PDA

View Full Version : Maleficent Sightings

kewlyloch
04-24-2007, 11:35 AM
Has anyone had any Maleficent sightings in the parks lately? Do they even have a Maleficent character walking around the parks these days?

Vegitabeta
04-24-2007, 11:44 AM
I have to say, I've never seen one walking around, but I think they may be one around at Halloween?

alexandrasmom
04-24-2007, 01:24 PM
I, too, have only seen her at Halloween in DCA. Sorry!

Mrs Mouse
04-24-2007, 02:57 PM
If I remember correctly, she used to be a part of the Villians meet & greet near the castle. But from what I hear, that is no more (correct me if I'm wrong, though).

disneyperson
04-24-2007, 04:50 PM
She's a very difficult character to make believable close up. I've only seen her as a character in a parade or a show. We were hoping to see her at Halloween , but never did.:crying:

Phantom2006
04-24-2007, 05:11 PM
I saw her once in 2001 she was near the Matterhorn.

JadaB
04-24-2007, 05:18 PM
For those who have actually seen her, is she a face character or costumed like the queen of hearts from Alice in Wonderland?
I'm assuming a face character from the posts, but usually when I assume, I'm wrong! :p

disneyperson
04-24-2007, 05:25 PM
For those who have actually seen her, is she a face character or costumed like the queen of hearts from Alice in Wonderland?
I'm assuming a face character from the posts, but usually when I assume, I'm wrong! :p
She was a face character when I saw her in the parade and she had bulit up makeup on her cheeks and chin. She was also standing on a platform with her gown flowing over it so she looked suitably tall. Very hard to pull off close up .

DaddyB
04-24-2007, 08:29 PM
I've only ever seen her in Fantasmic. I heard she was at the Villains Lair meet-n-greet area just inside the castle (when it was there, it's been gone for some time now), but I never saw her or saw anyone's pictures.

Of course, if you're desperate, you could always take your picture just outside the "Nightmare Before Christmas Shop" in New Orleans Square... there's a fiberglass bust of her there.

ChipmunkStar
04-25-2007, 12:11 AM
Maleficent hasn't been visintg ith guests at DIsneyland for a few years now. To clarify: Maleficent is the EVIL green fairy from Sleeping Beauty. Not the Lovely woman you'd find wandering through Fantasyland on any given day. That would be the Queen from Snow White.

The closest Maleficent came to being in the Villains Lair location was the mosaic that was placed directly above it.

kewlyloch
04-25-2007, 07:31 AM
Thanks everyone. So it sounds like we should not get our hearts set on seeing her on our next trip!

The Evil Queen
04-25-2007, 08:25 AM
Maleficent hasn't been visintg ith guests at DIsneyland for a few years now. To clarify: Maleficent is the EVIL green fairy from Sleeping Beauty. Not the Lovely woman you'd find wandering through Fantasyland on any given day. That would be the Queen from Snow White.

The closest Maleficent came to being in the Villains Lair location was the mosaic that was placed directly above it.

Being a big fan of the evil queens (I've been them for Halloween many, many times) I've only seen THE Evil Queen once. Each time I go to DLR, I'm on the hunt. This last time, tho, I did manage a pix with Cruella!

Alas, The Villian's Liar is always a vacant, lonely corner when I visit...:crying:

geoffa
04-25-2007, 09:04 AM
AND....quite often in the nightime parades and Fantasmic she is played by a man!

Another Dimension
04-25-2007, 11:08 AM
Maleficent has made some appearances a couple years ago on Bats Days... and has made Halloween appearances off and on for years.
Unfortunlately.. mostly off. :(

When the Villains Lair shop opened in Fantasyland in 2001 she did several shifts of Meet & Greets... but I haven't seen her do scheduled Meet & Greets anywhere in Disneyland in several years... and I never saw her or heard of her being scheduled in the recent Villains Lair Meet & Greet area that replaced the Narnia White Witch Meet & Greet at all.

She is quite rare inside DL.

I've never seen her in a Disneyland parade... and geoffa is correct, in F!... she's always a bloke.

I've seen more than a few shows where Mickey defeats Maleficent instead of "Bucky the Dragon" in Fantasmic! though.
The final battle isn't as good, but still really fun to see.