PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Parade Questions?

ShirleyFilms
04-24-2007, 11:17 AM
I notice that CA closes at 9pm on Friday, but that the Electrical Parade starts at 8:45. Is it really short? Or does it go past closing (a little).

Also. Is there a good place to see this parade? I want to have a good view of it, but I also want to be able to get out in time get back over to DLR and see the fireworks! :) Where exactly does the parade run?

Thanks a ton!!!

Vegitabeta
04-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Well, the best place we've stood is opposite the sun in Sunshine Plaza, then you just turn round and make a run for DL! And you get a very good view there. Not sure about the time thing, although I know that they don't kick you out at 9 on the dot...Is 9 not just the time they stop letting people in?

Darkbeer
04-24-2007, 11:30 AM
The parade runs from the Route 66 area (Maliboomer/Orange Stinger) to Sunshine Plaza and exits next to Playhouse Disney.

It is currently Friday thru Sundays, starting around 8:45 PM, sometimes a few minutes late (usually when Fantasmic! is being offered, to try and keep people at DCA).

If the park closes at 9 PM, all that means is that the main entrance gates are closed for entry, and that the attraction lines will be cut off (no new guests). The park itself and selected shops do remain open for at least 30 minutes. There have been days where the DEP is offered at 8 PM, and the park "closes" at 8 PM, they allow everyone to watch, and then are asked to head towards the exits.

I like the area near the Souvenir 66 gift shop, usually not too many folks and a good view (and a nice backdrop if you sit on the north side of the street)