PDA

View Full Version : Where did you win?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

miss bianca
04-24-2007, 07:39 AM
I'm curious to see where people have won a Year of a Million Dreams prizes at.

Here's mine:

Ears at entrance to Frontierland (via Hub)
Pass for Free Photo's in DCA by Minnie's Airplane (near Soarin)

cstephens
04-24-2007, 07:44 AM
ears underneath the train overcrossing leaving Toontown

Tinkermommy
04-24-2007, 07:50 AM
Ears, exiting the Monorail inside Disneyland.

Mark Mywords
04-24-2007, 08:12 AM
dream passes at bridge at splash mountain drop
photo passes at exit from Indy

Lekta
04-24-2007, 08:13 AM
How about who you were with? Are my wife and I going to be eligible even if we don't have little ones with us?

samsma
04-24-2007, 09:08 AM
Across from the animation bld. in DCA.
You can still win without kids, they did a mass handout of lanyards(about50) to everyone in the area.

Andrew
04-24-2007, 09:31 AM
I've never won. :(

Malcon10t
04-24-2007, 09:32 AM
How about who you were with? Are my wife and I going to be eligible even if we don't have little ones with us?
Has absolutely nothing to do with it. The computer spits out "8:47am, exit to Dumbo, 50 fastpasses" it doesn't matter who is with you, all who are exiting at 8:47am from Dumbo will win til the 50 are gone.

Malcon10t
04-24-2007, 09:34 AM
In my mailbox! Between the 4 kids and me, we have about 9 ears and 8 pin lanyards.

shawnarae
04-24-2007, 09:44 AM
By the Tortilla Factory place in DCA (is that the name of it?)

BarbD
04-24-2007, 09:53 AM
I won ears as I exited Pinnoccio I think it was. And we had no kid with us either.

yenko427
04-24-2007, 10:07 AM
I think it would be good to know the times that people won their prizes at too............just a thought.

We won fastpasses and free 5x7's coming off Autopia at about 10:15 a.m. (park opening at 10 a.m.)

adriennek
04-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Ears - The Sorcerer's Hat between ESPN Zone & DLH.

The thing that cracked me up was that all you had to do was walk through the middle of the Dream Squad to get them. People were all around them oblivious. They were standing or sitting around, digging through their backpacks or reading their ticket or waiting for something (I assume someone else to join them.) If I were them? I would've STOPPED what I was doing and walked over to get a pair of ears, LOL.

Adrienne

Darkbeer
04-24-2007, 11:22 AM
A lot at home, using the postcard entry method.

As for in the park.

My first prize was a free 5 by 7 photo, everyone exiting the Monorail at Tomorrowland at a certain time got them (it was Noonish)

The second win was near the Petrified Tree by the Mark Twain/Columbia loading dock. Interesting thing here, due to some painting, the path was blocked on one side, so the 2 Dream Patrol folks were just standing by the tree and a certain line in the concrete. I walked up and said Hi, and they advised me I needed to cross the line, so I did. Then they had a bit of fun, and said "Winner" like at a carnival game and handed me my ears. Since it was off the beaten path they weren't handing out that many, and still had many pairs of ears to hand out. (About 1 PM)

As for how to maximize your chances, first off, get to the park at OPENING, the Hotel Stay and the Dream FASTPASes need to be handed out early in the day. The rules state that all prizes should be handed out by 5 PM. So get there early and keep your eyes open for the folks in the White Vests. The Dream Patrol only puts them on when giving away prizes. If they are just dressed in their noraml blue, then they are just doing Guest Relations work, waiting for the computer to tell them the next place to go.

sandiegorob
04-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Ears while exiting POTC. Nothing in the mail even though I've been mailing 4 postcards a day since November.

PanFan
04-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Ears around 11:45 by Minnie's airplane (between Soarin' and Grizzly River Run).

Darkbeer
04-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Ears while exiting POTC. Nothing in the mail even though I've been mailing 4 postcards a day since November.

Are you following the instructions?

Mainly is the post card 3 1/2 by 5 inches?

Are you HANDwriting your name and other info?

Either of those issues can have the postcard thrown out as being invalid.

shanbri
04-24-2007, 12:00 PM
the first drawing animation class at DCA for the fast passes.

Around lunch at Pizza Port for the personal table service.

MinnieMomma
04-24-2007, 03:38 PM
Lanyards at the "gate" leaving GCH by Sephora.

Tisha
04-24-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm definitely interested in knowing the times people win things! I go to the park a lot and haven't won anything, but I tend to go later in the day. I've been under the impression they must do most of it early on. :crying:

Malcon10t
04-24-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm definitely interested in knowing the times people win things! I go to the park a lot and haven't won anything, but I tend to go later in the day. I've been under the impression they must do most of it early on. :crying:A good majority of prizes are presented by noon-1pm. All are done by 5pm. My understanding is the fastpasses are handed out in the first 3 hours of park opening.

Tisha
04-24-2007, 04:29 PM
A good majority of prizes are presented by noon-1pm. All are done by 5pm. My understanding is the fastpasses are handed out in the first 3 hours of park opening.

Thanks for the info! Definitely helps explain why I haven't won! I live about an hour away and am rarely at the park before noon. :rolleyes:

Mayble I'll be luckier at Disney World in June. I'm planning to be there for rope drop every morning!

crrees
04-24-2007, 05:51 PM
We will be in the parks at opening everyday from April 27th-May 1st I hope we win something!!!

Maus
04-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Fastpasses exiting Tower of Terror. It was just before lunch, maybe 11:30.

Lanyard w/pins as we left Downtown Disney. Same as Adrienne's experience. The Dream Squad was standing and waiting just before we got to the parking lot, between 1 and 2 p.m. Folks were walking around them, but not me!

landj
04-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Nothing on the last trip....but on Dec/06 trip we( 5 of us ) got lanyards w/pins exiting under the tunnel( Main St- left side) in the afternoon.