PDA

View Full Version : Winning a dream was easy, pick for Jedi hard

jillshumway
04-22-2007, 06:09 PM
We just got back from a great five day visit to disneyland. WE won dream fast passes 2x but had to go to Jedi Traning 4x to get 1 of our 5 children picked.

I can not complain it was so much fun.

We won our first Fast pass after only being in the park a short time we were ridding our 3rd ride it was about 10:45 and we got on the elevator for the HM. I saw the Dream person and turned to my DD and said we are about to win something. They shut the Doors and said congratulations you are all winners of dream fastpasses. Even the baby got one and he couldn't ride most of the FP rides.

Day two we were in Ca. At the disney visa meet and great and when we came out we found them on the bridge towards the tortilla factory. My teens got there first then I started running. When I got there I got the last fast pass and the guy said I noticed you out ran the rest of your family. You will have to ask bob if he can help the rest of your family out. Bob pulled out 4 more passes out of a small bag. That was 7 passes each day. The only problem was they only helped us out on 2 rides the lines were short.
Jill

houseofmouse
04-22-2007, 09:09 PM
Wow, you are one lucky person! I have been there twice, Dec. and March and won nothing! If fact we never saw anyone win anything or see any dream team people the whole time we were there!
Congrats!
I still want those cool mouse ears, we have one more shot this June!! Heehee.

Gramiangel420
04-23-2007, 07:09 AM
We were there in April and saw tons of people with the fast passes and people with the special ears, but sadly we never saw the dream team or received anything. :crying: We were there 5 days and it was very crowded.

princess- ada
04-23-2007, 10:23 AM
We have a plan for Jedi Training for our next trip. Hopefully It will work!!! My son is dying to do it.

samsma
04-23-2007, 11:33 AM
Lots of people had signs for Jedi( pick me because.........) when we were there. We were worried our daughter would not get picked. We arrived at the first show 45 min before it started. She jumped as high as she could, she fake screamed because her throat was sore from all the "pre screaming". We were right up front and she got picked, first time.
Good luck, hope the little one gets picked!

Cat H
04-23-2007, 11:35 AM
I was there April 7-11 and never saw the dream team. However, when I checked into the Paradise Pier Hotel I was the "magical upgrade of the day" and was upgraded to a one bedroom suite. Very cool!

disneyfan4ever54
04-23-2007, 01:05 PM
My son really wants to do the Jedi Training. Is there anything special the kids can do to get picked?....or shoud we just get there really early so that he can be in fron? He will be celebrating his Birthday and getting picked would be an awesome present. :) We will be there on a weekday, so will that make things easier too?

Bytebear
04-23-2007, 01:12 PM
I think the key is enthusiasm. He needs to be really eager and noticed. It is pretty random, but you have to be noticed to be picked. I have seen shy kids get overlooked just because they didn't get noticed.

jillshumway
04-23-2007, 02:42 PM
My son really wants to do the Jedi Training. Is there anything special the kids can do to get picked?....or shoud we just get there really early so that he can be in fron? He will be celebrating his Birthday and getting picked would be an awesome present. :) We will be there on a weekday, so will that make things easier too?

having watched it 4x here is what I would do. Make sure they know how to look excited and jump up and down. Get there early enought to get in the front row. They will have the best chance of getting picked if they look 5-9 years old. They always picked one if not two people in a darth vader shirt or mask. they always picked 1-2 in the jedi brown outfit. They never picked anyone in a jedi tranning Tshirt. If you don't have jedi related outfit wear yellow or orange he liked bright colors things that made you easy to see and set you apart from the group. They pick the kids by discribing what they wear. Signs also worked but not if too many kids have them.

Good luck

mariad26
04-24-2007, 07:24 AM
The sad part of the Jedi training pick is you see all the kids waiting their turn to be picked and then you see the parents who push through the crowd ...who never waited with the rest of us...and tell their kids just to run up...The Jedi people never even notice. I wonder if these parents realize what values they are teaching their kids?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-25-2007, 09:19 AM
I was just there for 2 days and never saw any dream team CMs. That is awesome you won FPs 2 times!