PDA

View Full Version : Our Weekend Trip to Disneyland April 27th-30th

HudsonHawk
04-24-2007, 01:21 PM
So my wife and I are Disneyland freaks and now I know we have a home here at this forum. I'll be taking her to Disneyland this weekend for her 30th birthday. We'll give you an update when we get back. Crowds should be really good this weekend, but to us it doesn't really matter what the crowds are like. We have fun no matter what. Our favorite trips are the New Years trips. The parks are so crowded they close the gates. Last year, We were in DL all day then went over to DC. Dad was in the park, but then our daughters were coming a few minutes behind us. We'll I could see them right outside the gates and "BANG", they closed DC and weren't letting anyone else in. So what did dad do? I went up to the supervisor looking lady and said, "What happens if the mom and dad are in the park and the kids are out of the park and can't get back in? She smiled at me and asked me, "Were are they"? She waved them through, np. She saved the day!!! We absolutely love new years at the parks even with the great crowds.

I go for the fun and time with my wife. Just to see her child-like smiles and fun times are totally worth it all to me. Oh Ya, its fun to take the kids too..:) We'll post when we get back.

MermaidHair
04-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Have a great trip! We look forward to your trip report. :)

hlbtimes2
04-24-2007, 07:57 PM
Welcome to the board! Hope you are right about the crowds being low this weekend. I'll be there as well.

HudsonHawk
04-25-2007, 05:03 AM
Welcome to the board! Hope you are right about the crowds being low this weekend. I'll be there as well.

You have a great time also Linda. See you at the gate in the morning, nice and early!!!!:D

disneyochem
04-25-2007, 05:37 AM
We will be there as well. It is our annual birthday trip (me, DD10, DD8). I also hope the crowds are not too bad but who cares--we'll be in DL!

Cute little story about you and your kids. Glad to hear that Disney let them in rather than let you out!

Wildwill
04-25-2007, 04:58 PM
My wife and I and our 6 month old are going this weekend as well (Friday). I hope it's not TOO crowded. First time in three years, and first time with the baby.

Karin
04-25-2007, 06:47 PM
Sunday the 29th is the Spring run of MouseAdventure, run bu the good folks here at MousePlanet!

adriennek
04-26-2007, 07:03 AM
Saturday the 28th is our pre-MA picnic at the Picnic Area - Everyone is invited to stop by whether you're playing in MA or not! We'll be hanging around from about 12:30 to 2:30 if you'd like to stop by and meet some Padders. :)

Adrienne

Malcon10t
04-26-2007, 07:11 AM
We go every year from Christmas to New Years also. Its a family tradition. We LOVE NYE at the parks. I didn't realize the closed DCA, we knew people who were entering as late as 1030pm, and Disneyland gates reopened at 1130pm. We hung out in NOS due to the threat of the fire marshal closing the area. Its a great place to be at NYE.

itig
04-26-2007, 02:36 PM
We're doing a quick "hit and run" trip Sat night and Sun until about noon on our way to San Diego. Bought the AP, gotta use it if I get within 100 miles of the park. Assuming crowds will be high, but we're just going to do what we can and enjoy the time...hope you all have a great time as well!

HudsonHawk
05-01-2007, 10:12 AM
Well this last weekend went well. The crowds were light and we didn't spend more than 10 minutes in a line that we didn't have a fastpass for. My wife had a great birthday at Disneyland and the couple we went with had a nice time getting away from their 4 boys.:D The rainforest cafe was the usual fun place to eat and the wife had her picture taken with the big green frog as I announced that she had made it to "30". She got the big round of applause their too.

Really wanted to ride Splash Mountain but we knew it would be down for maintenance. Nemo is almost finished and looks to be a great ride. Looks as though they are building two more attractions in DC. Gotta love the corn dogs at the castle stand in DC. What a meal, I miss the food already. Washed it down later with a smoked turkey leg. While out of the park on SUnday, we ate at Nepals Pizzeria across from Downtown Disney. Kinda pricey, but the food was really full of flavor and fresh.

We rode the Davey Crooket canoes for the first time this trip and it was very eventful. Our tuor guide was so into his comedic role that we actually ran into the ship "Columbia". I mean we ran into it, "BLAM." I laughed so hard. Really hard to steer a canoe without it moving forward. We all thanked "Sean" our guide with a round of applause and went on our way.

We are looking forward to whats turning into an annual New Years trip. This time we are taking the family. I'm sure it will be as great as last New Years. See you all there!!!