PDA

View Full Version : the barren strip along Disney Way

simnia
04-23-2007, 07:46 AM
I found out recently that the barren strip underneath the power lines all along Disney Way and the Pumbaa lot used to have one or more businesses on it, including Golfworld, which was a miniature golf course. Does anybody happen to know why that strip was cleared out? Were the power lines too dangerous (cancer-causing radiation, shock danger, or whatever)? Or is that land maybe awaiting future development? Is that ugly dirt lot going to be an ugly dirt lot permanently? Just curious.

Malcon10t
04-23-2007, 08:50 AM
I found out recently that the barren strip underneath the power lines all along Disney Way and the Pumbaa lot used to have one or more businesses on it, including Golfworld, which was a miniature golf course. Does anybody happen to know why that strip was cleared out? Were the power lines too dangerous (cancer-causing radiation, shock danger, or whatever)? Or is that land maybe awaiting future development? Is that ugly dirt lot going to be an ugly dirt lot permanently? Just curious.Isn't this where the Anaheim Garden Walk is going? If it is where I am thinking, its being worked on. They had big pieces of equipment there back at Christmas. Darkbeer can probably give a better update.

ETA - Here's a link with an aerial map http://www.anaheimgardenwalk.com/siteplans.html

jdee
04-23-2007, 08:53 AM
I think the Garden Walk is on the other side of the street from this area.

simnia
04-23-2007, 09:40 AM
jdee is correct: Anaheim Gardenwalk is going in on the south side of the street. The "no man's land" barren strip is on the north side, directly across from it (and then some). That strip extends all the way from Harbor Boulevard to I-5, except for street breaks. Yes, it's an ugly street right now: construction on one side, and a wasteland on the other.

darph nader
04-23-2007, 07:51 PM
The north side 'used' to a Golf and Stuff. Dropped a few quarters there myself. My son got a job at the local G&S,and I'm thinking "Free golf games":) ,sts it was plowed under 2 months later.:crying: