe, and even Club 33, thanks to a very generous friend.

Hands down best was a filet mignon at Granvilles in December of 2003 back before Candlelight.

From a story about that trip on Jim Hill Mediahttp://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/roger_colton/archive/2003/12/11/842.aspx:

"Now recall that in order to obtain tickets for seats for the Candlelight ceremony, we had to each spend at least $50 on our meal. And that would not include taxes, gratuities or alcohol. Looking over the menu, we had a great selection to choose from. Had we not been under the restriction of that amount, there was a surprising offer of a prix fixed meal at only $28 per person. But we forged ahead and chose the following:

Dungeness Crab Cake

Green Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette

A 10 ounce Filet Mignon

Forest Mushrooms in a Port Reduction

Heirloom Potatoes with Garlic and Onions

Coffee

Grand Marnier Soufflé with Grand Marnier Ice Cream

We also got a chuckle as we were asked if we wanted still or sparkling water with our meal. During our trip to Germany in September 2001, it was frequently referred to as "with gas or without." We chose the still, and were served from a chilled glass bottle of Evian.

Our servers noted we were attending the Candlelight and did their utmost to be certain we would be there in plenty of time. And our Annual Pass discount took some of the sting out of the cost.

The meal was perfect from start to finish. The crab cake was tender and flavorful; the vinaigrette had plenty of berries; the filet's tender and a perfect medium rare; heirloom potatoes roasted just right; an assortment of tasty mushrooms; finishing with that soufflé. Yumola!"

And then there was one night at the Blue Bayou when our waitress brought out an extra slice of prime rib to the table. Pity it couldn't go back to the kitchen...

imcaptaineo
04-26-2007, 08:21 AM
Steakhouse 55 is definately the best place for steak. I brought my kids and wife there and for the money we spent we definately got our moneys worth with the huge thick cuts.

missm
04-26-2007, 08:48 AM
But I have enjoyed a few others about the property over the years including the Disneyland Hotel (before Goofy's Kitchen ever came along), the Tahitian Terrace, Hooks Pointe, Storytellers Cafe, and even Club 33, thanks to a very generous friend.

Oh my gosh....the Tahitian Terrace. I'm still mad they took that restaurant out of Disneyland. They had excellent food. I can still smell how awesome that place smelled when you walked inside. Thanks for bringing tha memory back to me.