PDA

View Full Version : Conventions cause bigger crowds?

opus
06-13-2002, 08:50 PM
Hi all...

We're looking at spending 5 or so days at DLR the first part of October. I noticed on some Anaheim Convention site that there will be a Microsoft convention the weekend we want to be there. They are planning on around 5000 people at the convention.

My question is: does anyone have any experience with Anaheim conventions and their affect on crowds at DLR? Should I even worry about it? I suppose 5000 (not that all of them would be there at the same time) isn't really that much overall. Any comments?

Thanks.

Nigel2
06-13-2002, 09:37 PM
Well it depends on if the convetion will be finished while you are there or if the people will all be in the convention center the whole time, also if they bring kids or families along that also affects the parks, but since it's going to be october it probably wont make much of a difference (or at any part of the year). So odds are it will have little effect.:D

MickeyD
06-13-2002, 11:50 PM
5000 isn't that many for a convention there. I would imagine that in the beginning of October they won't have too much of an impact on DL attendance.

mickeymom
06-14-2002, 05:23 AM
The real thing you should try to find out is is Microsoft has booked a "private party" for any of the nights. Nothing is worse than getting kicked out of the park early on a night to find out that Disney (or Universal or Sea World etc...) has rented out the park for a Corporate Event!

opus
06-14-2002, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to find out if they've booked anything.