PDA

View Full Version : Questions re: Disneyland Railroad & Monorail

webmomma
04-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Sorry if these seem like silly or elementary questions, but I haven't been to DL in 10 years so I really don't know. Regarding the DL railroad, can you bring strollers on the train? If yes, is it faster to walk from main street to toontown or to ride the train around? (walking would be at a leisurely pace with 3 kids in tow)

About the monorail, I read that you can get on in Tomorrowland or Downtown Disney. So if I was in Downtown Disney with no DL ticket, can I get on it and ride roundtrip back to DD? Or do you have to have a DL ticket to board? And how long would that roundtrip be? Our first day there we aren't going to the parks....we have an afternoon/evening to do something....thought we'd go to DD, shop, eat and ride the monorail if that is possible.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

bloodnswash
04-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Yes, you can take strollers on the DL train. Which is faster? I think it kinda depends on many factors.....how many people are on the train. How many are getting off. How crowded is DL that day. Things of that nature.

Unless it has changed, you can't ride round trip on the Monorail unless you have a ticket.

Bytebear
04-23-2007, 12:56 PM
The monorail station has a park gate just like the main gate, and you cannot board without a ticket. You used to be able to buy tickets at a nearby booth, but the booth is now a pin trading store.

Malcon10t
04-23-2007, 02:05 PM
The trains are usually running 5-7 minutes apart. So, from Main street to ToonTown is about 10-15 minutes on the train. Walking may be slightly faster. You can take strollers on, but they ask you to fold them up.

Monorail you will need a park ticket.

webmomma
04-23-2007, 04:08 PM
THanks to everybody for the info!

kimbopotamus
04-24-2007, 07:16 AM
Thanks for bringing up this topic webmomma! I was wondering about this also.
Can I ride the monorail RT without getting off? In other words, can I get on in Tomorrowland and go all the way around or will I have to get off in DTD and get back in line to get back on? I leave tomorrow for my sixth trip to DL and believe it or not, I've never ridden the monorail:eek:

miss bianca
04-24-2007, 07:58 AM
The only thing I don't like about bring strollers on the Train is that you have to fold them up and hold them next to you. If you have anything in the bottom basket it becomes a hassle. Sometimes its easier to walk.

simnia
04-24-2007, 08:06 AM
Can I ride the monorail RT without getting off?

Of course. Roundtrip from Disneyland is the typical route for most people. The only drawback is there's often a long wait at the Downtown Disney station, sometimes 20 minutes or more. If you're on the left side, you can people watch, if you're on the right side, you can bird watch. But that wait always bores me. Once I videotaped the entire ride and for completeness I documented the stop at the DD station and was reduced to zooming in and out on the coral trees and car interior signs during the long pause.