PDA

View Full Version : Do we have the places to visit list based number of days we will be in Disneyland

humble
04-24-2007, 12:41 PM
I went through all the trip reports and the threads. But as a one dayer, I couldn't find the list of very important places we should visit to cover and enjoy the one day @ DL.

I know it is kind of subjective based one's taste and requirement, but can somebody give me a link to threads which mention the important rides/places or can somebody list it for me?

We never been to DL, we are 5 of us (Myself, wife, son (1+), father (67+) and mother. We are not planning to go all the places, get tired and not enjoying all of them. We want to be very selective and enjoy.

I am planning to go DL there on May 1st (Tuesday). I am not planning to go to DCA due to hectic schedule.

Thanks

hlbtimes2
04-24-2007, 01:49 PM
We meet again......

Family friendly (most anyway- use your judgement with the little one): jungle cruise, pirates, haunted mansion, pooh, buzz astroblasters, most things in fantasyland (lines form early, either go at opening or late in the evening).

Big rides- use "baby swap" if all adults want to ride: Indy, Space mt., Big Thunder, Star tours, matterhorn

Be sure to use fast pass for rides that have it. Disney doesnt enforce the ending return time, just the begining return time. Watch for the "your next fast pass will be available after" on the bottom of your fast pass so that you can get them each time they are available. Get them for everyone in your party, even if some dont think they'll ride it. Chances are someone will want to go again.

Take time to watch the parade. Billy Hill and the hillbillies are fun, and a nice time to sit down and have a little rest. If you are a star wars fan, take some time to watch the jedi training, the costumes are great.

simnia
04-24-2007, 02:05 PM
I'd recommend going on the top attractions that are not found at WDW or elsewhere. Very high on that list would be Pirates of the Caribbean (significantly different from Florida's version), the Matterhorn bobsleds, and Indiana Jones.

Wise not to try to do DCA. Not only can you not even cover DL in one day, but many people (including myself) don't like DCA.

oshan70
04-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Hello ~ You should have a very pleasant time at Disneyland on a Tuesday! The crowds will be light, and you can probably see everything, even if you don't stay all day. Since your son is a toddler (1-2?) and your parents are somewhat elderly, here is what I would recommend:

Fantasyland - This will be where most of your options are for rides.

When you enter the park, as you'll see on the map, you'll walk down Main Street (where all the best shops are), and continue to Sleeping Beauty's Castle. Walk under/through the Castle to enter Fantasyland. There you'll see the best rides for toddlers and seniors: Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, Pinnochio, the Carousel, Dumbo's Flying ride, Casey Jr.'s Train. (I don't recommend Snow White, as I think it is too scary ;) ). Then if you walk to the right (NE), away from the Carousel, you'll find the Tea Cups, Alice in Wonderland, Storybook Canal, and It's a Small World.

Toon Town - When you are near It's a Small World ride, to your left (NW) is Toon Town, where your son might enjoy the playground areas they have (Donald's Boat, Goofy's Playhouse), there are also places for adults to sit and watch.

Tomorrowland - SW of It's a Small World is Tomorrowland, where you might enjoy the Buzzlightyear's Astroblasters ride. It also might be possible to take your son on the Autopia self-drive cars, and the Astro Orbitor rockets, but maybe not.

From there you might enjoy taking the Disneyland Railroad over to Adventureland, instead of walking. You should definitely at some point take the Railroad all the way around the park, to see the sights. But it is also fun for simple transportation.

New Orleans Square - If you take the train from Tomorrowland, you'll get off at New Orleans Station. To the left (N) is Haunted Mansion, which is fun but might be too scary for your son. (Some toddlers love it, some cry.) It is a gentle ride, but it is dark. South from the train station is Pirates of the Caribbean, which is a good ride.

Adventureland - South from New Orleans, I would recommend the Jungle Cruise ride and the Tiki Room show.

Critter Country - North of New Orleans, there is the Winnie the Pooh ride.

This may sound like a lot to do, but it can be done at an easy and enjoyable pace, especially on a Tuesday. The park might feel large, but it is actually somewhat small. Also, the Parade of Dreams is at 7:00pm, and you can watch it at any spot on it's route from Main Street to It's a Small World. And all of the restaurants and snack places are good, although expensive.

I'm sure others will write with helpful advice, or if they disagree with me or if I've forgotten something. :)

I also recommend that you and your wife ride Space Mountain (it is a fun indoor roller coaster), and Thunder Mountain (also a small, fun, easy coaster) - they are quintessential Disneyland :D .

There is also a small movie theatre inside the park at the beginning of Main Street, where they are showing a flim called "The First 50 Magical Years" - it is only about 15 mins long, and is an entertaining look at the history of the park.

I hope this helped, and I hope you have a wonderful time!

oshan70
04-24-2007, 02:17 PM
accidental repeat post

Malcon10t
04-24-2007, 02:58 PM
Big rides- use "baby swap" if all adults want to ride: Indy, Space mt., Big Thunder, Star tours, matterhorn

Go to the parenting boards here to see how to use Fastpasses and Baby Swap most efficiently.

humble
04-25-2007, 07:51 AM
Thanks a lot oshan70. I would definitely have a plan before going there based on your inputs and will definitely update my experience.

Thanks again

I would suggest this kind of list for new comers based on days as well. If somebody wants to spend 2 days then the list may have different options, and 3 days, etc., and pin it at the top.

If this is already available somewhere, just have a thread on top with the link.

Malcon10t
04-25-2007, 07:55 AM
I would suggest this kind of list for new comers based on days as well. If somebody wants to spend 2 days then the list may have different options, and 3 days, etc., and pin it at the top.

If this is already available somewhere, just have a thread on top with the link.
The issue with this idea is what would be fun to older adults isn't what a couple 18yos want to do. And a young couple with a child, will be very different than a couple with teens. One list does not fit all.

hlbtimes2
04-25-2007, 09:14 AM
You might consider getting the "unofficial guide" book. It would help you decide what things your group would enjoy and the best way to tackle it all.

oshan70
04-25-2007, 09:57 AM
My pleasure!

I thought I would add a quick note, because I was afraid my last post may have included more activities than you were hoping for.

For a shorter version of my plan, if you feel tired or worried about time after visiting Fantasyland, I would cancel visits to Toon Town and Tomorrowland.

In this case, you could take the Disneyland Railroad from the Toon Town Station (N near It's a Small World), all the way around to New Orleans Station.

:cool: